LADIES - Women's Pants?

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: LADIES - Women's Pants?

#41 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Olympia Airglide.

They have side panels that can stretch. The zipper on the leg stops about 8 inches short of the bottom so they could be shortened if you're petite. The bottom part is just velcro.

I has to get the man's version for leg length....

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/ladies ... depant.htm

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/mensai ... depant.htm

Mine are all black.

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#42 Unread post by Veda »

I wear the Joe Rocket Cleo Mesh pants. Aside from the fact that the ones I have are too big for me they are a solid pair of pants...

http://bikesareforgirls.com/2010/07/joe ... esh-pants/

HotMess
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: what!? A liter bike? nah..not yet.*grin*

#43 Unread post by HotMess »

I asked the "pants" question a while ago in the newbie section (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41026) and am still looking for this magic perfect fit, lol!

I tried a bunch by now just to come to conclusion that I will have to compromise at some point. I found almost perfect pair - Scorpion savannah pants. They are definitely the most stylish I tried so far and have a fit of the regular flair cut jeans but, boy, they are so low cut that when I sit on the bike my butt crack (pardon, girls) starts to show....And I am not too curvy. I just imagine more curvy girl wearing them, oh boy, men drivers will definitely be happy to follow you on the road, lol! Also, it is a super pain to put them on with the liner attached. Other than that they do fit nicely and the only ones that don't look like a snow pants and actually made for a woman. I say - nice try and yes, going to the right direction but I would say that it's made for a woman, not a woman rider, ironically! :) Another huge issue for me with a low cut on this pants is that the jacket that comes with the pants is attached only in one point on the back with a flimsy strap that doesn't need much to open up, so if I go down, strap will open up and I will be riding on my very lovely lower back, grinding it to bones...no thanks. I don't like this kind of fashion, lol.

So, where am I going to compromise...hmmm... let see:
1. I want maximum protection - no compromise here - gear has to be padded with at least CE foam. I think that I am going to upgrade the protection pads to something more decent that will fit into designated for a foam pockets anyway. I ruled out all the jeans too, including draggin jeans. They really don't look to me too much of a protection or a good fit/fashionable in compare to other leathers or tex on the market anyway (I am speaking for myself, so, no offense draggin jeans lovers :)).
2. I want my pants and jacket to stay one piece when I go down to save my lower back from road rush - that means that jacket and pants have to be from the same manufacturer so the attaching zipper match or to buy a jacket and pants from separate manufacturers and sew the whole around zipper so when I ride the lower back (or lower :)) is not showing.
3. I want my gear to have a waterproof/windproof removable liner and to have good air flow through when needed/liner removed.
4. I want a nice fit to show that this is a woman riding.

So, what will fill the bill... I also thought that I probably want the gear to fit over my regular clothes too. So, ladies, I am going today to hit motorcycle dealerships in search for.....wait for it.....wait for it... one piece leather riding suit! They do those for women, fills the demands list above and if fit - should look smoking.

I will let you know how it goes and promise pictures if I end up with a one-piece leathers. :) Wish me luck.
My way or nothing at all.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#44 Unread post by Gummiente »

HotMess wrote:... one piece leather riding suit! They do those for women, fills the demands list above and if fit - should look smoking.

I will let you know how it goes and promise pictures if I end up with a one-piece leathers. :) Wish me luck.
In accordance with TMW Regulations, you need to send the pics to the Moderator In Charge Of Pictures Of Hot Women In Motorcycle Gear for approval first before posting them on the forum. That's me, btw. And don't listen to whatever that other Mod named Buzz tells you, he's just the Moderator In Charge Of Munchies And Refreshments.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

HotMess
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: what!? A liter bike? nah..not yet.*grin*

#45 Unread post by HotMess »

Gummiente wrote:
HotMess wrote:... one piece leather riding suit! They do those for women, fills the demands list above and if fit - should look smoking.

In accordance with TMW Regulations, you need to send the pics to the Moderator In Charge Of Pictures Of Hot Women In Motorcycle Gear for approval first before posting them on the forum. That's me, btw. And don't listen to whatever that other Mod named Buzz tells you, he's just the Moderator In Charge Of Munchies And Refreshments.
:laughing:

Well, sorry to disappoint you. This time - no luck - meaning, no pictures. :oops: (yet :))

Ladies, here is my report from today:
I visited three dealerships today but they either didn't have my size or had my size but I didn't like the quality or fit. I tried Alpinestars, Dainese, Rev'it! and Ducati one-piece suits. None of them were in my size :rant: but let me tell you - the quality of leathers, craftsmanship and protection are amazing. I am happy that they had bigger sizes so I could at least try them on. I guess that women my size figured out the benefits of the one-piece way before me and just bought all my size out, lol! But even in bigger size it looked good. I hopped on the bike at the dealership to check how those suits feel in the riding position. All I can say is WOW. Nothing slides forward, nothing pulls back, enough room between legs (when you sit on the bike) that doesn't pull your inseam up - just perfect. I decided to "sleep on it" before I commit to order my size (it's a lot of cash) but I am seriously considering to buy a Dainese one-piece suit actually one size bigger. Yes, it will not give you that "body glove" look but I put it today over my regular skinny jeans and t-shirt and I could easily fit a light sweater underneath as well. It has a liner inside and it was hot enough. But when I took the liner off, I could feel air goes through perforated leather panels. So, weather wise this suit should work all season long. Another pro for bigger size is that I can put it on over my work clothes and there will be no hustle with changing clothes when I come to work. I don't however need nice clothes for work so for the girls who needs corporate look, this suit won't work with work clothes underneath. Also, I think this suit looks ridiculous on the cruisers/choppers/HD types of bikes. It looks in place only for sport bike riders.
Well, that's about it. I will think about it but I am really itching to spend some cash, lol. The leather is like butter. Well, may be next pay check. :kicking:
My way or nothing at all.