jake318
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2010/Roehr/1250SC

BEST MOTORCYCLE FOR LADIES IMHO

#1 Unread post by jake318 »

Hello all , I am new but have been riding for roughly 30 years have a stable of 12 motorcycles of ALL types and have owned just about anything you can think of . I am also a widower whos wife liked to ride her own bike.
Something we both definitely agreed on so both got the best experience of motorcycling .

ANYHOW...... THE best motorcycle she ever had by far was a ...... RIDLEY AUTO GLIDE.....She could shift but really liked that she could jump on and off the bike with ease like a scooter but it rode like the Harley Soft tail it was based on (same chassis) but had lower seat height, light weight and a pair of soft/hard bags for groceries ect. GUYS/HUSBANDS.... THE ENGINE IS A KOHLER COMMAND V-TWIN CH740 . ...EXACT SAME PARTS AS ON YOUR RIDING MOWER . Simplest engine ever created, you can buy high performance aftermarkey parts CHEAPER THAN OEM ( good prices compared to any harley or Japanese brand) and a BACK YARD MECHANIC CAN FIX WITH EASE . EXAMPLE: to take engine out, install a STROKER crank (for more displacement up to 925 roughly) and re install engine takes about 1.5 hours (instructional video on you tube ) and its not a hard job???
I installed stroker crank in her ridley for long haul touring rides . Still smooth engine being 90 degree v TWIN instead of 45 DEGREE V-TWIN like Harley((AND I HAVE NO ILL WILL WITH HARLEYS . STILL THINK THEY MAKE BEST TOURING BIKE ON THE MARKET. PRICES OF RIDLEYS USED TO BE RIDICULOUS. I BOUGHT MINE A FEW YEARS BACK FOR 6000$ fIT AND FINISH IS SUPERB .....DOWNSIDE.... EPA/TREE HUGGERS RIDLEYS ELECTRONIC INGITION IS CHINESE. If it gives you a problem, take Chinese out replace with old fashion points rotors. You can buy at local mower shop

Look on Craigslist, have your wife test ride one . She will love it . and remember its a KOHLER ENGINE IN A HARLEY SOFT TAIL CHASSIS . pARTS ARE AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE.

PS..... THEN SHE IS HAPPY AND YOU CAN BUY THE NEW BIKE ....YOU ...HAVE WANTED BUT WAS AFRAID TO ASK FOR LOLLOL TAKE CARE

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Re: BEST MOTORCYCLE FOR LADIES IMHO

#2 Unread post by NorthernPete »

What a strange post. Lol
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#3 Unread post by Gummiente »

NorthernPete wrote:What a strange post. Lol
I'm not sure, but I think he's a big fan of Ridley motorcycles. :dontgetit:
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

GS_in_CO
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: 1988 BMW R100GS

#4 Unread post by GS_in_CO »

Looks awfully much like spam to me.
Ron

Current: 1988 BMW R100GS (the 'numberplate' model)

Past: 1987 Yamaha XT350
1983 Honda CB900F
1980 Honda XL185S
1979 Suzuki GS425E

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#5 Unread post by jstark47 »

Very strange, considering Ridley went out of business as a new motorcycle manufacturer in 2009. There's still a website out there advertising genuine Ridley replacement parts, but it looks like it hasn't been maintained in a long time.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#6 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Time traveling spammer?
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#7 Unread post by Gummiente »

Boys, there's no links to spam sites or or any website addresses in his post, I think he's just genuinely a fan of the marque.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#8 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Love how a guy is trying to button all lady riders in to a single option. Wow. Just, Wow.

But its his only post. Looks like he's just spreading his word to the interweb...
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

Lion_Lady
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#9 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

jake318 wrote:. . . ANYHOW...... THE best motorcycle she ever had by far was a ...... RIDLEY AUTO GLIDE.....She could shift but really liked that she could jump on and off the bike with ease like a scooter but it rode like the Harley Soft tail it was based on (same chassis) but had lower seat height, light weight and a pair of soft/hard bags for groceries ect. GUYS/HUSBANDS.... THE ENGINE IS A KOHLER COMMAND V-TWIN CH740 . ...EXACT SAME PARTS AS ON YOUR RIDING MOWER . Simplest engine ever created, you can buy high performance aftermarkey parts CHEAPER THAN OEM ( good prices compared to any harley or Japanese brand) and a BACK YARD MECHANIC CAN FIX WITH EASE . EXAMPLE: to take engine out, install a STROKER crank (for more displacement up to 925 roughly) and re install engine takes about 1.5 hours (instructional video on you tube ) and its not a hard job??? . . .

PS..... THEN SHE IS HAPPY AND YOU CAN BUY THE NEW BIKE ....YOU ...HAVE WANTED BUT WAS AFRAID TO ASK FOR LOLLOL TAKE CARE
Wait. He's not only lumping all female riders into a single category, he's lumping all males as well. The ladies don't want to shift, and the guys want to buy a new ride, but are afraid to "ask."
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

firecrackerktm
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 2006 CBR600F4i

#10 Unread post by firecrackerktm »

Lion_Lady wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:14 pm
jake318 wrote:. . . ANYHOW...... THE best motorcycle she ever had by far was a ...... RIDLEY AUTO GLIDE.....She could shift but really liked that she could jump on and off the bike with ease like a scooter but it rode like the Harley Soft tail it was based on (same chassis) but had lower seat height, light weight and a pair of soft/hard bags for groceries ect. GUYS/HUSBANDS.... THE ENGINE IS A KOHLER COMMAND V-TWIN CH740 . ...EXACT SAME PARTS AS ON YOUR RIDING MOWER . Simplest engine ever created, you can buy high performance aftermarkey parts CHEAPER THAN OEM ( good prices compared to any harley or Japanese brand) and a BACK YARD MECHANIC CAN FIX WITH EASE . EXAMPLE: to take engine out, install a STROKER crank (for more displacement up to 925 roughly) and re install engine takes about 1.5 hours (instructional video on you tube ) and its not a hard job??? . . .

Wait. He's not only lumping all female riders into a single category, he's lumping all males as well. The ladies don't want to shift, and the guys want to buy a new ride, but are afraid to "ask."
no kidding ...

There is nothing about that bike that has any interest for me. Not one thing.
I know how to shift.
I don't want a lawnmower engine.
I'm kinda over cruisers in general.
I'm not petite so I don't need a low bike.
If I had a dude around the house, and he wanted a new bike and could afford it, he wouldn't need permission from me to buy one.

Definitely a weird post ...