How does riding make you feel?

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#41 Unread post by Loonette »

Carmy, you are so right on! The spine should have a natural curve that allows it to have a "leaf spring" type bow inward. This posture is supported by being on a standard as well as a sports bike. They say that very tall people should avoid cruisers because it causes the rider to slouch and their spines to bow outward - very bad. Because I'm so short, I have to sit very close to the front of my bike, and it allows me to have the same seating posture as taller person may have on a standard. I know that riding a bike for the past 18 months has kept me quite strong, inside as well as out.

And what you said about the adrenaline is true. Pumping adrenaline always pushes up our level of endorphins - for our "survival". It's such a happy rush. Biking is so therapeutic for me in many ways.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Sarek
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

#42 Unread post by Sarek »

I didn't know riding could be good for a back. That's definitely encouraging. If it ever warms up enough I'm going to start riding to and from work. 70 miles a day ought to build up some muscles in no time. Hope I'm not too tired to work in between riding. :lol:

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#43 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

Sarek, a top consultant from a Manchester University hospital says biking is good for your back. Helps strenghten muscles around the spine. If I didnt ride the bike, muscles around the spine and in my legs, would be wasted away, cause I cant exercise. But where I'm riding on bike my muscles are kept in tone. Which then means my spine doesnt keep dislocating from pelvis, cause that is what happens to me if muscles are weak, So not only is biking good for you physically, its also good mentally, keeps your spirits lifted, Way to go! 8)
Totally agree with you Loonette, Biking is Theraputic!
I'm not riding fast...........Just flying low!

Brooke
Rookie
Rookie

#44 Unread post by Brooke »

When I ride I just feel like I'm on top of everything, even when I make dumb little mistakes or putt along like the newbie I am.
BUT the thing I've noticed most since I've been riding is how good I feel generally all the time, and I know it's directly connected to the challenge and pleasure of learning something so cool, and in some ways, forbidden.
I love a challenge, I love the sense of relaxation and awareness....that's all spilled over into my "regular" living, and it makes me a better person!
I feel like I could do anything! and it's not being cocky or self absorbed.
It's simply a quiet truth.
Anyone else know what I mean?

barmy_carmy
Legendary
Legendary

#45 Unread post by barmy_carmy »

I know exactly what you mean Brooke. When we havent been out for a while on bike, we start getting very grouchy. But when we can get out on bike, that good feeling stays with you when you get home. And in your life as general. I can remember when we first got a bike after a long break even the children noticed how much happier we both were, and commented on the fact. Great innit? :P
I'm not riding fast...........Just flying low!

Brooke
Rookie
Rookie

#46 Unread post by Brooke »

B-C, it's awesome that your kids noticed how much better your moods were after riding. They're clued in!
One of my daughters just hates that I ride, she fears for my safety and thinks I'm crazy. The other is totally behind me and she actually was the one to finally convince my husband I would be okay. And all my son says is, "I'm glad you're having fun Mum."
Safe and happy riding to you :D

Digginit
Regular
Regular

#47 Unread post by Digginit »

It's SUCH a huge stress relief. I feel so at ease and relaxed. Euphoria. I've also skydived for 11 years. It makes me feel EXACTLY the same way. Since I'm not able to jump right now, I'm riding a WHOLE lot more. What a way to spend a weekend. I do wish I had more women in my riding group. Yesterday it was me and 6 men.... They're all very good friends, and 3 of them are jumping buddies. But I do long for more estrogen around....

linz
Some days it's just not worth gnawing through the straps

PR Flower Lady
Rookie
Rookie

Like a totally different person ...

#48 Unread post by PR Flower Lady »

Riding takes me away from everything ... provides mini vacation trips ... open adventures ... new air, people, thoughts, the unexpected ... best thing that has crossed my rebelious mind in a looong time !!!