Track riding in Europe VS Japan

oyly
Rookie
Rookie

Track riding in Europe VS Japan

#1 Unread post by oyly »

Hi there

I started track riding during a period of language studies in Japan, and now I go on holidays there, just for getting on the tracks again... :P

But since it rains a lot in Japan, and it is far away from my "home country", Norway, I am considering moving my track riding to southern Europe, more specifically Spain and Italy. Thinking of getting a camping car and a trailer to haul the bike(s) in. :P

I have never ridden on tracks in Europe, so some info on the tracks, track days, races, licenses, etc would be most appreciated!

Anybody by any chance have experience from both Japan and southern Europe to make a comparison?

Especially, I suspect that Japan's tracks might be the best in the world, quality and safety wise. Comments?

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: two wheeled vehicle

#2 Unread post by wrecks »

Getting a trailer to haul the bike for track days is perfect. I believe the best way to find information on the tracks in Italy or where ever you go is to search for the track site on the internet. Im sure the main track website will provide you with all the information you need.
I suspect that Japan's tracks might be the best in the world, quality and safety wise. Comments?
Its really difficult to say because every track differs from other tracks. It's best to say that each track you visit has its own characteristics. One thing concerning safety is that if the track hosts Moto-GP events then its safe to say that track will be a bit safer than others.
cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 GSXR 600 (taken out by cager)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm