Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Fischer MRX motorcycle ready for mass-production

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Fischer MRX motorcycle ready for mass-production
August 23, 2006 - Mike Le Pard - Total Motorcycle - www.totalmotorcycle.com

Fischer MRX MSRP $7995

The Fischer MRX has been completely redesigned for mass-production!

Features:
Beautiful Glynn Kerr design with composite body panels
Cast aluminum 3-piece main frame, 2-piece alloy swingarm
GP chassis geometry for optimal control
Easy to ride- around town or at the limit
Ohlins rear shock with Gemini linkage
Inverted forks with compression and rebound adjustments and Fischer-developed road and track settings
Liquid-cooled 90 degree V-Twin with DOHC, 4-valve heads for a user-friendly, high-torque powerband
Comfortable seat
Many available upgrades

You'll skip breakfast to go ride your MRX.
The Fischer MRX may be gorgeous, but it's no high-maintenance Prima Donna. The MRX was designed from the very beginning to be a rider's motorcycle, one that can log hard miles because it's comfortable, easy to ride, and solidly put together.

When you walk up to the MRX, you'll be awed by the beautiful lines. Climbing aboard you'll appreciate the comfortable seat and riding position, and the high-tech rider communications pod, with the large, backlit tachometer, the cool light tracers that follow the tach needle, the digital speedometer, multiple temperature gages for coolant and oil, and the fuel level gage. Built in lap, zero to 60, zero to 100, and 1/4 mile timers make this a fun track bike, too.

What's it like To ride?

The engine fires to life willingly, and within a minute it's choke 'off' and ready to roll. As you pull away you'll notice just how easy it is to ride a torquey V-twin around town- the MRX pulls from anywhere in the rev range. The confidence-inspiring light weight and low chassis make for a fun ride. From 3,000 to 10,000 RPM, the MRX has power on demand.

In the curves the MRX shines again. The mass is set so low and centralized that it seems as though the bike can read your mind- it turns in that willingly. And when leaned over it is just plain stable; the multi-adjustable inverted forks and Ohlins rear shock soaking up any bumps. The MRX has zero tendency to stand up under braking when leaned over, inspiring greater confidence than any bike you've ridden- it's really that good. The chassis was derived from the Harley Davidson VR1000 Superbike. As developed by Championship-winning road racers Miguel Duhamel, Scott Russell, and Doug Chandler, the VR1000 Superbike was considered perhaps the best chassis package in all of motorcycle racing, derived as it was from the GP bikes of the era. You can feel that legacy on the MRX. While the rear shock is a well-sorted Ohlins unit and the compliant inverted front forks with compression and rebound adjustments really let you enjoy the GP-like chassis geometry.

The MRX is solidly built, light weight, with a great chassis and suspension, and a smooth, powerful motor, all in a beautiful, exotic package at a great price. That's the MRX- The American Exotic.

2006 Fischer MRX Specifications

ENGINE
Engine type 647 cc liquid-cooled 90 degree V-twin
Bore and Stroke 81.55mm X 62.0mm
Compression Ratio 11.47:1
Valve Train DOHC four valves per cylinder
Carburetion Dual Mikuni 39mm
Ignition Computer-controlled digital with variable mapping
DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission Six speed
Final drive 525 O-ring sealed chain
Chassis/Suspension/Brakes
Front suspension 43mm inverted telescopic with compression and rebound adjustment
Rear Suspension Ohlins PR43
Front Brake Dual 310mm disc
Rear Brake Single 210 mm disc
Front Tire 120/70 ZR-17 radial
Rear Tire 160/60 ZR-17 radial
DIMENSIONS
rake 24.0 degrees
Trail 3.86 inches/98.0 mm
Wheelbase 55 inches / 1397 mm
Seat height 31.5 inches / 800 mm
Dry Weight, MRX 387 lbs / 166.47 kg
Dry Weight, MRX (SP) 347 lbs / 157.4 kg
Dry Weight, MRX (Race) 332 lbs / 150.59 kg
Fuel capacity 4.5 gallons / 17.03 liter
PERFORMANCE
Horsepower, rear wheel 77 @ 9400 RPM
Torque 52 @ 7500 RPM
Specifications subject to change without notice
Last edited by totalmotorcycle on Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

So....What do you think of the new All-American Fischer sportbike?

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#3 Unread post by VermilionX »

$1000 more expensive than the SV650S w/ a full fairing.

