LADIES - Do Women...

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Sevulturus wrote:Not to butt my male opinion in where it isn't wanted, but it seems that men are more willing to, LoL, "manhandle" the bike. We will force the bike to do what we want, pushing it a lot harder, and forcing it through turns.

Watching the ladies from my Aunt's and Uncle's club they are more likely to let the bike do it's thing. It isn't a more relaxed attitude, it's more of a willingness to work WITH the bike, instead of forcing the bike to conform to the riders wishes.

I know I've always manhandlesed mine...
I'd have to agree, just by watching the group that I ride with. I have a laid back attitude, im relaxed and chilling...and the guys are more about pushing the bikes to the max.

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#22 Unread post by CNF2002 »

I dont push my bike to the max and I'm a pretty laid back rider. Guess I don't fit the stereotype!
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#23 Unread post by Sev »

Sweet Tooth wrote:
Sevulturus wrote:Not to butt my male opinion in where it isn't wanted, but it seems that men are more willing to, LoL, "manhandle" the bike. We will force the bike to do what we want, pushing it a lot harder, and forcing it through turns.

Watching the ladies from my Aunt's and Uncle's club they are more likely to let the bike do it's thing. It isn't a more relaxed attitude, it's more of a willingness to work WITH the bike, instead of forcing the bike to conform to the riders wishes.

I'd have to agree, just by watching the group that I ride with. I have a laid back attitude, im relaxed and chilling...and the guys are more about pushing the bikes to the max.
I didn't even really mean that. What I mean is that a guy and a girl taking the same turn at the same speed on the same bike. The guy is more likely to force the bike to do what he wants, while the woman is more likely to show the bike what she wants. It's kind of a weird explanation I know, but it seems to hold true.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#24 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Oh ok, I got what ya mean now...

mahgnillig
Rookie
Rookie

#25 Unread post by mahgnillig »

I'm a sucker for anything on two wheels... my other bikes are of the non-motorised variety: one road bike, one cross country mountain bike, one dirt jump/urban mountain bike, and a beater to get me to the gym. The motorcycle was just a natural extension of my two-wheeled obsession :)

Oh yeah, and the gas mileage doesn't hurt either... I ride my bike to work instead of driving my gas-guzzling Ford Explorer. 65mpg vs 15mpg... even on the hot days it's worth it :)

- Jen.

Candy750
Legendary
Legendary

#26 Unread post by Candy750 »

I agree with "the brotherhood" - when I think of getting the "wave" - THAT'S FOR ME! I don't even know them, but we have this shared love, commonality. They speak my language. When we meet at the gas pump, it's cool.

I have three major highpoints of my life - I hope to have more - but I CHERISH these :

I married for love.
I got my Master's Degree
I got my motorcycle license

I am starting to really love my bike - we had a rough start.

I doubt my hubby's friends would say anything like this!! Most of them want to "be seen".
Candy 750

NJ-Pinay
Veteran
Veteran

#27 Unread post by NJ-Pinay »

I will be HONEST in saying that I wanted to ride b/c I thought it would make me look hot. After taking the course, I totally changed my mind. I knew my initial reason was not the right reason AT ALL. It's the love of the feeling of freedom and control...and also a comrade with others who share the same feeling. Not to forget the intense practice to ride a motorcycle!!!!
Blue 05 GS500F - no mods yet!

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#28 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Ya know, that may be why dr_bar says I am a better rider than he is. Although he has been riding for over 30 years and I have been riding for only a year and a half....he says I out corner him.

Maybe it has to do with finesse instead of man handling.

cherokeepati
Elite
Elite

#29 Unread post by cherokeepati »

Kudos to you and your "spousette" Wizzard!
I think she and I would get along great! Personally I think that both the guys and gals can use finesse and/or strongarm when necessary. It just depends on the time and place. :thumbsup: Being independant by nature riding a motorcycle was something I always wanted to do. Having ridden horses most of my life it just felt like the natural thing to do.

biker_mit
Regular
Regular

#30 Unread post by biker_mit »

I am 27 and i ride to save on gas.Well it was initial reason to buy a small bike.Then i went to sturgis and few other places and decided to sell my gas-saver and buy me a vulcan 1600 :)
So it started as a calculated relationship that grew in to a passion 8)

Chicks on the bikes are hot! :twisted:
it's better break the ground and head in to the wind then break the wind and head in to the ground