High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#2 Unread post by High_Side »

I'll cover the Moto-GP
1) Rossi (only a fool would bet against him)
2) Tamada
3) Gibernau
4) Hayden
5) Biaggi :wink:

BuzZz
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#3 Unread post by BuzZz »

I'll take a stab at the 250's.....

1. Ricky Carmichael

2. Chad Reed

3. Mike LaRocco

:twisted: Dirt Rules :twisted:

And I'm pulling for LaRocket. Another old guy that should be retired kicking some bigtime azz this year (again :wink: )

Sorry. You can now return to your regularly scheduled pavement-fest... :wink:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#4 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

ooohh... i saved my posting... luckily... my little predictions might be fun in the coming months:

Just to vote against the odds, Highside, and because these damn "voting" systems are so boring, I need to spice up the gambling with some story telling... I'll toss in a little intuition, craziness and magic to work...

First off... to blow it all wide open, Rossi will crash and burn at least twice during the season (!! - what are the odds of that dude! - pretty good, i'd say because Capirossi and/or Biaggi will punt him off the track) thus sending the championship wide open by midseason...

my old-time Yama-man, Edwards, will begin to rail just after the first quarter of the season.

That Honda wildman Nicky will be putting down blackies like never before and really look like king at the half-way point... of course only king for a day in MotoGP :)

Gibernau - will be consistent, like Corser superbike, and many will vote for him to win, but something will tangle his toes... engine gremlins

Kenny Roberts will win at least ONE DAMN race... maybe two because Suzuki will finally pull the rag out of the exhaust system which has been clogging up the left rear cylinder for about 6 years... of course soon thereafter the bike will explode or something.. ok... maybe KR will simply kick "O Ring" on some tracks he knows well... and Suzuki will never figure out what to do in GP.. boo hoo hoo...

Capirossi -- win a few, lose a few; crash and burn, never learns.

Biaggi -- the "O Ring" will crash in the pits doing something stupid, or blow his lid, etc... ultimately he will finish down the order, crying, sniveling, bit***** and moaning...

some new guy will go well.

Tamada - nothing special :-) ok -- a couple wins and good consistent finishes.. unfortunately this will prove to be a formula that is 5 years out of date for the current level of competition.

so...

1 - Edwards (by 2 points)

2 - Nicky (by 10 points)

3 - Rossi (by 5 points)

4 - Giber (by like 3 points) and a squirrels tail between him and Capirrosi crashing at round 4

5 - some damn fast Aussie that we all forgot about for a bit... unless he breaks a bone kicking Biaggi in the nuts after a crash in Italy :-) unless Erv Kanemoto kicks him first -- remember you read it here first.

nahh... something will go wrong there with Troy boys team... he'll be like 8th.

so...

5 - maybe Capirossi, or let's try Barros, he's been pretty good in general for several years. yeah.. i take Barros for fifth, and would even concede he can take 4th)

welll -- it' not like there aren't another 5 really really really fast guys to turn those predictions to mud really quick...

i like those "predictions" --- at least they are worth using the crystal ball... now, on with the circus!

--- where is someone in Europe to throw in there 2-cents, 2-pence, 2-pickles or 2-euros, being so much closer to the action and all???

and, my vote for Laguna Seca is................ (oooooooh, dats tough)... ummmmmmm.... Aussie man :-) Troy Bayliss again gets a vote for having Ducati do something as stupid as fire the guy... give 'em the guns man!

High_Side

#5 Unread post by High_Side »

Hopkins will beat Roberts Jr. He consistently has in the past. Roberts has been complaining about everyting since he won the title, while big-eared John quietly got faster...

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#6 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

High_Side wrote:Hopkins will beat Roberts Jr. He consistently has in the past. Roberts has been complaining about everyting since he won the title, while big-eared John quietly got faster...
Sounds like a definitive statement Highside!! :D

Would you like to place a little friendly wager on that Suzook GP prediction?? We could throw $5 into the "pot" whenever the next pub night rolls around. I'll take KR Jr and you can have Hopkins for most points during the 2005 season!

//monkey on GP
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

High_Side

#7 Unread post by High_Side »

QuietMonkey wrote:
High_Side wrote:Hopkins will beat Roberts Jr. He consistently has in the past. Roberts has been complaining about everyting since he won the title, while big-eared John quietly got faster...
We could throw $5 into the "pot" whenever the next pub night rolls around. I'll take KR Jr and you can have Hopkins for most points during the 2005 season!
I'll take a piece of that. This donation that you are about to make is not tax deductable however.... :laughing:
http://www.2wf.com/articles/news/613E84 ... 42A9BE.asp

High_Side

#8 Unread post by High_Side »

Ladymx

#9 Unread post by Ladymx »

Ya hopkins has started to pin his ears back to avoid the drag and its going to make all the difference. Ok it has nothing to do with his ears, the kids learning at a good rate.

05max
Regular
Regular

#10 Unread post by 05max »

Rossi - unless he gets sick, get hurt on a fall or pushed off the track by Biaggi - then we can watch the fight on Pay per View HBO. Considering how well Rossi did after his switch to the best brand bike :D - he has had an amazing learning curve and I still can't see him losing just yet overall. It will be a great season - one of the best ever. There has been talk of who is the best ever and many say Rossi is it while others say you can't say that is tru because people like Rainey did not have today's tech. Here is how I see it: The fact that a rider beats the crap out of most of his peers means that he would have done the same on any bike...anywhere....any time. The avg skill of a group of racers is probably about the same under all circumstances at any time in history so whoever wins the most by percentage is the best...........period. So look up the %'s and see who is the best ever in each class - simple.

What I would give to ride that M1 just once - once because I would probably total it trying to leave the pits..................
Last edited by 05max on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.