LADIES - Women's Pants?

Kaige
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

LADIES - Women's Pants?

#1 Unread post by Kaige »

I bought a pair of ballstics to ride with, but they're a little tight and I don't like wearing them because they feel like they hinder my ability to move. When I get off the bike I feel like I'm walking around with snow pants on, with the swish-swish sound they make.

Does anyone have a favorite pair of pants that they wear? I was tempted to buy Draggin Jeans but was told they don't hold up. I just want something that looks decent on me, that I can be comfortable in. I know myself and if I'm uncomfortable and self conscious all at the same time, I won't want to wear the pants...and the smarter logical self says "You better wear those fricken pants Lady."

I'm looking for a compromise between wanting to be comfortable and wanting to keep the flesh on my bones.

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#2 Unread post by Loonette »

This is one of the toughest areas for me. I've tried the Draggin' Jeans, and I feel that they are at least safer than regular jeans. However, when I bought mine, they only sold men's cut, so in order to fit over my thighs and arse, they are gapingly huge in the waste and look totally ridiculous. Way too long as well. Then I purchased the Phoenix Pants by Joe Rocket. These are okay, but there is so much padding in the crotch and hip area... well, what can I say - they look awful, and I know that shouldn't be an issue, but it is for me. Also, when I tighten them in the waist so that they'll stay put, it makes it uncomfortable to bend at all.

Now I just wear jeans. It's the only area that I compromise safety for fashion. I figure if I lose my legs, I can at least hop up on a trike for thrills. If and when you do find those magical pants, let me know - I'll gladly check 'em out.

Incidentally, Draggin' Jeans supposedly has "lady" sizes now, but when I checked the website, they list the sizing with waist/inseam measurements. To me, this would indicate a men's cut with smaller waist measurements or something. I'm not convinced. But I haven't actually tried them out. I might, if they would guarantee a full refund if the fit is no good. I should call and ask.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Kaige
Veteran
Veteran

#3 Unread post by Kaige »

I wish I could sew. Cool lady rider apparel that looks good and is safe is a highly untapped market. We just want something that doesn't make us look like we're wearing MC Hammer pants and will protect us from looking like we got shoved through a cheese grater if we fall off. Is that so much to ask? :frusty:

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#4 Unread post by sapaul »

Hi Ladies a similar question came up on the newbies site, If I may offer some advice. If you were to throw yourself on the ground, think what bits would hit first, usually knees, ankles and hips on the lower half. This is what you have to protect. Try looking at some of the MX gear like knee protectors that you can wear under normal jeans. They normally go on with elastic and velcro and are easily removed. Check some of the extreme guys that you see wearing a thin little "no fear" shirts. But underneath they have lots of plastic bits covering knee, elbows, chests and so on. Maybe this could work for you, that bit of plastic or rubber could mean the difference between a bruise or a break.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

Loonette
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#5 Unread post by Loonette »

I have thought of investing in the Bohn armor that goes under your own clothes for those same reasons. No roadrash protection, but like you said, might be able to save a knee cap or two.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#6 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I was on the Draggin Jeans website a couple of weeks ago....because I, too, have not been able to find pants that fit....and it said that Draggin Jeans will also custom cut pants for a little bit more money.
Now if I could just fid the bike shop in Clearbrook that sells them. I rode through there one day and couldn't find the shop.

DustyJacket

#7 Unread post by DustyJacket »

My wife wears MeshTex pant by FirstGear
Bikers Against Child Abuse - Kansas City Chapter
www.bacainternational.org

Bill and Pete do the Dragon's Tail at Deal's Gap:
www.dustyjacket.com/dragon/index.html

Ladymx

#8 Unread post by Ladymx »

Carharts are better then normal jeans, but they dont have any additional padded spots, that bike made jeans do, but they have held up with the wind for the last two years on the bike. They are also a bit cheaper.
A good set of leathers is something to get use to for sure, but if you wear wicking clothes under, the leathers move more freely.

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#9 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I was at the bike shop today looking at clothing. Jacket after jacket after jacket didn't fit. Pants after pants after pants didn't fit.
Finally the sales person asked if I knew what my European size was. ??? I have no idea.
She brought me a BMW jacket and pants to try on.
#%*@%#$@ They fit.
They were also wa-a-a-a-a-y-y-y-y-y- out of my price range.
The pants were almost $1,000.00 and the jacket was $1,300.00. When you add the tax to that it would cost over $2,500.00.

So, I must keep looking.

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#10 Unread post by Veda »

Bumping up this topic to see if anyone has any new opinions about women's pants? I think I want a pair of overpants that I could throw on over my workpants. The selection of women's pants at the local stores is very limited, so I'm looking for suggestions.