Sweet Tooth's Blog - A Ladies Perspective...

MetricRider
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#31 Unread post by MetricRider »

Looks nice, I certainly can't see any imperfections from here. Just curious, you'd posted before that you were going with a corbin, but after that you'd gotten a mustang solo seat. Why the change? (I recently got a Gunfighter and Lady for my Vulcan 800 Classic)
02 Concours
97 Vulcan 800 Classic

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#32 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Thanks Metric... I chose the mustang because I wanted to go with a true solo. I looked at the gunfighter and almost got it, but I wanted to show off as much of the back fender as possible.
2006 VTX 1300 R

Life looks alot better through a set of handlebars!!

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#33 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Well, we got humpty dumpty back together again! :clap: Got the side mounted license plate and brake light mounted. Wired the new rear lights, changed them to smaller billet lights. Secured everything back on the bike, filled her up and she started right up. Took it on a quick cruise just to warm her up and perfect... Feels good to be back on the saddle, and a more comfortable one at that!

This Saturday the husband and I will head up to Sebring, about 3 hours from here, for lunch with some friends. I'm SO ready for it! :biker:

I didn't bother with the pics because the lighting was bad. I'll take some portraits tomorrow and post them.
2006 VTX 1300 R

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#34 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

I was able to get some decent pictures taken yesterday afternoon.

That completes the make over...

I'll gas her up again tonight, check the tire pressure and we'll be ready to roll tomorrow morning for our day trip up to Seabring, FL to meet up with some friends. Hopefuly we'll have good weather, as it is it's kinda ify...

Thanks for looking...
2006 VTX 1300 R

MetricRider
Veteran
Veteran

#35 Unread post by MetricRider »

Looks very nice. Just curious, what windshield is that, and how tall?
02 Concours
97 Vulcan 800 Classic

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#36 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Thanks!

It's a Memphis Flat 19". They have great customer service, this windsheild came off of my husbands 1600 Classic and in the process we lost a bolt and washer. We called them up and had a full replacement set in 3 days no charge. I thought that was great!
2006 VTX 1300 R

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#37 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Well our ride for Saturday got cancelled because of the weather. Severe thunderstorms were forcasted for Saturday afternoon and that would have caught us on the way back. We did however have a great sunny morning so the husband and I decided to take a ride. We headed down south planning to go the the Everglades National Park. After a quick breakfast we took Krome Avenue south. Krome Avenue is what devides the city from the farming communities. It's a 2 lane road and is sometimes full of landscaping trucks, but it's by far quicker than heading down US1. Once we got to Palm Drive we made a right hand turn and it was smooth sailing after that. Not a car on the road, we opened up the bikes and made a bee line towards the park.

We got to the park and stoped at the visiotrs center to take a quick break and cool off. The mosquitos were in full effect here! It had rained on Friday and the water had brought them all out. So we finish at the visitor center and lowe and behold the clouds start seting in, but looks like we'll be able to stay ahead of them and get home dry.

We leave the park and take one of the side roads that passes by one of the marinas only to find a truck hauling a boat wraped aroung a palm tree. The entire road is closed and we have to detour a good 15 minutes out of the way to get back on track. At this point in time were starting to feel drops of rain, but the sky dosen't look too bad and so far so good.

We cut though some side street and coming from the north is this huge ominous dark purple cloud of what would be torrential rain. The forcast had the rain coming in from the south, but these clouds had diffrent plans.

We pulled over and put on our rain gear and no less than 5 minutes later were caught in a torrential down pour. We had caught rain before, but this was really bad. It was windy, it was pouring and we had no place to pull over for cover. It was a little unnerving at first but at this point we were failry close to home so we decided to just keep going. Finaly got home about 15 minutes later.... It was a good ride except for the torrential rain but all in all it was a good experience.
2006 VTX 1300 R

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#38 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Had my first offical break down today.

I had a little glitch when I first got on and had trouble shifting into first but finaly it did and I didn't worry to much about it. Got going and sure enough down the street as im approaching a red light I start to down shift and it won't go past neutrual. :? I come to a complete stop at the red, I'm making sure the clutch is in all the way, but I soon realized that I was going NO WHERE!..lol I didn't panic, I moved it to the side of the road, put the kick stand down, got off and sure enough the shifting lever was all the way down, it was hitting the metal. I knew immediately what had happened.

We had adjusted this lever yesterday because my boot kept getting stuck under it. There is an adjustment rod that allows you to turn it, therefor moving the shift lever up or down..WELL I guess, not I guess...obviously my husband didn't tighten it enough after adjusting it and it droped the shifter after a while. So I knew exactly how to fix it. I take off my helmet put it on the ground, get on my knees and start turning the rod to adjust it again. I never knew how much attention a girl leaning under a bike would get. I had a friendly commuter pull over

"Excuse me Ms you need help"...
"Nah I got it thanks"...
"Um, do you know what you're doing?"..
"Yeah got it thanks"...
"Did you fall or something"...
"or something, but I got it now THANKS.
I felt like telling him I had lost a contact while applying mascara at a red light but I really didn't wanna go the sarcastic route...lol

The guy left but the truth is that I didn't get it, I must have been turning the rod incorrectly or something so after a bit I called my husband, explained to him what had happened and he came out to fix it for me. I wish I wouldn't of had to call him, but at least I knew what it was and I tried. Now I know better for next time. I got back on my bike and got back to riding...
2006 VTX 1300 R

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#39 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

I knew the day would come, but not this fast! I'm planning my first solo trip. :biker: . A friend of mine in Tampa invited a couple of us girls over for a girls only weekend in two weeks :smoke: . I accepted the invitation with out a second thought, secured a baby sitter and got to planing my route .

Since Tampa is only 4 hours away i'm going to take Friday off and take SR 27 up the middle of the state and then 60 across into Tampa. I could always take 75 directly up there but I really want to stay off of Alligator Alley, don't really feel like battling that by myself. It'll be almost 500 miles round trip and im really looking forward to it. My husband will meet me half way on Sunday so we can ride back together. I thought he would give me a hard time about going up there by myself, but he's been supportive. He even went out and got me my solo luggage rack for the trip. Now is that a good sign or a bad sign...? :laughing:

I wouldn't be going if I didn't think that I couldn't handle it but i'm still a little nervous about it. I have noticed though that i'm more relaxed riding by myself I guess it's because I go at my own pace and don't have to worry about keeping up with anyone else.

Well, im scheduled to leave Friday August 25th and return on Sunday the 27th. I'll let you guys know how it goes!
2006 VTX 1300 R

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#40 Unread post by t_bonee »

I hope you have a good trip! Enjoy yourself and the ride.
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. Are we in this country becoming like the dog?