World's Fastest Indian

bcarlson
Regular
Regular

World's Fastest Indian

#1 Unread post by bcarlson »

I just saw this movie last night and it was really good. Aside from some funny parts, you feel really bad for the guy in most of the film. Don't know how much of the story is true and how much is Hollywood BS, but it was still entertaining. Definitely worth watching.

rapidblue
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by rapidblue »

Definitely a good show. I think the majority is pretty close to the true story. That guy was a trooper and a damn good mechanic. It is really worth seeing.
80 honda CB750F Super Sport

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#3 Unread post by Loonette »

It's absolutely true. The independent film maker is a huge fan of Burt Munro's. When I ran this film, I right away nabbed the movie poster. The guy who runs the barber shop next to our theater really wanted it because he owns an older Indian, but I'm not going to budge. At the time, I had started this thread... viewtopic.php?t=11337&highlight=worlds+fastest+indian

The thread died out pretty fast. I think this story is great on many levels, and it's an important part of motorcycling history. I was at the Bonneville Salt Flats once - just passing through, but I can imagine how cool it would be to actually be present for speed trials.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

bcarlson
Regular
Regular

#4 Unread post by bcarlson »

Loonette wrote:When I ran this film, I right away nabbed the movie poster. The guy who runs the barber shop next to our theater really wanted it because he owns an older Indian, but I'm not going to budge.
That would be an awesome poster for my rec room. I wonder if a Kinkos or some other larger copier place could duplicate the print. I would never suggest copyright infringment though.

oldschoolorange
Legendary
Legendary

#5 Unread post by oldschoolorange »

great movie to see. Apparently the way he made his own pistons, cans was pretty accurate
83 GS550, 70 Yamaha CT1 175

Loonette

#6 Unread post by Loonette »

bcarlson wrote:
Loonette wrote:When I ran this film, I right away nabbed the movie poster. The guy who runs the barber shop next to our theater really wanted it because he owns an older Indian, but I'm not going to budge.
That would be an awesome poster for my rec room. I wonder if a Kinkos or some other larger copier place could duplicate the print. I would never suggest copyright infringment though.
I don't think it's a copyright infringement as long as you don't pass it off as an original and as long as you don't sell it for profit. The nice thing about original movie posters is that they are printed through the paper - meaning, instead of being white on the back side, what you have is the back side of the image on the back side. That makes it an original. I'm not sure of how well the quality would be from a photo copy, but next time I'm near a Kinko's, I'll stop in and ask for the info - I'll let 'cha know if I can work out a copy for you.

I currently have eight movie posters that need to be framed. I love collecting them, but so far have not invested the money in the frames (they're larger than regular posters). Anyway... sorry for the digression - it's a great movie - go see it!!

Cheers,
Loonette

2006 Mean Streak 1600

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#7 Unread post by fireguzzi »

It's Loonette and Molly
A clown and her dolly
On the big comfy couch
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

Loonette

#8 Unread post by Loonette »

fireguzzi wrote:It's Loonette and Molly
A clown and her dolly
On the big comfy couch
Ah... you must be a fan!

Cheers,
Loonette

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Lunchbox
Rookie
Rookie

#9 Unread post by Lunchbox »

bcarlson wrote:
The poster was pretty easy to get. Are you still wanting one?