2007 Suzuki M109R

skoebl
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#51 Unread post by skoebl »

Haha I love how giddy you sound in your posts. I can tell you truly love the bike and riding it.

I had a sit on a 109r and found it quite comfortable. Maybe when I've ridden the wheels off of my SV...or have enough money to have two bikes and need something to take the better half around on I'll get one.

Keep having fun!! :mrgreen:
SV650 K6 <---Suuper Awsome bike

[quote="V4underme"]
If I didn't feel like a monkey &*$%ing a football when I sat on a sporty, I'd probably own one.[/quote]

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

Handle Bar adjustment

#52 Unread post by M109R »

Had the bike serviced today and asked them to 'roll up' the handle bars about an inch.

MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE in taking curves and controlling the bike. The only problem is that the pin-hole set points for the throttle mounting and signal/horn mounting aren't lined up with the horizon. Still very usable though.

Wondering if it is just my personal frame/arm length or would this be affecting most other riders of this bike. I seroiusly could not believe the improvement in riding the bike from this minor change.

Also curious if it would be ok to drill new pin-hole set points in the handle bars for the control mounting adjustment to bring them back down.
06 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#53 Unread post by ZooTech »

Bikes aren't one-size-fits-all. That's what aftermarket bars and risers are for.

Drilling a couple small holes won't hurt anything. A lot of customizers drill 1/4" or bigger holes in their bars to route the wiring through.

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

Customization

#54 Unread post by M109R »

Learning quickly that customization isn't just for good looks, can seriously improve the comfort of the ride.

grampi
Veteran
Veteran

#55 Unread post by grampi »

Took my first 109 test ride today. I have a new favorite bike! I wish someone could put in a pill the experience you get by twisting that throttle! Oh, what a feeling, and oh, what a sound!!!!! I thought the VTX had balls (which it actually does), the 109 has even bigger ones! This bike feels like it'll easily run mid 11 second quarter miles. Move over power cruisers, there's a new head bully in town! Incredible bike!
Last edited by grampi on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

Fun

#56 Unread post by M109R »

The more I ride the bike the more I LOVE IT!!!

From putt putt cruising at low speeds through the city at night to hitting the curves and rolling on the throttle in the straights..THIS BIKE IS AWESOME!!!

Really enjoyed tonight putting the bike in 4th gear and not having to shift thru the curves and had plenty of power to enjoy the straights....

Seriously recommend test driving one of these before you make your new bike purchase.

PURE FUN!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

younggun
Legendary
Legendary

#57 Unread post by younggun »

First of all CONGRATS!!! That is an awesome bike you have there, i love the colour and the bike itself. Have many great rides on it!!!
Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have any film

[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/younggun75/th_mybike.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/younggun75/th_001.jpg[/img]

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

Suped up V-Rod

#58 Unread post by M109R »

Thanks...

The more I've been looking at it, I think I've figured out the motivation behind it's design.

Just like most Japanese cars being modeled after popular European models (i.e. Honda civic -BMW 325, Lexus - Merc, etc...) I think they took a long hard look at the HD V-Rod and outdid themselves on upgrades in performance, handling, sound, etc....

Even the headlight seems inspired. I don't know, just my opinion, but I think it was intended to be a V-Rod on Steriods for $8,000 less. If I had bought a HD it would have been a V-Rod, so they got me and I am very HAPPY they did!

Lt James
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

Re: Suped up V-Rod

#59 Unread post by Lt James »

VTX1300C wrote:...I don't know, just my opinion, but I think it was intended to be a V-Rod on Steriods for $8,000 less...
Just curious as to if you've ever ridden a Vrod, and what you base this opinion on?

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#60 Unread post by ZooTech »

I don't think it looks anything like a V-Rod, which is a good thing. No other bike maker could have put that thing out and not been ridiculed.