LADIES - Twisties - An Epiphany

Muse
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

LADIES - Twisties - An Epiphany

#1 Unread post by Muse »

I remember posting in a thread about twisties, and reading that some of you just had an epiphany one day about how to do them properly (read this as "safely" for the purposes of this post!). Just last night, I was riding with a friend of mine, and I felt COMPLETELY comfortable with my turns for the very first time! I won't say these were twisties, just regular turns in the road, but they felt so SMOOTH! I'm all excited to practice more, and to get out on some of the real twisties on the roads around here. Can anyone say Bow Valley Parkway??

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Thats awesome!.. that's pretty much how it goes, one day it just clicks and feels like second nature.
2006 VTX 1300 R

Life looks alot better through a set of handlebars!!

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#3 Unread post by Loonette »

There ya go! Keep practicing - it just gets better and better!

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Just this weekend I rode the Duffy Lake Road and then back via the Fraser Canyon. A few months ago I would never have thought I could do those rides.

It's a great feeling, isn't it?

racerxgirl
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by racerxgirl »

Why ride the twisties on the street when you have a racetrack to do trackdays at? I dont understand..I will never ride on the street again..to damn dangerous with stupid drivers, oil, critters, and not to mention if you go over the side of you favorite "twisty" who is going to be there within 2 minutes or less to help you? To each there own..I would suggest doing a trackday or two to help your braking and turning. My 02., good luck ladies! [/img]
Its all about the Ride!

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#6 Unread post by blues2cruise »

racerxgirl wrote:Why ride the twisties on the street when you have a racetrack to do trackdays at? I dont understand..I will never ride on the street again..to damn dangerous with stupid drivers, oil, critters, and not to mention if you go over the side of you favorite "twisty" who is going to be there within 2 minutes or less to help you? To each there own..I would suggest doing a trackday or two to help your braking and turning. My 02., good luck ladies! [/img]
I don't ride twisties like I'm racing. I pay attention to the posted signs and ride accordingly. I also don't ride beyond my skill level and I have no interest in racing.
Riding a winding highway isn't just about going fast.

Loonette
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#7 Unread post by Loonette »

Well, I guess street riders ride in the street because that's where they (I) have a good time. It's great that race tracks are available for the public who wants to pay to use them, but some of us enjoy using the roads that our tax dollars cover. Not sure what there is to "understand".

Back to the twisties... One of the reasons I enjoy riding around with ZooTech is because, since we have the same model of bike, I can watch how he does the twisties and really get a good idea of what my bike is capable of doing. I won't ride the twisties just like he does (he's got sparks shooting off his pegs on a regular basis!), but it helps give me some perspective regarding my bike. Practicing good form in the twisties is both fun and beneficial to overall riding quality.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600