Spoiler-GP

isnowbrd
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by isnowbrd »

Mintbread wrote:He doesn't deserve the championship.

Simple.
:laughing:

Anyway, I think it's clear that you have a biased opinion. Which I think you are completely entitled to have, and may be entirely correct.

...though I disagree :wink:
ZZR600
VTR250 - Nothing quite like your first love

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#22 Unread post by Mintbread »

He is American and so are you. Who has the bias?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/header.gif[/img]

isnowbrd
Legendary
Legendary

#23 Unread post by isnowbrd »

Actually I pride myself in not allowing nationality to decide which riders I like. Here is a list of my 12 favorite active riders (off the top of my head):

Alex Barros - Brazil
Colin Edwards - USA
Tony Elias - Spain
Noriyuki Haga - Japan
Robin Harmes - Denmark
Nicky Hayden - USA
Shinya Nakano - Japan
Valentino Rossi - Italy
Kenan Sofuoglu - Turkey
Casey Stoner - Australia
Chris Vermeulen - Australia
Chris Walker - UK

So, it appears that I'm only 1/6th biased. :)
ZZR600
VTR250 - Nothing quite like your first love

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#24 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

here's what Kenny Roberts Sr. has to say:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Oct/061020-kr.htm

and despite his philosophical attitude towards the 1983 Kenny/Spenser incident he mentions, it was more than 20 years ago, and I've read about the incident a number of times in those 20 years, as recently as an article Kenny himself penned for Sport Rider (or Motorcyclist) magazine last year. So 20 years brings a much more reserved opinion than Kenny has ever expressed in the past.

//monkey
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

Benchdawg!
Rookie
Rookie

#25 Unread post by Benchdawg! »

I think what Kenny says is good food for thought for Hayden. It will be interesting to see how mentally tough Nicky is and how he responds at Valencia.

FYI - Here is another SOUP article regarding Dani's manager and from what I have heard the Spanish newspapers are reporting.

I used to repect Pedrosa - But I'm starting to find that more difficult with comments like these coming out of his camp.

I have reviewed the crash many times after recording the race and Nicky is following Edwards into that turn at the same speed at about a bike distance away. Pedrosa was what appears to be about three bike lengths behind Hayden when he started to enter the turn and closed on he and Edwards with an obvious speed differential. It's obvious that Pedrosa got into that turn way too hot.

No way you can blame Hayden unless you blame Edwards too - The video proves that both Hayden and Edwards were traveling at about the same speed with Pedrosa barreling down on them.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Oct/061019a.htm

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#26 Unread post by High_Side »

Pedrosa made it right in front of the world today and THAT deserves an honerable mention in this thread.