LADIES - Women's Pants?

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#21 Unread post by blues2cruise »

CNF2002 wrote:LOL...what I meant was that no one would really notice if your riding pants didn't fit perfectly. :dunno:
I bought a pair of riding pants that fit when standing. For some reason the manufacturers haven't figured out that we ladies actually wear them riding which means they get shorter when you sit on your bike.

The knee pads are on top of my thighs when I sit on the bike and my ankles are completely exposed.

I am in the process of modifying them. I bought some waterproof material to make an attached gator to pull down over the top of the boot when I ride.....but I haven't figured out what to about the knee pads yet....except take them out.

Mens' pants are built quite straight. Women have curves.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#22 Unread post by Shorts »

I was thinkiong about this post a lot lately. I'm almost really curious as to if a motorcycle pant co. would do me the honor of receiving a pair of my old favorite jeans and either modifying them with riding armor/material or use them as a pattern for a custom pair.

Costs are so ridiculous for riding gear, and on top of it, us girls have to wear junk that doesn't fit.

Guys see it as no big deal. But guys, a confident woman is a happy woman :wink:

blues2cruise

#23 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Shorts wrote:I was thinkiong about this post a lot lately. I'm almost really curious as to if a motorcycle pant co. would do me the honor of receiving a pair of my old favorite jeans and either modifying them with riding armor/material or use them as a pattern for a custom pair.

Costs are so ridiculous for riding gear, and on top of it, us girls have to wear junk that doesn't fit.

Guys see it as no big deal. But guys, a confident woman is a happy woman :wink:
Look into Draggin Jeans website. They will custom make some for a fee.

Reddemon
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#24 Unread post by Reddemon »

I know this post has been sitting here for a while, but I have to say, I love my Firstgear overpants. They have woman's sizes (and they run true: if you wear an 8, get the 8 overpant) Sure, you look a little bulkier when walking around, but you can take them off easily and store them in your saddlebags. They have a removeable liner too.
I'm warm, and best of all, safer with the armour on the knees and hips. I've been commuting to work daily, some 30 miles round trip on busy 2 lane roads. The one time I did dump my bike over (a BMW R1100R that I was getting used to) I was only in jeans. I ended up with huge bruises on my hip and upper leg, and that was from almost a standstill. Wouldn't have bruised as much in the Firstgear pants.
They're pricey, about $190, but a good investment. Oh, and they are waterproof too. No more $%&#$*$# when it starts raining when you're still 10 miles from home... :roll:

MonkeyMaw
Elite
Elite

#25 Unread post by MonkeyMaw »

My sweetheart surprised me yesterday with an amazing pair of leather riding pants. They have stretch panels below the knees, at the waist and on the calves; thicker padding at the knees and hips; breathable perforations at the backs of the knees; 3 pockets; zips at the ankles; the whole nine yards. They are sweet! Really high quality.
Alas, they do not fit. Imagine my roller coaster of emotion. They are made in England and are a British size 14. The seller said that was like a US 10. It's more like a 6. Sweety got them for a steal and I'd be willing to sell them to a TMW lady for the price he paid.
If anyone is interested in the pants, just PM me. I'll also be posting them, with photos, in the For Sale section.
'85 Yamaha FJ600

jct
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#26 Unread post by jct »

Reddemon wrote:I know this post has been sitting here for a while, but I have to say, I love my Firstgear overpants. They have woman's sizes (and they run true: if you wear an 8, get the 8 overpant) Sure, you look a little bulkier when walking around, but you can take them off easily and store them in your saddlebags. They have a removeable liner too.
I'm warm, and best of all, safer with the armour on the knees and hips. I've been commuting to work daily, some 30 miles round trip on busy 2 lane roads. The one time I did dump my bike over (a BMW R1100R that I was getting used to) I was only in jeans. I ended up with huge bruises on my hip and upper leg, and that was from almost a standstill. Wouldn't have bruised as much in the Firstgear pants.
They're pricey, about $190, but a good investment. Oh, and they are waterproof too. No more $%&#$*$# when it starts raining when you're still 10 miles from home... :roll:
What a funny coincidence-- I bought the exact same Firstgear overpants recently and I completely agree with your assessment. Not haute couture, but they fit to size and are quite comfortable. I went on a rather nippy ride yesterday here in the Northeast and I was quite comfortable.

JT
2007 H-D XL883 Low

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#27 Unread post by Veda »

I also have the Firstgear HT Overpants. I agree they are very warm with the liner and kept me totally dry after a 30 minute ride in the rain. However, I don't really care for the fit. I don't have much in the way of curves and find the crotch, hip and waist area on the pants much too big, but then they are much too short when I'm sitting. Still though, they are worth the money for the warmth.

motogirl
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#28 Unread post by motogirl »

I realize you guys are mostly talking about pants that offer more protection, though the worth of Draggin Jeans and Rocket Steel jeans is debateable...

...but for wind chill reduction and a slight bit more protections, I've found good ol' leather chaps to work just great. I steered far away from chaps for a long time, but have come to realize they are so, so easy to put on and take off. And the storage! They just roll up into a little jelly roll, easy to fit in a saddle bag, or even a large-ish purse. Mine are black, with a lovely braid detail on the sides. I can take them off and put them back on in, I'm guessing, less than 3 minutes. Makes a lot of sense for me, since I'm not comfortable enough with the way I look in them to want to wear them in stores or restaurants.

Just a thought. They are actually quite flattering, and a lot easier to get a good fit compared with riding pants...
One can never consent to creep when one feels the urge to soar - Helen Keller

darsek
Elite
Elite

#29 Unread post by darsek »

Hi all,

I haven't seen any mention of Olympia brand pants... I have these and they are great. There is a liner for extra warmth, you can choose from 3 different positions for your knee pads. Now I am quite tall and quite curvy and it is hard for me to find pants that are both big enough AND tall enough, these fit the bill perfectly. There is room for my hips, thighs, and arse with the waist being appropriately smaller. For those who are less long of leg they make them so they can be easily tailored by stopping the side zipper 6 inches short of the bottom. And, they are waterproof. Yes, they are like snowpants but what are ya gonna do?
And, yes, I should be glad to have the extra protection of hip padding but, uh, really, do I really want my hips BIGGER?! :crybaby:

I bought them at an excellent retailer in San Francisco where thay carry lots of womens gear (compared to other places), but here is the company website www.olympiamotosports.com

blues2cruise

#30 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Which particular model do you have?