2007 Suzuki M109R

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#11 Unread post by ZooTech »

MotoF150 wrote:ohhhh OK when I was looking at the 109 the dealer told me there is no rear seat, I guess he just told me that so I would leave
In that case, there's no rear seat here in the forum either....

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#12 Unread post by NorthernPete »

ZooTech wrote:
MotoF150 wrote:ohhhh OK when I was looking at the 109 the dealer told me there is no rear seat, I guess he just told me that so I would leave

That was beer snorting throuhg the nose funny.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

200 miles

#13 Unread post by M109R »

200 miles on the M109R

Took the bike out for another ride today. Things are really starting to setup and quiet down. The bike just keeps getting better.

At 122 miles put in 4 gal of gas (so approx 30 mpg) but this was riding with break-in (shifting, reving, varying rpm, etc...) Said the bike should get 40 mph. Also, the low fuel warning light came on with 1.2 gal left in the tank so now I can estimate how long to run dry.

The bike is itching to run...... Can't wait until the 500 mile break-in is done. Amazing how fast the bike is while keeping it under 3500 rpm. Even under this restriction you can get it to where you need to hold on. FUN. Making low speed U-turns are effortless and the bike has plenty of power in all gears when you need it. Was on the bike for 2 hours straight and no pain in the rear. The seat is very comfortable. Also the foot pegs are positioned great. Legs and feet were also very comfortable. Thought the rear brake pedal would be in the way (like the reviews said) but it isn't. The position of your foot with the heal on the peg it's not an issue. Braking is great and powerful. You want to stop you stop. Above 70mph the wind does pick up but on you not the bike. Bike doesn't seem to mind cross winds either. It just plows thru them.

On the Seat thing: You get a passenger seat and a cowell that swap out with two scews in about a minute. So easy to decide how you want to look/carry for that day's ride. With the cowell the bike looks extra sharp.

Already getting mega compliments on how awesome this bike looks and sounds. FUN FUN FUN...............

More later...

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#14 Unread post by ZooTech »

Congrats on the sweet ride!

Incidentally, I wouldn't worry so much about the 3500rpm limitation. Feel free to rev to redline if you want to. The important thing during break-in is to maintain a load on the rings. By pampering the bike for the first 600 miles, you're probably lugging the engine which will do far more harm than good. All you're doing is making a bunch of lawyers happy.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#15 Unread post by Sev »

It's more important to not keep the revs consistantly low. That'll just glaze the seals and they'll leak oil.

I've seen a couple 109's around and they do look NICE.

You should take a couple of pictures.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

brbolin
Elite
Elite

#16 Unread post by brbolin »

MotoF150 wrote:
ohhhh OK when I was looking at the 109 the dealer told me there is no rear seat, I guess he just told me that so I would leave

Oh SNAP! That was too funny. I think I peed a little.

GREAT news about the bike, VTX1300C. I LOVE the bike. Went by a dealer a couple of weeks ago and they had a black one in there. Looked like a freaking LIMO compared to my smaller M50! I walked around it, admiring it for a bit, but didn't sit on it or anything. Now, granted, I didn't "ask", but the salesperson didn't offer, either. The last time I was in there looking at the M's, the salesperson was all like, "yeah, hop up on there!". I guess they were afraid (or knew I couldn't afford one yet) I'd drop it or something so didn't bother. Oh well. I hope to sit on one and even just "test" it in a parking lot soon. Dem's SVEET!!!

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

Break in

#17 Unread post by M109R »

Thanks for the advice on the break in.

Driving me nuts trying to keep this beast under 3500 rom all the time. It wants to GO. At low rpms (2500) it clanks and complains for me to downshift or hit the throttle. Been keeping it somewhere between 3000 and 3500 most of the time.

I agree on getting the rings set. I'll pick it up on my next ride. Heard the best way is to find a hill and hit the throttle on the way up. Do you agree?

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

M109R Pics

#18 Unread post by M109R »

Pics of my M109R are located at:

http://groups.msn.com/SuzukiM109R/shoeb ... ?Page=Last

If you own an M109R and need a place to post your pics, feel free to put them here as well.

brbolin
Elite
Elite

#19 Unread post by brbolin »

Hooooly frig. That is NICE! I love the color.
Congrats, man...congrats!

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

Re: Break in

#20 Unread post by ZooTech »

VTX1300C wrote:Heard the best way is to find a hill and hit the throttle on the way up. Do you agree?
Yup. Then engine brake on the way back down.