Malaysian Moto GP at Sepang

credge
Rookie
Rookie

Malaysian Moto GP at Sepang

#1 Unread post by credge »

Just got back from the Malaysian Moto GP, first time to Sepang and very impressed with the circuit.

One point to note, they don't allow video recorders or food and drink from outside to be brought into the circuit, guess that keeps there vendors happy but not good for race fans on a budget with a packed lunch or a crate of ale under their arm, to be fair they didn't confiscate my sandwiches but just thought it strange, a beer is hard to locate as well and be prepared to pay premium prices if you do find one.

I've not been to a GP since Donnigton in the 80s and the sound of those four strokes is just amazing, those Ducati's coming down the home straight at Sepang into the first corner has to be heard to be believed.

It got an old timer like me thinking, back in the 70s when MV Agusta quit racing I seem to recall one of the reasons given was the governing body of the time had some noise regulations that MV could not work within and remain competitive with the two strokes of the day, any other old timers from the 70s remember this and can confirm?

MV would have no such problems listening to today's 4 strokes.

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by Mintbread »

I doubt more volume would make them sound any better. A mate of mine has an MV Augusta and after riding behind it for a while I came to the conclusion that it has a rather annoying sound.

And regarding the Malaysian MotoGP, go Rossi!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/header.gif[/img]

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#3 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Mintbread wrote:I doubt more volume would make them sound any better. A mate of mine has an MV Augusta and after riding behind it for a while I came to the conclusion that it has a rather annoying sound.

And regarding the Malaysian MotoGP, go Rossi!
Go pedrosa! taking 3rd with a hole in his knee. That last big battle between rossi and capirossi was amazingly fun to watch.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#4 Unread post by Mintbread »

It was indeed. Capirossi put everything into that last corner.

Did you see the 125's? Ouch!

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#5 Unread post by High_Side »

Capirossi seems to be the only other rider out there who is NOT intimidated by Rossi. Didn't seem to work out for him yesterday. Lucky you, I'd love to have been there. The 4 strokes sound incredible in my opinion.

XJRJohn
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by XJRJohn »

fantastic race.going to be a brilliant finish to the season.did anybody see the wsb races on the same day?more fantastic racing.was a good day for race fans.xjrjohn
biking isnt a matter of life or death,its far more important(bill shankley,well almost)

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: imaginary motorcycle...

#7 Unread post by kabob983 »

I think little Pedro was the most gutsy rider out there. If I had a "tablespoon size cup of flesh" missing from my right knee (he had to dread dragging his knee) I don't think I'd be concentrating too terribly hard on riding. And he still came out on the podium!

Great battle between Capi-Rossi too. On the last lap I was sure it was going to be another W for Ducati, but yet again Rossi proved me wrong (DOH!).

As for being intimidated by Rossi, I'd say most riders are, but honestly I think that Pedrosa isn't. For a rookie he rides like he means business. Honestly (and it pains me to think so) I don't think Hayden is going to come away with the #1 plate this season. And I think that Honda is going to give him the boot at the end of the season. Hopefully he'll get picked up by a decent team and will have another shot next year (although I'm going to go ahead and say look out for Pedrosa next year!
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R (Sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (Stolen 4/08, recovered 12/08, sold 3/09)
2004 Suzuki SV650S (Sold)

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#8 Unread post by High_Side »

They won't boot Nicky at the end of the season. Bank on it.

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#9 Unread post by Mintbread »

Honda needs Nicky more than Nicky needs Honda, cause there aint nobody else.

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: imaginary motorcycle...

#10 Unread post by kabob983 »

There isn't anyone else but Nicky? How about his rookie teammate who is currently 3rd in the points standing? With a fresh star like Pedrosa, why does Honda have to fully rely on Nicky?

I'd love to see Hayden stick with Repsol Honda but (from the rumors I've heard) things are not going well. I've heard that Honda plans on giving him the axe in favor of a young fresh Pedro...

Hopefully I'm incorrect.
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R (Sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (Stolen 4/08, recovered 12/08, sold 3/09)
2004 Suzuki SV650S (Sold)

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!