Boneheads, boneheads

ubarw
Veteran
Veteran

Boneheads, boneheads

#1 Unread post by ubarw »

Ya see 'em every day.

Today, an 18 wheeler turned into me. He was in a parking lot on the opposite (oncoming) side of the road. Due to a narrow gate he was pulling out from, he had to pull a LONG ways out, and then swing back into his lane. This was one of those times when had I not been paying attention, I woulda been a hood ornament.

I shot him with my imaginary "dummy dart" gun. Thats a gun that shoots those darts with little suction cups on them, and the darts have a little flag that says "dummy" on them. The idea is, after someone gets 5 dummy darts on their rig, a cop can pull them over and give them a ticket for being stupid!

:frusty:
Goldwing! OOOH Yah!

liablemtl
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 29
My Motorcycle: 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Re: Boneheads, boneheads

#2 Unread post by liablemtl »

ubarw wrote:Ya see 'em every day.

Today, an 18 wheeler turned into me. He was in a parking lot on the opposite (oncoming) side of the road. Due to a narrow gate he was pulling out from, he had to pull a LONG ways out, and then swing back into his lane. This was one of those times when had I not been paying attention, I woulda been a hood ornament.

I shot him with my imaginary "dummy dart" gun. Thats a gun that shoots those darts with little suction cups on them, and the darts have a little flag that says "dummy" on them. The idea is, after someone gets 5 dummy darts on their rig, a cop can pull them over and give them a ticket for being stupid!

:frusty:
That's funny... I usually shoot them with my middle finger. Oh... wait... that's right, I'm "waving" at them, not shooting them... :mrgreen:
We're the first ones to starve
We're the first ones to die
The first ones in line for that pie in the sky
But we're always the last
When the gravy's shared out
For the worker is working when the fat cat's about

Telesque
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#3 Unread post by Telesque »

Guy on the freeway nearly hit me the other day. Beeped my tiny-sounding Shadow horn and shot him the bird.

It was my first time. :oops: :laughing:
-'95 Honda VT600CD / 'Shadow VLX Deluxe'
-'84 Ruestman WTF606

"[The four stroke] cycle is basically this -SUCK, SQUEEZE, BURN, and BLOW." -Dan's Motorcycle Repair Guide.
http://www.dansmc.com/MC_repaircourse.htm

rwp
Veteran
Veteran

#4 Unread post by rwp »

On streets not designed for them, big trucks often need more than one lane to maneuvre around corners. Cut them some slack, they're big, easy to see and generally move slowly so it's hard to not notice them. Give them the extra room when they need it and they'll appreciate it.
GSX1216F