Toyuzu
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 15
My Motorcycle: 1981 Honda CX 500 Custom

Pics of my wife's new Big Bear...

#1 Unread post by Toyuzu »

These have also been uploaded to the TMW Yamaha Gallery, but I thought I'd show them off here too. Click the pics for a bigger version:

[i]Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)[/i]

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

#2 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

Looks like a sweet machine there Mate.

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#3 Unread post by High_Side »

Nice pics Matt.

Toyuzu

#4 Unread post by Toyuzu »

Thanks Bruce! Next time you make a trip to AK, make it a vacation and bring the Kodiak. We'll hit some trails. Or, even if you can't bring yours, I'll have another soon after I get back from Iraq. I like the Big Bear so much I might just buy another one for myself. 8) I haven't ridden much in my area yet, but I've read about some outstanding trails leading to glaciers, etc.

High_Side

#5 Unread post by High_Side »

Toyuzu wrote:Thanks Bruce! Next time you make a trip to AK, make it a vacation and bring the Kodiak. We'll hit some trails. Or, even if you can't bring yours, I'll have another soon after I get back from Iraq. I like the Big Bear so much I might just buy another one for myself. 8) I haven't ridden much in my area yet, but I've read about some outstanding trails leading to glaciers, etc.
I can't see myself ever dragging the quads to Alaska but I could see myself riding the bike up there. I may have to take you up on the offer....
Has the wife been riding the quad much while you are gone?

Toyuzu

#6 Unread post by Toyuzu »

She rides when she can. It got pretty cold for a couple of weeks after I left, so she couldn't be out for long before she had to head back inside. She sits the two older kids on the rear rack, and the baby rides in a sling around her chest. She usually rides it the ~1/2 mile to our mailboxes each day to check the mail. The kids absolutely LOVE it, even though with the kids she never gets out of 2nd gear. 8) My son's quad suffered a dead battery after sitting too long in the cold, but she should have it back up and running today. I'm going to have to look into retrofitting a pull-start backup for the little Grizzly.

I'll keep you posted on when I'm going to be heading back home. I'd love to have you visit and ride a bit with me. I should have two Big Bears by then. :D

High_Side

#7 Unread post by High_Side »

When do you get back home buddy? What are your plans after that?

Toyuzu

#8 Unread post by Toyuzu »

I should be getting back home sometime this Sept. unless we get extended. As far as plans after that - I'm staying in the Army for now, mainly because they offered me another three years in Alaska. That means I get to stay at least until 2012, or almost 2013. I'll have to see what happens after that.

I have fallen head over heels in love with AK. I've found the place I want to raise my children in. My wife and kids feel the same way, too. I've heard of people going through an entire career in the Army without having to move, but it's very rare. If I have to, I'll get out and reenlist in the AK National Guard to keep from having to move. I've heard a rumor that we should have at least two years "in garrison" after this deployment before we'll get deployed again. I'm looking forward to two good years at home. 8)

Toyuzu

#9 Unread post by Toyuzu »

Wow, where did the time go? A little update here - I made it back from Iraq, bought a 2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700 Limited edition in midnight armor with a Warn 2500 LB winch, put almost 2000 miles on it in one year, and now I'm deployed again - this time in Afghanistan. The Grizzly is an unbelievable machine. I "ride it like I stole it" and I have had not one problem with it - jumping it, water-wheeling through water way too deep, going through mud holes that could swallow a tank, riding in snow deep enough to roll over the front rack... simply an awesome machine.

The Big Bear is gone. It got destroyed by someone who didn't have quite as much riding experience as he claimed. :frusty: Good thing I made him wear my extra helmet. I'm now planning to get my wife a Rhino - with a roll cage and back seat setup, so she can take the little ones with her.

I'm heading home for leave in a month and my son and I are taking the quads out in the woods camping for about 4 days. We're going to see if we can bring home some meat to fill the freezer.

Happy riding everyone!