rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

Speedway

#1 Unread post by rayian »

I was born in England and before my family came to Canada when I was a young boy my father took me to the speedway in Wimbledon a couple of times. The excitement and the smell of those events never left me. It's not the same to see it in these tiny youtube clips but you might find it interesting if you've never seen it before.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... edway&aq=f

(admin note -- Don't forget you can imbed a Youtube or google video in your post, just add the googlevid or youtube tag button to it like you would an image or url, etc).

These guys ride single cylinder, 500 cc bikes with only 1 gear and no brakes.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Speedway

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I was on a motorcycle after Silverstone MotoGP and stuck in the traffic with hundreds of other bikes due to an accident on the M40. After they cleared the accident it was a mini-MotoGP at full throttle to 70ish MPH!

:D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.