How does riding make you feel?

debbrango
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

I feel...........

#31 Unread post by debbrango »

when I ride I feel like I can take on the world.
I feel strong, in control, powerful, amazing, sexy & free.
All my senses are on alert, I feel so alive.
I think that about covers it for me.

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

#32 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

I can relate to that! :wink:

If my girlfriend at the time was interested in riding I'd often teach them to, then I'd sit on the back, it's not so bad....there are very nice soft things to hold onto while on the back.... :laughing:

Here is a picture of Susan after a few lessons on riding bigger bikes.

Circa 1991

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#33 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

I'm not quite sure Sarek, where to post about riding and arthritis. But both me and Dave are disabled with Arthritis, Daves got Rheumatoid arthritis , and I got Ankylosing spondealitis and a Psorias Arthritis. But I find it more comfortable on a bike than in a car. But what I find the hardest ie peoples attitudes sometimes, they how can you ride a bike,my usual response is...............well you just sit on the bike, Like today we went to Shepton Mallet Bike Show, because neither me or Dave can walk far, they let us park right in the show, so that stalls etc arent too far away. What would be a good idea is if at the shows they would stock motorised scooter that you could hire to get around show. But because neither Dave or me can walk far we dont even get to see half of it.
I'm not riding fast...........Just flying low!

Sarek
Regular
Regular

#34 Unread post by Sarek »

That must be rough. To both have arthritis. Does it make it hard to ride? I imagine it's harder for him than you. But having my arms up helps me sit up straighter so maybe it's easier for him. Have you thought about your future for riding? have you had it long? What do you take/do for it?
I just got diagnosed with degenerative joint disease and arthritis all over.
I started feeling achier after riding for 2 hours. We were trying to decide if I have rheumatoid or osteo arthritis. I think I have osteo.
I didn't have too much trouble ignoring myself when I was thinking "how am I going to work" It seems all arthritis is progressive so it will get worse. I got sooo depressed at the thought of not being able to ride.
I thought I'd put a post on here about how other people deal with arthritis.
Plus, I wonder if I should get a better bike. Or a better seat. Or a better bike with a better seat.

nanamona
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

lady rider

#35 Unread post by nanamona »

Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I ride a kawasaki en500. I get looks when I take my helmet off. I wear a full faced. Ladies who ride on the back of thier guys ride usually give me a hard look. Riding relieves all the daily stresses. It makes me feel alive. :lol:

longrider
Rookie
Rookie

#36 Unread post by longrider »

Sane
You never see a bike parked in front of a psychiatrist office.

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#37 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

Hi Sarek,Daves had arthritis 23 yrs me 18yrs. We've had to adapt to live within our limitations. ie. cant ride when its cold or wet. Usually end up taking pain killers if we go for long ride, but it usually towards end of day when you stop. But to us the pain is worth the fun, could be sat home and in pain, I know which I'd prefer. Yeah there are times when we cant get on bike, but there mainly during winter months........and the thought of getting out on bike in warmer weather keeps you going through the winter. And because we have tax exemption on our bike cause of disability, we have the same rights for parking, as we are blue badge holders. I suppose if it came to a point weather we could'nt ride 2 wheels ,we would then consider a trike. But 2 wheels is so much more fun!
Actually the pillion, still has to use her leg muscles and spine muscles, to stop head butting the rider, and when you do 0 - 90 in a few seconds, I have to hold on to Dave cause of the G force.......Wah Hey! not mention side winds. It is a known fact that riding a motorcycle is good for the spine. and I am actually more comfortable on a bike. it also helps strengthen the muscles around the spine. And yes on loads of medication, unfortunately its a neccessary to keep any form of mobility. What I miss most is being able to camp out at rallies, cause of our condition we can no longer do this. When your in pain sarek, or feeling blue, think of a nice warm sunny day, riding your bike, close your eyes and imagine....This always bring a smile to my face. Or Dave with me he says when I'm in granny mode "Spose a f***s out the question then?" which makes me laugh, try cracking a few jokes, that will lift your spirits too. :laughing: Think positive.............Think bike! :wink:

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#38 Unread post by Ladymx »

Well I dont have arthritis, but I do now after an accident in Jaunary ride with a considerable amount of pain in my one knee and two spots in my back. I may have to cut back on how I travel, but I dont want it to stop my traveling by motorcycle anytime soon. It is a matter of adapting and pain control. :? Which I find hard at times.
I tell people, that if Im going to be in pain anyways, I might as well do something I enjoy. 8)

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

#39 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

Have you sought Professional assistance in this matter?

Chiropractic & or Physiotherapy for your Back?

Chiro works for me!

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#40 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

I find your natural adrenalin rush kills out pain when on bike, its when I get off I feel it most. but like I said it's worth it cause I've had so much fun and it certainly lifts my spirits. With my condition cant do physio oranything like that, cause the spines crumbling, would cause more damage. As long as I can keep riding the bike, I'm happy. Wah Hey! :twisted: