Racing Jobs

icee221
Rookie
Rookie

Racing Jobs

#1 Unread post by icee221 »

21 years old from michigan going to school in florida for bikes. After school I am looking for a race team tech job. How would I look into this more. I could ask my te4achers but they are all ex dealership owners nothing to do with racing. Its almost as if they frown on it. I am wondering should I just start calling suzuki, kawasaki, honda etc. and start asking them. Do i go to some races problem is I dont have the money for that. But i dont want money to stop this from happening. ANy ideas let me know.

crazypj
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by crazypj »

I work at MMI in FAST program (evenings).
If your at MMI call in (if your at Wyotech your SOL).
Did some work for Ian Lougher when I was at Two Wheel services (Bridgend, South Wales)
http://www.ianlougher.com/
Your unlikely to go directly into a major or minor race team and you also have to get your face about at race meetings.
Probably need to hook up with a good club racer and help out (its going to cost you for a while)
Its not as glamorous as you think working on race bikes.
You also have to be REALLY good at what you do
PJ
I'm not a complete idiot, but I'm working on it
There are three types of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't

BeyondThePaint
Regular
Regular

#3 Unread post by BeyondThePaint »

What kind of motorcycle racing? drag? Moto GP?
the best advice I can give you is to take a bunch of resume's to the races and hand them out. A big plus for most race teams would be if you had a license to drive a large truck. The bigger the team, usually the bigger the rig they drive. Usually the drivers are the mechanics as well. I would add that to my list of things to do.

Smokin Sam
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Racing Jobs

#4 Unread post by Smokin Sam »

Here is how it works. Research a shop that likes to race. Try to get a job there doing whatever you can. (Preferably in the shop.) Work your a$$ off for them and volunteer at the track for them. Git er done! Sam.

See you at the Ashcroft, BC CMDRA drags on July 17/18. We're gonna Git er done!
Check out my web site!

jassica
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model-2004

#5 Unread post by jassica »

You could try photography. Once you establish yourself, you have access to all sorts of racing and other sports. It's a great chance to watch the newcomers develop and move up. I've done it for over 20 years and have seen several kids go on to the big time.

Amilia5
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2011

#6 Unread post by Amilia5 »

Helpful discussion!