ronboskz650sr
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by ronboskz650sr »

Idiot is such a strong word....
Ride safe...God bless!
-Ron
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/ronboskz650sr/avatartotal.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/ronboskz650sr/wholebikeavatar2.jpg[/img]

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gives you something to think about as you are grinning ear to ear riding your motorcycle and laughing at the car drivers on a hot day. :D

Mike.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#13 Unread post by blues2cruise »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Gives you something to think about as you are grinning ear to ear riding your motorcycle and laughing at the car drivers on a hot day. :D

Mike.
My car has air conditioning. My Joe Rocket jacket does not. Hmmmm....I guess I'll be hot this summer.

Unfortunately there are idiots everywhere. Tragically around here where I live, the idiots are the young kids who still think they are invincible and have been going out and killing themselves....no cagers involved. In the last while there have been several deaths of young men with brand new learner's permits on brand new sport bikes losing control.....What will it take to stop the carnage?

Telesque
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#14 Unread post by Telesque »

blues2cruise wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:Gives you something to think about as you are grinning ear to ear riding your motorcycle and laughing at the car drivers on a hot day. :D

Mike.
My car has air conditioning. My Joe Rocket jacket does not. Hmmmm....I guess I'll be hot this summer.

Unfortunately there are idiots everywhere. Tragically around here where I live, the idiots are the young kids who still think they are invincible and have been going out and killing themselves....no cagers involved. In the last while there have been several deaths of young men with brand new learner's permits on brand new sport bikes losing control.....What will it take to stop the carnage?
Idiot-sensitive birth control?
-'95 Honda VT600CD / 'Shadow VLX Deluxe'
-'84 Ruestman WTF606

"[The four stroke] cycle is basically this -SUCK, SQUEEZE, BURN, and BLOW." -Dan's Motorcycle Repair Guide.
http://www.dansmc.com/MC_repaircourse.htm

FZrider
Regular
Regular

Re: Who's the biggest idiot!!

#15 Unread post by FZrider »

1524montana wrote:The other day while I was having my bike serviced, I was talking with a real old timer (72 years old). I was complaining about all the idiots in cages and how they do stupid things that put us in danger. The "old timer" grabbed me with both hands by my collar and said, "We're the idiots, not them, and don't you forget it!!!"

I never thought of it that way. What do you think??

RZ
Perhaps the wisdom behind the old-timer's words lies in their result; look where he made you redirect your attention from and to.
I love to travel, But hate to arrive --Albert Einstein

DustyJacket
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#16 Unread post by DustyJacket »

BuzZz wrote:Who was in the right and who was in the wrong means nothing, except to the lawyers after your road-pizza. ........ Even if it means cages get away with whatever they want.....
My point exactly. Park the ego when you get on the bike.
Back off and let that car go into the lane rather than challenge it.

One think I learned in martial arts training, and police work: there is always someone (something) out there that is bigger and badder than you, and you WILL lose if you get into an altercation.
Bikers Against Child Abuse - Kansas City Chapter
www.bacainternational.org

Bill and Pete do the Dragon's Tail at Deal's Gap:
www.dustyjacket.com/dragon/index.html

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#17 Unread post by blues2cruise »

[quote="DustyJacket"]
My point exactly. Park the ego when you get on the bike.
Back off and let that car go into the lane rather than challenge it.

quote]

That is such good advice. I met a fellow on the ferry last weekend who is lucky to be alive. Or at least uninjured. He let his ego get in the way.

He was showing me the black scrapes on his engine guards on his big BMW bike. They were tire marks from a car that tried to run him off the road.

He was explaining that the car was driving just a few feet behind him making it painfully obvious he didn't like being behind the bike. Eventually the car driver got ticked enough that he pulled up beside the guy on the BMW and shoved him with his car causing the tires to scrape on the guards. It's remarkable he didn't lose control and ride right off the road. Judging from the way he was talking, although that incident scared him, his ego is still very much intact.

I would have pulled over.

Telesque
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#18 Unread post by Telesque »

blues2cruise wrote:the car driver got ticked enough that he pulled up beside the guy on the BMW and shoved him with his car
This is the kind of thing that puts people in the cemetary. Cager, biker, or both. And that's regardless of whether anyone crashes.
-'95 Honda VT600CD / 'Shadow VLX Deluxe'
-'84 Ruestman WTF606

"[The four stroke] cycle is basically this -SUCK, SQUEEZE, BURN, and BLOW." -Dan's Motorcycle Repair Guide.
http://www.dansmc.com/MC_repaircourse.htm

chickenhawk
Veteran
Veteran

#19 Unread post by chickenhawk »

I think I'd have peed my pants LMAO :roll2:

chickenhawk
Veteran
Veteran

#20 Unread post by chickenhawk »

I mean about the original quote that the old guy said!