Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Spoiler-GP

#1 Unread post by High_Side »

Unfrickin'believable.
45 seconds prior to the crash I commented to Mrs High_Side that Pedrosa should figure out who is cutting the cheques, maybe even watch Edwards, who had a clear understanding. It was one of the all time biggest bone-headed moves in GP, almost Aaron Yates-ish in it's execution. But THATS racing.....

Other great moments in racing:
*Rossi couldn't actually believe it when Elias got by him.
*Elias beating the doctor to the line by 0.002. Even he couldn't believe it.
*Roberts showing that he had what it takes on the KR
*The Ilmor finishing in the points. Hey, if enough DNFs happen you never know....
*McCoy still looks to have what it takes. See you next year when everyone is on 800ccs

I hope that Haydens bike was actually unrideable and he didn't leave those few crucial point lying in the kitty litter in Portugal while he was thinking of kicking Pedrosas a$$.....

isnowbrd
Legendary
Legendary

#2 Unread post by isnowbrd »

:rant: :censored: :banghead2:

STUPID PEDROSA!!!

I almost broke the remote for my tv throwing is across the room. What a worthless POS teamate! That arrogant, selfish, little bastrd!

:shooting: Pedrosa

You would think that he would at least run over and try to help Nicky pick up his bike. Or AT LEAST apologize. But no, that prick just walks away. (I think his bike was unridable. It had to be considering the crash. I'm amazed that Nicky was able to walk on that left leg)

Too bad Collin Edwards isn't Nicky's teamate.

(I wonder if Pedrosa tried that stupid pass simply because Nicky passed him on that same corner during the previous lap. What a moron, he should have never tried to pass his teamate who is fighting for the championship title. Actually he should have waved him past earlier too)
ZZR600
VTR250 - Nothing quite like your first love

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#3 Unread post by Mintbread »

Oh well, it just gives Hayden another excuse for losing the championship.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/header.gif[/img]

isnowbrd
Legendary
Legendary

#4 Unread post by isnowbrd »

Mintbread wrote:Oh well, it just gives Hayden another excuse for losing the championship.
While this is true, it seems that you are implying that he makes up excuses when he does badly. I find that Nicky tends to accept all the blame himself when he has poor results, unlike the majority of the other riders.

What other excuses does he have?
ZZR600

isnowbrd
Legendary
Legendary

#5 Unread post by isnowbrd »

“I wasn’t trying to overtake him," Pedrosa said. "I braked as normal and suddenly I could see I was approaching to him too fast."

What a :censored: LIAR! It's OBVIOUS that you were trying to pass him.

At least he did apologize to Nicky.

"...Hayden accepted the apology, but said he might not forgive him.

“I don’t know if I really forgave him, but I told him there is one way to make it up to me, and that is if we run one-two at Valencia, it’s still possible, and that’s what I told him when he left,” he said. “I mean that’s the one way he can make it up to me.”

But Hayden knows betting against Rossi at Valencia is a long shot.

“I mean, anything can happen in racing but we know Valentino,” he said. “Let’s be real; give him eight points with one race to go, the dude’s just got to follow me.”"

Here's the whole article --> http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=10056
ZZR600

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Re: Spoiler-GP

#6 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

High_Side wrote:Unfrickin'believable.
It was one of the all time biggest bone-headed moves in GP, almost Aaron Yates-ish in it's execution. ....
yep, that move was brutal... a real burn for Hayden...
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#7 Unread post by Mintbread »

isnowbrd wrote: What other excuses does he have?
There was his little hissy-fit after the Aus GP about Rossi passing another rider (not even Hayden!) under a yellow flag.

And to carry on like a 2yr old after he and Pedrosa crashed was totally unnecessary and very unprofessional. It is racing where things like that happen, but if you get to MotoGP level and still can't accept it with a modicum of maturity then you have real issues.

High_Side

#8 Unread post by High_Side »

Mintbread wrote:
isnowbrd wrote: What other excuses does he have?
There was his little hissy-fit after the Aus GP about Rossi passing another rider (not even Hayden!) under a yellow flag.

And to carry on like a 2yr old after he and Pedrosa crashed was totally unnecessary and very unprofessional. It is racing where things like that happen, but if you get to MotoGP level and still can't accept it with a modicum of maturity then you have real issues.
Bullsh!t. The majority of these guys are intense by nature and THATS what got them there. dodo happens in racing, they all have to accept it and figure their day for being the jackazz will come. But if you have what is most likely your best shot ever at winning the title and you get taken out by your own team-mate with no chance at the title I say you are allowed to lose your cool. If that had been me, Pedrosa would miss the next race due to dental appointments. Screw the aww shucks attitude that is expected by the P.C. fans. These guys aren't drones. Hayden might not be your favorite, but Pedrosa laid out the all-time moronic GP racing move and deserves to be recognized for it.

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#9 Unread post by Mintbread »

And Doohan didn't cop the same treatment from his old mate (and fellow Repsol Honda rider) Alex Criville at the Aus GP at Eastern Creek in the '90's?

Mick didn't scream and shout like a fool. He took it like a man, a professional and a champion. All things that Hayden will never be.
Sorry.

High_Side

#10 Unread post by High_Side »

Mintbread wrote:And Doohan didn't cop the same treatment from his old mate (and fellow Repsol Honda rider) Alex Criville at the Aus GP at Eastern Creek in the '90's?.
Ol Mick already had the championship in the bag at that point if I recall. That should help explain the different response.
Mintbread wrote: Mick didn't scream and shout like a fool. He took it like a man, a professional and a champion. All things that Hayden will never be.
Sorry.
Hayden is no Doohan with riding talent, no doubt. I would be saying the same thing about Edwards if he took out Rossi, Gibernau if he took out Capirex (if Capirex was leading the championship) or Hayden if he did the same thing to Pedrosa etc... He was screwed and the response was justified if not a little less than what Pedrosa deserved.