No votes

Total votes: 28

CustomZ
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

Type of bike

#1 Unread post by CustomZ »

I ask this because a friend and i where talking about what types ladies like to ride, and i said it depends on the rider, but he said most ladies are more afraid of sport bikes, just wondering if its true? and why?
2004 GSX-R600

Kaige
Veteran
Veteran

#2 Unread post by Kaige »

I have a cruiser, though not because I'm afraid of a sport bike. There's a number of reasons why I own a cruiser. First of all I'm a new rider, so I really don't want or need all that torque. I don't need something that can go 0 to 60mph in a hiccup nor do I want to be tempted to "pee" off the Grim Reaper in the twisties just yet. I also happen to be short (5'4) and my Shadow is pretty low to the ground so I can flat foot it. I'm not comfortable riding on my tip toes, and most of the sport bikes I've sat on are a bit tall for me.

I do happen to think girls on sport bikes are way hot though! :D

CustomZ
Veteran
Veteran

#3 Unread post by CustomZ »

Kaige wrote:I do happen to think girls on sport bikes are way hot though! :D

Agreed, but i think a girl on any bike is hot just sport bike a little more
2004 GSX-R600

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum

#4 Unread post by Ladymx »

I think you will find lady riders on everything, depending on the same things guys do when looking into a bike.

CustomZ
Veteran
Veteran

#5 Unread post by CustomZ »

Chels wrote:I think you will find lady riders on everything, depending on the same things guys do when looking into a bike.
ya thats what i think but my friend has quite a stroge opion on this so i'll show him this thread if it proves me right.
2004 GSX-R600

Loonette
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#6 Unread post by Loonette »

After finishing with my "learner" bike (Honda Rebel) I rode a Yamaha FZ6 for about 7 months. I'm 5'2", and the height of the bike made it difficult for me to get comfortable. But I was never afraid of the bike or its power. My new bike, while classified as a cruiser, is pretty darn fast and powerful.

I agree with Chels - if you gathered up every woman rider on Earth, there would be just as much variety in bikes as with all the men riders on Earth.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#7 Unread post by cb360 »

I'd bet there are more women on cruisers and scooters than anything else. That's just based on anecdotal evidence of what I see in my region though. I'm sure there are there, but I don't recall seeing a woman on a sportbike in Seattle whereas I see them on scooters and cruisers just about every day.
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#8 Unread post by dr_bar »

In vancouver I see more women on sport bikes than cruisers. There is a really large women ridership in this part of the world because we pretty much ride year round. The younger women are climbing aboard those sport bikes like crazy, with that said, there's a huge number riding cruisers and touring bikes as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Mr_X
Veteran
Veteran

#9 Unread post by Mr_X »

lol, I was pretty ticked to see some fat old gray haired lady pass me in a no passing zone while she was on her brandi-new suzuki hayabusa... I fit the stereotype for that kinda bike.. haha o wells.. she looked like she was having a blast tho :laughing:
92 Katana 1100
"Learn to responde not to react" - buddah

CustomZ
Veteran
Veteran

#10 Unread post by CustomZ »

well i havn't see any ladies on sport bikes here in calgary i've lived here for 4 years and not one that i've seen or know, well maybe i just havn't been looking hard enough. i would love to meet a girl with a sport bike. where are all you hiding!!!??!?
2004 GSX-R600