no
83%

Total votes: 6

niterider
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by niterider »

That is right, turn signals are not part of a safety inspection procedure for a motorcycle. All that is needed for lighting is stop light running light and the head light with high and low beam.
1993 750 Vulcan
one seater
ear shave, pod filters
rear turn signal relocation
lowered rear 2" soft tail
converted to manuel cam chain tensioner
horn relocation

Locopez
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 09 HD Electra Glide Classic

#12 Unread post by Locopez »

I was pulled over a few years back in Carson City, NV. Had no idea why the cop pulled me over....he even asked..if I knew why he did. I learned...that you can not split/lane share in the state of Nevada. He was pretty cool...told me to tell my other riding friends in California...not to come to his state and do that. He let me go....I felt lucky...so I am obligated to share this with all of you.

JCS
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#13 Unread post by JCS »

I've been pulled over once in over 30 years of street riding. For speed. LEO did not get a radar lock on me, just a visual and I was already slowing down. He wrote me up for 74 in a 55. If he wrote it for 20 or more over it was a mandatory court appearance and he would have to admit in court that he did not actually clock me. I paid the fine. I also did not mention the 60 mph that I knocked off to get down to the 74mph! :roll:
I would be the old, slow guy. Just let me know where you are going and I'll try to get there before you leave.

Skel3tor1
Elite
Elite

#14 Unread post by Skel3tor1 »

Great stories so far. Been back on a bike now for two weeks and I'm waiting to get pulled over. I ordered a custom tag from the DMV that is going to take about 3 months maximum to arrive in the mail so in the meantime, my temp paper tag they gave me is in my saddlebag.

I'm so waiting to get pulled over too, just so I can be sarcastic w/ the cop. Yes Officer, I know why you pulled me over... You just wanted to pull me over so you could get a closer look at my super awesome bike!

Now as far as driving a cage, I average a speeding ticket a year for the last 7 years. :shock: . I've actually been slowing it down a lot lately though, I stay within 10 over the limit unless emotion gets me and I pass someone creeping by.
[img]http://www.skel3tor1.com/images/bikesigtm.jpg[/img]
Michael
Honda Rebel 250
[url=http://www.skel3tor1.com/main/blogs/index.php?blog=9]View[/url] my motorcycle blog or [url=http://www.youtube.com/skel3tor1]Watch[/url] my videos.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#15 Unread post by ofblong »

Skel3tor1 wrote:Great stories so far. Been back on a bike now for two weeks and I'm waiting to get pulled over. I ordered a custom tag from the DMV that is going to take about 3 months maximum to arrive in the mail so in the meantime, my temp paper tag they gave me is in my saddlebag.

I'm so waiting to get pulled over too, just so I can be sarcastic w/ the cop. Yes Officer, I know why you pulled me over... You just wanted to pull me over so you could get a closer look at my super awesome bike!

Now as far as driving a cage, I average a speeding ticket a year for the last 7 years. :shock: . I've actually been slowing it down a lot lately though, I stay within 10 over the limit unless emotion gets me and I pass someone creeping by.
lol the only time I ever get a ticket (it seems) when im in my cage is if im doing more than 13mph over the speed limit. so far on my bike I havent gone more than 10 over the speed limit.

kilroy
Rookie
Rookie

got one recently..

#16 Unread post by kilroy »

I got pulled over 3 blocks from home.Was doin' 10 over.No plates,insurance,registration.Was just taking an untraveled backstreet to try to get a miss out of one of the 4 cly.(just got the bike running after 5 yrs sitting).Anyway,was honest bout' it with him,he came back WITH A WARNING TICKET TO SLOW DOWN!He said not to let it happen again..been riding on the street for 20+ years,this was my 2nd ticket.First was 18yrs ago.popped a wheelie on my RD350,got a ticket for "exhibition driving".The ticket gods have been good to me...IMO the law needs to concentrate on the cagers with cell phones.. :frusty:
Current rides;
1982 yam xj1100
1982 suz Gs1100
1981 yam xs400
1997 suz LS650

fred1094
Rookie
Rookie

#17 Unread post by fred1094 »

I've been on the street for 11 years, and never pulled over. I do get nervous, because my bike is stripped of all unecessary crap like signals,mirrors,speedo. does anyone know if you need mirrors and a speedo in pa. bike is a '77. I've never had it inspected,but i do keep insurance current and registered too.

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#18 Unread post by -Holiday »

got pulled over for the first time in 12 years last summer. I was exiting a hospital parking lot. The cop was in the parking lot too, and followed me out. I was in full gear, riding my fj1200. I drove exceptionally slow because the cop was obviously following me. We made it about 2 blocks when the lights went on. I pulled over right away. He came up and said that he was motioning me to pull my visor down. I thought he was motioning me it was my turn to makr the turn out of the parking lot. i normally always wear eye protection, but often when its hot i dont put my visor down because I have sunglasses on, and even then I dont do it until i get some speed. Well i guess i got nervous with him behind me and i never put it down, and I wasn wearing sunglasses.

He asked me if I have a motorcycle cycle license. I said yes. He says a license not a permit right? I said yes.

Then he let me go. Didnt run any plates or anything.
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s
Vespa Rally 200 in pieces

[img]http://www.brian-payne.com/bikes/VisitedStatesMap.jpg[/img]

Rydr
Elite
Elite

Stopped by Police

#19 Unread post by Rydr »

I've been stopped by the Police three times in the last 10 years. Twice for speeding and once at a road block where they were doing a seat-belt check on cars and motorcycle license, registration & insurance on riders. Back in the sixties when I started riding I was pulled over a couple of time a week during the riding season. I think the Police thought it was just good sport. :laughing:

Fast Eddy B
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 02 Fazer FZS600

#20 Unread post by Fast Eddy B »

I got pulled over on a really slippery evening. I was going around the manhole covers on an off camber corner, and a minute later I got the telltale red and blue, followed by a blast of siren.

The cop took his time running my plates, then knowing I was safe got out and walked up to the bike. Helmet off, I started...

"Hello officer, what's the problem?"

"That's a nice bike you got there. But I've got to ask you a simple question. Have you been drinking this evening?"

Knowing I was a dry as a....(I'll save that analogy for later) I got a little cheeky...

" Not a drop! Why do you ask?"

"A half mile back there I noticed you weaving...and I need to be sure you haven't been drinking this evening."

"Weaving officer? Honestly, that couldn't have been me sir. Maybe you saw another biker on a CBR, because that wasn't me..."

"How can you be so sure about that, I'm a rider too, and we all drift now and again..."

"Weaving officer? Nope, wasn't me. I'll tell you how I know!"

"Go ahead."

"I couldn't possibly have been weaving, I CAN'T EVEN KNIT!!!!!"

Ha, hope you laughed at that one! And you all can try to debate the truth from the improvements my memory added to that one!
02 Fazer 600