Ladies - Mama Riders

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#61 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Sweet Tooth wrote:
Loonette wrote: This gal whom I know started talking about motorcycles - how every time she passes the Harley dealership in our area, she dreams away of her and her husband taking rides and such. But then, here it comes... she says, but my kids are too young to be motherless.
Yes, maybe they expect us to live like the boy in the bubble. I had a lady that I work with tell me more or less the same thing.... Then she told me "Pretty soon you'll also be getting tatoo's" I lowered the back of my waist line and showed her "LIKE THIS?" She just about choked on her cafe latte. I'm such a lady sometimes... :laughing:
That is so-o-o--o funny. :laughing:

RNrider
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

#62 Unread post by RNrider »

Henriettaah wrote:Loonette;

Did you have any initial qualms about getting astride and out on the road? i.e fears about the effect any accidents etc might have on your children.

I have two kids, 4 and 7, people are critical of my husband and I, saying that our kids are so young. Are they too young to see that Mom and Dad do something they enjoy together and doing it with full safety gear. If anything, what they are seeing is a posative past timet hat keeps Mom and Dad sane, and cool!!

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#63 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

"sane and cool" are the operative words :wacko: ...! In the begining I liked to ride, now I NEED to ride, it helps me clear my head.
2006 VTX 1300 R

Life looks alot better through a set of handlebars!!

RNrider
Regular
Regular

hey sweet tooth

#64 Unread post by RNrider »

my husband just bought a vulcan 900, brand new. WE LOVE IT. have yu had a chance to compare yours much with the newer 900s, cause I jsut luv your bike -RN

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

Re: hey sweet tooth

#65 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

RNrider wrote:my husband just bought a vulcan 900, brand new. WE LOVE IT. have yu had a chance to compare yours much with the newer 900s, cause I jsut luv your bike -RN
Yes I have, if we haden't just bought my husband a brand new bike I probably would have gotten it.! I saw it in the showroom and thought it was the Vulcan 2000, it's a pretty large size. I know a couple of people that have it and love it as well. Vulcans in general are really good bikes and easy to maintain. Tell your husband that there is a great forum for Vulcan Owners, it's called VROC.org, I was sent there by ZooTech and it has alot of great info both technical and just bike related info.

edited: I just realized who your husband is...I just saw your introduction post... im sure Zoo's told him about vroc :)
2006 VTX 1300 R

RNrider
Regular
Regular

#66 Unread post by RNrider »

We know about that site (atleast I think my husband does). We rode and hung out with zootech last weekend, we have a small group that have been meeting in the middle and getting together and riding. Where are you located??

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#67 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

I'm all the way in Miami, Florida. We also have a small group that we go riding with around here, but alot of the time it can be me by myself because my husband and I will take turns staying with the kids if there isn't a baby sitter avail.
2006 VTX 1300 R

RNrider
Regular
Regular

#68 Unread post by RNrider »

Sweet Tooth wrote:I'm all the way in Miami, Florida. We also have a small group that we go riding with around here, but alot of the time it can be me by myself because my husband and I will take turns staying with the kids if there isn't a baby sitter avail.

I think it will be a mixed blessing for my husband becuase there will be more competition for road time. Before I would just ride in the back on some of the rides, but the long rides were usually his. NOT ANY MORE!! he he

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#69 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I count my blessings that I no longer have to consider anyone else but me.
No kids to worry about anymore and no babysitter woes.

It's great when they are adults and living independently.

RNrider
Regular
Regular

#70 Unread post by RNrider »

blues2cruise wrote:I count my blessings that I no longer have to consider anyone else but me.
No kids to worry about anymore and no babysitter woes.

It's great when they are adults and living independently.
I can only dream to be so lucky, untill then I will just enjoy watching them grow. :biker: