Legendary 750
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: imaginary motorcycle...

#13 Unread post by kabob983 »

Aah, nvm. Picture different.

Uhh...not sure who the cursed was...
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R (Sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (Stolen 4/08, recovered 12/08, sold 3/09)
2004 Suzuki SV650S (Sold)

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#14 Unread post by Mintbread »

Valentino supposedly cursed Sete Gibernau after the Qatar race in 2004 and told him he will never win another MotoGP race.

And he hasn't...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/header.gif[/img]

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#15 Unread post by VermilionX »

Mintbread wrote:Valentino supposedly cursed Sete Gibernau after the Qatar race in 2004 and told him he will never win another MotoGP race.

And he hasn't...

very interesting. thanks.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

Mr. Shupe
Rookie
Rookie

#16 Unread post by Mr. Shupe »

I remember, last year, Sete laying on the ground, absolutely beside himself both in Motegi and Valencia. His bike broke and he just couldn't believe his luck. Who knows, maybe he'd be battling for a championship had Rossi not dive-bombed him at Jerez a year ago.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#17 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

I didn't read much of this post... but any guy in Moto-GP is basically a stellar and determined rider and most of what people see on TV (i.e. a race) tells very little of the overall story of any of these guys, any of which could have wicked bio's written on themselves.

Nicky's racing history is very well known for those who kept up with AMA Superbike even with a vague interest, and in keeping with how determined Hayden (and many others are) a little anecdotal discovery during surgery pre-2007 season revelead his shoulder was more gibbled than was known, typical character/bravado of many world-class athletes:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Dec/061201-69.htm
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

Rydr
Elite
Elite

Thing about Nicky

#18 Unread post by Rydr »

Kudos for Nickys' Moto GP championship win this year. He was consistently in the top 10 and got 2 wins. A big part of Nickys' win was Honda and their dependability. It was a team effort as is it is for all the racers at that level.

I'm a Rossi fan and here is a little of his history. Valentino Rossi started his racing career, as a child racing go-carts. He had several wins and then moved over to motorcycles. At fifteen he started racing on the world Moto GP circuit in the 125 class and did very well the next year taking the 125 Moto GP championship. The next year moved to the 250 class and won some races. The following year at 18 he won the 250 Moto GP championship. The following year he moved to the premiere class 500 Moto GP two stroke bikes and did very well. The following year at twenty years old he won the Moto GP 500 championship. The following year the premiere class changed to 990cc four strokes and Rossi won it as he has ever year since up until this year.

Next year with the class changing to 800cc race bikes it should be interesting. With so many good riders vying for the podium the action should be intense. I think Nicky will have his hands full trying to hold onto the championship. Good luck to them all.