Do you get Parked Motorcycle Syndrome?

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#2 Unread post by Loonette »

YES!! But I found relief by keeping the bike in running condition this Winter. At least I can take a 1/2-hour ride once in awhile. Now that the temps are settling a bit more into their normal range (upper 40's, lower 50's {F}), the bike will spend a lot less time in park mode.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Mer
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#3 Unread post by Mer »

Not very often. 8)
Marianne

2005 Honda VTX 1300

Rebeccaatthewell
Veteran
Veteran

#4 Unread post by Rebeccaatthewell »

More than I want to right now. Leak in fuel tank, caused bike to sit up for 2 months until could get tank replaced. Now can't get it to crank. Even bought a new battery and it just does not want to crank.

GRRRRRRR
:frusty:

Becca
The only time when evil can triamph, is when good men do nothing!

Mag7C
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#5 Unread post by Mag7C »

1 day of not riding is about as much as I can do before I get all tense and anxious. When the bike was in shop for 3 days I wore my gloves around the house to keep from flipping out.

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by KarateChick »

That good ole Alberta weather hey? Most likely, probably will but I'll have to let you know (first winter). At least skiing is a good diversion...
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#7 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

Rebeccaatthewell wrote:Leak in fuel tank, caused bike to sit up for 2 months until could get tank replaced. Now can't get it to crank. Even bought a new battery and it just does not want to crank.

GRRRRRRR
:frusty:

Becca
Rebecca,

Just a thought; if the fuel taps (petcocks) were leaking for a long period of time, rather than the tank itself, it's possible that fuel leaked into the engine and there can be a vapour lock condition in a cylinder (fuel leaks in just before a compression stroke) and then when you hit the starter button the fuel cannot be compressed even with a perfect battery, thus locking the engine up.

You might try to flag down TechBMW in the TroubleShooting forum and see if what I am thinking is correct; he can likely help you out:

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=358&sid= ... c39f86dd7b

//monkey
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)