Ladies - Mama Riders

SheRidesABeemer
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by SheRidesABeemer »

jmillheiser wrote:Where did you find full leathers in a kid size?

Im guessing your daughter wants a Beemer of her own when shes old enough :wink:
She's wearing a leather jacket and chaps, with "work boots', and women's small size gloves. The leather jacket was easy enough to find, the chaps were a real score. Found them online, then I visited one of their stores. The sizing is unreliable, you need to know the measurements you need, and call to find out what size meets those needs. The price is right for the quality, it's nice heavy stuff.

As for the Beemer, I just hope she grows tall like me so she can handle one!
Don’t put the bike away, [url=http://www.yearroundriders.com/]ride year round![/url]
BMW '03 K1200GT
BMW '87 K75

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#22 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Check out:

http://www.familymotorcycling.com I just found the site.

They've got kids sizes, AND they offer a 30% credit on outgrown stuff when you buy the next size!!

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#23 Unread post by jmillheiser »

I can attest to that grinning ear to ear from being a pillion as a kid. Only rode pillion once when I was a kid, was on an old CB500T that had one of those huge sissy bars (comfy for the passenger). Was only a trip around the block but I was still grinning ear to ear afterwards.

My next pillion ride was this year on the back of a harley (im 26 now), its part of what made me want to start riding. Wont have to deal with the Wife wanting rides on the back, she wants her own bike already (she plans on doing MSF in the spring).

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#24 Unread post by Loonette »

Lion_Lady wrote:Check out:

http://www.familymotorcycling.com I just found the site.

They've got kids sizes, AND they offer a 30% credit on outgrown stuff when you buy the next size!!

P
Awesome website for kids' street gear. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Just what I've been looking for to get my two outfitted next year. Yay!

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

april
Rookie
Rookie

#25 Unread post by april »

I'm a mother and a Grandmother and a GGrandmother and a wife.Image

Ladymx

#26 Unread post by Ladymx »

Well I am not a mother yet, and its not looking like I will be one any time soon so I'd say I started riding well before Motherhood.

cbm
Veteran
Veteran

#27 Unread post by cbm »

I'm a mother of two (a two and a half year old and a two month old!) and am a new rider. After years of dreaming of getting onto two wheels, I bought a bike last February...and within two weeks discovered I was pregnant!! I took the MSF course as soon as the snow melted and I'm pretty sure I was the only one out there worrying about morning sickness!! I rode fairly regularly until I was about five months along, and then got some friends to put a few more miles on the bike to get it to its first major service point. When I was seven months pregnant I took a very cautious trip across town on the bike to take it for service with my husband and son driving behind me. (My husband does not have a bike license...he is a 'Vette man...) Anyway, my "condition" turned a few heads when I dropped off the bike!!!

I am looking forward to getting the bike out of storage and getting back in the saddle during my breaks from breastfeeding! Hopefully I'll meet a few other Moms out there!
2004 Bonneville T100

Loonette
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#28 Unread post by Loonette »

Good for you, cbm! You definitely seem determined to ride. Welcome to the website - make sure to introduce youself in the "Start Your Engines" section. Enjoy the forums.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#29 Unread post by High_Side »

cbm wrote:I am looking forward to getting the bike out of storage and getting back in the saddle during my breaks from breastfeeding! Hopefully I'll meet a few other Moms out there!
This sounds very familiar. Shortly after our first son was born my wife, 2-brothers-in-law and myself went on 2000km bike trip. There was 3 bikes and one truck following behind with one of her brothers driving it, and our new son riding shotgun. Every 3 hours we would have to make a pit stop so she could breastfeed the baby. You never see these stories on any "Bikers-Lifestyle" shows :laughing:

Rainbow Wahine
Rookie
Rookie

#30 Unread post by Rainbow Wahine »

I've been riding since I was sixteen. I'm 40. I have a three year old son. He's afraid of the noise, so no he doesn't get on...yet..

He'll be there soon enough!!
Christine

I only live for today but I'm one day behind

http://rainbowwahine.blogspot.com