Travel companions to Banff

Sherry UltraGirl
Rookie
Rookie

Travel companions to Banff

#1 Unread post by Sherry UltraGirl »

Would like to start conversations with other ladies interested in seeing the world on motorcycle, and are gutzy enough to do it!! My husband loves riding but isn't as motivated as me.

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#2 Unread post by Loonette »

Well, I had to look up "Banff" to even figure out what it is. Anyway, I'm up for a road trip this summer, but that's a bit far for me (time-wise). I'm in Ohio, and with two kids to raise, my ride time usually consists of long weekends. For my 40th birthday though, I'd like to do a two-week ride somewhere by myself or with the company of gals only. That will be in the summer of '08.

Hope you find some riding partners!

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

flynrider
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '93 Honda Nighthawk 750

#3 Unread post by flynrider »

I'm not a "lady", but I applaud your sense of adventure, Sherry! The best ride I ever made was Phoenix to Banff/Jasper to Vancouver and down the coast to LA, then home. It was a wandering tour of some of the best bike roads in the world. Don't give up the dream!!
Bikin' John
'93 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

Lion_Lady
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#4 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Banff is definitely on my list of places to visit before I die. My husband spend a couple summers not far from there when he worked for the Army.

Unfortunately, this summer is OUT... Gonna ride down to the AMA Women and Motorcycling Conference, in Athens, GA. Only so many vacation days to go around.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

cbm
Veteran
Veteran

#5 Unread post by cbm »

Beautiful Banff...I would love to do a big ride through the Rockies someday...but with two small kids at home, and the reality that I live 2000 miles to the east of Alberta, it'll be a long time before it happens!! Might have to trade my GS for a Ural in order to make it happen!

Good luck with finding some company to ride with, and have a great summer on the road!

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Sev »

Not a lady, but I'm hoping to swing through there at least once this year, and I wouldn't mind meeting up with or going with someone along the way.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#7 Unread post by High_Side »

Banff? Thats only 1.5 hours up the road :laughing: It is beautiful there and I would recommend it to anyone. Here is a pic of the VTR half way there in Kananaskis. Very similair scenery to what you would see in town:

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Re: Travel companions to Banff

#8 Unread post by dr_bar »

Sherry UltraGirl wrote:Would like to start conversations with other ladies interested in seeing the world on motorcycle, and are gutzy enough to do it!! My husband loves riding but isn't as motivated as me.
I don't know where you're coming from, but that is one of the most beautiful areas to visit. I hope you find a companion to join you in your travels...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: Travel companions to Banff

#9 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Sherry UltraGirl wrote:Would like to start conversations with other ladies interested in seeing the world on motorcycle, and are gutzy enough to do it!! My husband loves riding but isn't as motivated as me.
Where are you located? That may help to find some folks who could join up.

Loonette
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#10 Unread post by Loonette »

Lion_Lady wrote:Banff is definitely on my list of places to visit before I die. My husband spend a couple summers not far from there when he worked for the Army.

Unfortunately, this summer is OUT... Gonna ride down to the AMA Women and Motorcycling Conference, in Athens, GA. Only so many vacation days to go around.

P
For a minute I thought maybe I could meet up with you in Athens, but the conference happens to be on the same weekend that some friends of ours have their annual 4th of July party. Hmmm, maybe I'll go next year though.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600