YOU LADIES ROCK!!! Did I say that too loud?

smiles
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

YOU LADIES ROCK!!! Did I say that too loud?

#1 Unread post by smiles »

I would first like to say ***YOU LADIES ROCK!!!!*** especially the moms. I've been riding birt bikes for a while now and finally crossed over to street but I'm going to keep my CR125 around 'cause it's way too much fun to give up :twisted: . Needless to say I don't connect with other women too well. As far as other women bikers, the ones I've ever really seen are either the scarey ones :( and I'm not easily scared or the stuck-up I'm better than you ones. Seeing this I was kind of hesitant about checking out the ladies lounge about I'm glad I did from what I've read so far riding is in your blood like it's in mine but you don't treat others any differntly because you ride and they don't. Hope I get to run into ladies like you guys when I'm ridin' :) . My new ride is a 2005 DL650 V-Strom
Sorry I'm normally this talkative.
smiles

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by KarateChick »

Hey smiles - welcome! and keep posting! :)

Oh yeah - post some pics of your bike sometime - everyone always likes that!
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

motogirl
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by motogirl »

Hi and welcome! I don't know anything about the V-Strom (heck I don't know anything about any 'sport' bikes - I ride a standard and my husband rides a cruiser), except that one of my friends has a 2006 V-Strom. I am tempted to try it, but he (the owner of the bike) is 6' tall. My husband rode it, and could barely get his tip toes down. How tall are you? Or I guess more importantly, how long are your legs? I'm really thinking about trying out some sporties, but I don't want to drop anyone's precious bike!

Thanks,
~Janet
One can never consent to creep when one feels the urge to soar - Helen Keller

smiles
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by smiles »

First of all I meant to say I'm NOT normally this talkitave.

motogirl
I'm a liitle over 5'7" with about a 32" inseam. Your friend probably has a DL1000 which is about an 1" taller and 40pounds heavier than a 650. At one of the dealerships Rob and I stopped at I seen two V-Stroms I didn't look at the size and ened up on the 1000, I didn't even feel comfortable getting it off the kickstand. We went to another shop seen a couple more and that guy had me sit on a 650 and that's all it took, I HAD to have it(in blue of course).
V-Stroms are listed as a daul-sport but it's more for the street than the dirt. Because of that full coverage for me is about $350 a year. You can buy a lot of extras for it and it's a very versatile bike, being on-road/off-road helps 'cause I live out in the sticks and it's plenty fast for me, it will hang corners with the best of them in the proper hands. The bike's good for long trips too as far as I'm concerned. My other half and I went on a 600 round trip a couple of weekends ago.

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Welcome to the forum!

Kim
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Kim »

Hi smiles and welcome!
When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.