Dirt Biking

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#11 Unread post by Loonette »

I would love to try out dirt bikes - I love all things dirty! But I'm just too torn financially. Plus, I take up enough of my family time just riding my street bike, and I'm not sacrificing any of that time for much of anything else. Still interests me though. Maybe when I turn 60 or something. :wink:

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Ladymx
Sex: Male

#12 Unread post by Ladymx »

Loonette wrote:I would love to try out dirt bikes - I love all things dirty! But I'm just too torn financially. Plus, I take up enough of my family time just riding my street bike, and I'm not sacrificing any of that time for much of anything else. Still interests me though. Maybe when I turn 60 or something. :wink:

Cheers,
Loonette
Right on Loonette, thats the spirit. :thumbsup:

karlyn
Rookie
Rookie

#13 Unread post by karlyn »

that idea would be very awesome.. but for girls, on second thought,, I think that would require a lot of training to do.. Special gears and outfits should be developed too.. :lol:

smiles
Rookie
Rookie

#14 Unread post by smiles »

To all you wild women of the rode TRY IT. It may not be for you but it's still worth a shot. I grew up on them and know have a Honda 125 that I love almost as much as I love my husband. The looks I get when people find out I ride dirt bikes are priceless and I've even had a few other women ask if I had a screw ot two loose. Of couse the reply was YES.
If you're going to try out dirt bikes keep in mind there are some differences between the two, they will bite if you're not prepared. Try finding some experienced rides to teach you those differences and to help you up when you eat dirt 'cause it's going to happen. The good thing about it is that dirt tends to be more forgiving than the rode but it can still hurt. What's a couple of scratches and bruises anyway, I walked around for about a week with the imprint of my hand grip in my back, I still haven't figured out how I pulled that off. Sorry if a scared any of you I wasn't trying but I've seen what happens to someone when they try to treat a dirt bike like their street bike, even though it had a few of us on the ground roling in laughter my friend could have ended up seriously injured for not listening to us.
Please by all means try it GET DIRTY AND HAVE FUN WITH IT just remember to respect dirt bikesand their differences.
As far as the gear, if you don't mind getting you boots you wear of the street dirty, I used my Marine Corps combat boot for a while. Growing up I was too poor to buy proper equipment. I know wear some hand-me-down pants, shirt and gloves that my other half grew out of (he claims they have shrunk). I bought my own helmet and boots.
smiles

Ladymx

#15 Unread post by Ladymx »

Ladies gear is already to go for the female dirt biker. Not a who lot of training is required either. There are course that can be taken. If you already know how to ride, you can just ask others what the differences are. One big difference is you dont lean into corners like you do on a street bike.

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#16 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

FWIW my mom rides a TT-R 125L now and then. Though i think she'd prefer a 4 wheeler. She has no interest in getting her own bike but likes riding pillion with my stepdad on his road king. Weekend trips on the thing with it's trailer aren't totally un-common.

:peep: i'll leave your domain now :peep:
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#17 Unread post by Shorts »

Dirtbikes are great for goofing around on the farm. Like a few others here, I grew up with dirtbikes and 4wheelers on the farm. I certainly took my share of dirt in the mouth, nose, eyes and ears (no one wore safety equipment then), but when that'd happen, you straighten yourself out, straighten the plastic on the bike a bit, then start it up and go for more.

It was fun to do and of course took a lot of the mystery and 'scarey/dangerous/bad machine' out of "those machines" :D