How does riding make you feel?

honda599
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Why women ride

#21 Unread post by honda599 »

I was wandering through these forums and would like to pass on a comment from a male's perspective. I have been riding off and on since 1975 and have seen the tremendous growth in female riders over the years. Many females have partners that also ride and would like to share the same freedom for themselves. I personally think a female rider is hot. We all have to worry about our safety and think about it each and every time we ride....but the feeling of an open road and twisty turn drives both male and female to share a passion for this great sport. To all those females riders out there....ride safety and keep the rubber side down.....be cool....because you are.

Randy

Hope you ladies did not mind that I posted here.

http://honda599.myphotoalbum.com

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#22 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

Chels another example. You say a cigarette is a gay person, a cigarette in Uk is a cigarette. What you call pantyhose, we call tights or stockings. You say jelly which is a type of jam, jelly here me a wobbly dessert that kids like. I'll try and think up some more later.

Honda I think bikes are in my blood. Although am only pillion Dave doesnt hold back when I'm on there, We love it when he opens her up :twisted: :P I have rode motorbikes but not on road in my very early teens, But cant afford to run 2 bikes in UK. It is so much more expensive here.
I'm not riding fast...........Just flying low!

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum

Re: Why women ride

#23 Unread post by Ladymx »

honda599 wrote:I was wandering through these forums and would like to pass on a comment from a male's perspective. I have been riding off and on since 1975 and have seen the tremendous growth in female riders over the years. Many females have partners that also ride and would like to share the same freedom for themselves. I personally think a female rider is hot. We all have to worry about our safety and think about it each and every time we ride....but the feeling of an open road and twisty turn drives both male and female to share a passion for this great sport. To all those females riders out there....ride safety and keep the rubber side down.....be cool....because you are.

Randy

Hope you ladies did not mind that I posted here.

http://honda599.myphotoalbum.com
Randy feel free to respond in the Ladies forum. Mens opinions are welcome, especially when they are positive ones.

Ladymx

#24 Unread post by Ladymx »

barmy_carmy wrote:Chels another example. You say a cigarette is a gay person, a cigarette in Uk is a cigarette. What you call pantyhose, we call tights or stockings. You say jelly which is a type of jam, jelly here me a wobbly dessert that kids like. I'll try and think up some more later..
Thanks, Keep them coming.

Sarek
Regular
Regular

#25 Unread post by Sarek »

I hadn't heard of waffle but I know bum can mean unemployed person or a persons butt. And what do you call flashlights? Is it a torch?

chickenhawk
Veteran
Veteran

Randy posting with the girls

#26 Unread post by chickenhawk »

I made my husband decide between taking his jetski alone while I took my bike out, or learning to ride. We ended up married- he sold the jetski lol!

Ladymx

Re: Randy posting with the girls

#27 Unread post by Ladymx »

chickenhawk wrote:I made my husband decide between taking his jetski alone while I took my bike out, or learning to ride. We ended up married- he sold the jetski lol!
Thats the way to do it. Now if I could only find a guy like that.

bngarza
Rookie
Rookie

#28 Unread post by bngarza »

:mrgreen: I feel great when on my bike. My bike won't turn any heads but I sure do. Not because i'm good looking or pretty but cuz i'm a women. I feel like queen of the world. Its nice just to get away and think. Its peaceful going down a country road with only your thoughts and dreams in your head as the breeze passes over your face.
I've had many comments about riding but the most insulting
was this saturday. I went into a shop to look for a new bike with my husband (a non rider). The salesman went straight to my husband and asked what HE wanted to look at. He said you'll have to ask my wife. Well he took me to a 250cc model and told me it was the WOMENS model!!! It just so happens that someone I took my MFS class with was also a salesman. He asked what I wanted to see and I told him and he took me over to that bike. The other salesman said " she won't be able to hold it up!!" Not only did I hold it up, my son (age 5) climbed on!!! The a**hole salesman askes if he would be a passenger....why yes, he rides with me often!!!
It's GREAT to be a women!!
Lady Riders ROCK!!
Picture of my tank.

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#29 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

Yeah Sarek, Flashlight is a torch in UK. and its the same here Bum can mean a scrounger or it could mean Arse or Butt. Do you call trousers, slacks? Now this is a personal saying of mine when I cant think of a persons name....ickybimble :laughing:

Peaches I agree about the saleman being a right A***hole, we are in the 21st Century, should have said what planet did he come from? :laughing:
I'm not riding fast...........Just flying low!

Sarek
Regular
Regular

#30 Unread post by Sarek »

We never actually use the word trousers. We most often say pants but mens dress pants are slacks. We have shorts too.
All I ever wear are scrubs or jeans, so I'll refer to my jeans as often as my pants. Not that I sit around talking about laundry that much.

Say, I have a question on another subject. I want to post about arthritis and riding. Which forum do you think I should put it in?