BUT looking at its specs... even if you spend $1000 on a SV650S... it still won't perform to the specs of this new bike. it's got a lot of race components.

plus, 77whp is great... an SV650 doesn't even make 77 even at the crank.

im looking forward to the reviews on this bike.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The Crimson Rider® wrote:$1000 more expensive than the SV650S w/ a full fairing.

BUT looking at its specs... even if you spend $1000 on a SV650S... it still won't perform to the specs of this new bike. it's got a lot of race components.

plus, 77whp is great... an SV650 doesn't even make 77 even at the crank.

im looking forward to the reviews on this bike.
...so what your sayin' is it's one T-I-G-H-T motorcycle. :D

Mike.

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#5 Unread post by VermilionX »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
...so what your sayin' is it's one T-I-G-H-T motorcycle. :D

Mike.
looks promising to say the least.

i'll never buy one since i don't want to own 2 sportbikes... if get lucky enough own another bike, it will be a supermoto.

but this new one gets my vote over the SV650S.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

xjustice9x
Regular
Regular

#6 Unread post by xjustice9x »

I think it looks great.

It may start around $8K, but if you start adding on some of their options it could get pricey pretty quick. I'd be perfectly happy with a stock one.

OoJRod06oO
Veteran
Veteran

#7 Unread post by OoJRod06oO »

That's a beautiful bike. Maybe I should rethink my next bike choice. :lol:

That bike in black with silver highlights... :jawdrop:
Although I don't know if I like having the tail split with that exhaust exposed. I'd put a cover over that.

OoJRod06oO
Veteran
Veteran

#8 Unread post by OoJRod06oO »

Okay, so this thread made me pretty curious about this bike so I found some more info and thought I'd share it.

http://www.onewheeldrive.net/index.php? ... view&id=84
Fischer MRX 650 American Superbike
By OWD
Tuesday, 17 February 2004

It wasn't a big booth, but it contained a testament to what giving up 3 years of your life to a passion and vision can do. It's Dan Fischer's dream: the Fischer MRX 650, "the first American Superbike" - consensus around the booth was that the Buell didn't qualify; we didn't go there. The bike on display is the third prototype in the series and will be going to production in August for a limited run. The price? The MRX 650 will go for approximately $9995.00 USD when it begins its first limited production run this August.

The production model will see some changes; a pillion seat (cowling style), lack of the supercharger indicated on the prototype, bigger mirrors, and, one of the cooler design concepts we've heard of, a translucent strip (seen as carbon-fiber in the photo) "splitting" the tank cover and revealing a clear fuel tank and air box below.

The engine is a 90-degree liquid-cooled v-twin developing 77 hp at 9400rpm. It bears an uncanny resemblance to the Suzuki SV650's heart; no coincidence since the engine is supplied by a team from Korea's Hyosung, one of whose members is one of the original designers of the SV. This engine also sees use in Hyosung's "SV-inspired" Comet 650, making its appearance as early as March in the US under the Alpha mark. In the case of the Fischer MRX, however, don't expect the same mild-mannered characteristics; we suspect the glasses, business-suit, and nebbish attitude have been left in the phone booth.

The American company Gemini Technology Systems, instrumental in the development of the earlier Harley Davidson VR-1000 "superbike" (we're not going there either), which debuted in 1990 and was "killed" in 2001, refined the top end of the new power plant. They are also responsible for the development of the MRX's chassis; the geometry was developed out of research on a number of currently manufactured offerings as well as the known specs for MotoGP bikes. The bike's styling is largely the work of British motorcycle designer Glynn Kerr. The result is a bike with an origami-meets-neo-Tokyo angular edge and potentially best-of-class handling.

In one of the best quotes of the show, Dan Fischer was heard to say, "...ugly bikes don't go fast!" That being the case, the Maryland manufactured MRX should be a cooker.

Estimated MSRP: $9995.00
Looking for more on the MRX? Read our interview with Dan Fischer!

We have more recent Spy Shots Here!

Here's some newer photos: http://www.onewheeldrive.net/index.php? ... 49&Itemid=

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#9 Unread post by ZooTech »

Ugly bike with questionable reliability and service. What's not to love?

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#10 Unread post by jmillheiser »

considering what its packing at that price I think its at least worth a look. Now to just go down to my friendly local Fischer dealer, oh wait, I have no clue where ANY Fischer dealers are