Ladies - Evil looks from nonriding women, why?

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by Sev »

Mer wrote:Maybe it's not really that they are jealous that you ride your own, but jealous of the reactions you get from men BECAUSE you ride your own. :scooter:
Speaking as a male this makes the most sense to me. I've been thinking about this sort of thing for a while, and I would find it more enjoyable to have someone that I could go riding with. Instead of someone I can throw on the back and drag around.
There's a certain connection that you get spending that sort of time together. Besides I've always been attracted to self-confidence, and you have to be self-confident to ride.
All in all, I have to say, "Bugger them." I have no respect for people who are abusive towards someone without understanding who they are. I was teased a lot as a kid, so it took me a long time to realize this, but if you don't respect someone (which I think you don't in this case) why do you care what they think? It's their failing, not yours. And just proves that you're better then they are.
Keep riding, keep ignoring them, if you're having fun out there, then never stop.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#12 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I haven't experienced any problems since I started riding. Long ago when I was a "soccer Mom", the other Mom's would have nothing to do with me, but the Dad's were friendly. I think it has to do with the fact that some women are just very insecure.

I suspect these nasty women see you as a threat. Don't let them bother you. There are plenty of us out there who are not nasty. :)

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#13 Unread post by Loonette »

blues2cruise wrote:I haven't experienced any problems since I started riding. Long ago when I was a "soccer Mom", the other Mom's would have nothing to do with me, but the Dad's were friendly. I think it has to do with the fact that some women are just very insecure.

I suspect these nasty women see you as a threat. Don't let them bother you. There are plenty of us out there who are not nasty. :)
I hear ya, Blues. I'm a "soccer mom" right now! It's funny - I'm pierced all over, tattoos, I talk about bikes and cars - I don't exactly fit the part. I'm pretty talkative though, and I've found that when I engage others in a conversation and give them a little attention, things are quite pleasant. I might get a vibe that they're not my kind of person, but I can still get along just by being friendly. If someone is standoffish, I let it be their issue.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Rebecca
Veteran
Veteran

#14 Unread post by Rebecca »

Do like I do... Killem with kindness..
You know we all have it in us to be jealious every now and again.

Thats probley whats happend here to. GIVE THEM A FULL SMILE and say to your self, if you looked as good as I do... You would be setting here :)
I accept my own life as a blessing and a gift

Digginit
Regular
Regular

#15 Unread post by Digginit »

I don't think I ever notice how women look at me. The two women that I ride with ride their own bikes too. The other people I ride with are men. What I DO notice, being in a small conservative town, is that it's quite unladylike <snicker> to ride a Harley....lol. It's also unladylike to skydive...heh. AND it's unladylike to walk into Wal-Mart in yesterday's t-shirt and scrub pants....HA! Somehow the world keeps turning....

edited to add: Ummmm...."tricycle squid?" LMAO!

Peace~
linz
Some days it's just not worth gnawing through the straps

Wizzard
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#16 Unread post by Wizzard »

For years I packed my spousette . She is on her 3rd scoot now and she finally got something that fit her and that she truly enjoys . As for me , I like it a lot better and besides I now have someone I love to ride with on the weekends . She works for the FedGov and rides to work on most days .
What I have found over the years is that a lot of men are intimidated by her . Before her bouts with cancer she was pretty svelte . At 6' in her stocking feet and covered with ink , it always cracked me up when shopping albeit the grocery store or elsewheres , men would want to stare at her but were afraid to ....so they would be sneaking peeks .............true story .
What was even funnier , for a long time we would go places and some folks would ask "Would you like to buy this for your daughter ?" cause there is an almost 20 year difference in our ages as well as an almost 6" difference in our heights .
Just thought I would share because I can empathize with what you're saying about the looks and sneers . Perhaps all it is are folks feeling intimidated and nothing more .
Just remember _Now for the best and later for the garbage .
Kind regards, Wizzard
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- ' WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!! ' " - Author Unknown

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#17 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

Hiya wizzard, I used to have that problem where my other half was mistaken for my Dad, but there is only 10yrs difference, not so much these days though got a few character lines Lol :laughing: But personally I'm only a pillion, I find women who ride their own bikes are Cool, and a great laugh and good fun to be with. If I had the funds I would be joining many women riders. But alas I have to remain pillion :( And to all you women riders out there "Ride On" It doesnt matter what other people think, as long as your happy riding, do what you want to do. If anyones got a problem with women riders, it's their problem not yours, just pass any snide comment back! or better still ignore them! Happy safe riding to you all!
I'm not riding fast...........Just flying low!

Blexcroid
Rookie
Rookie

#18 Unread post by Blexcroid »

JEALOUSY JEALOUSY JEALOUSY! Not to mention you probably have a body that you've taken good care of and they'd die to have! :P
Some men (note I said SOME) just want a babe to be a trophy on the back of their bike, and these women may be stuck with guys like that.
My advice? Just hold your head up and :mrgreen: !

FishStix
Rookie
Rookie

#19 Unread post by FishStix »

Never had that happen, so I can't really comment without sheer speculation.
Frankly, who cares what sort of looks they give you? Carry on.... Know what I mean? :wink:

Matter of factly, I've had quite the opposite responses where ladies, chicks, women, whathaveyou will take a minute to come over and chat.

Now, if I can just get the little old ladies to stop locking their car doors at red lights... :roll:
FishStix

greenmountainman
Rookie
Rookie

#20 Unread post by greenmountainman »

Funny you mention this as it has been a topic at my house. My wife is very attractive and for having two children she is in remarkably good shape. However, she mentions this same thing to me quite a bit. Women treat her differently then men do. Often times they treat her very "catty". I suspect it has something to do with jealousy on some level. Be it physical appearance, personal abilities, etc. I just tell her to hold her head high and be the person that she is. If that is the type of person who is throwing the glare chooses to be then they are missing out on life and you should take pride in knowing that you are better than they are.