Work has begun

XJRJohn
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by XJRJohn »

the ugly reat is now complete,ive hidden the rought edges and built a light box.couple of bays should see it running with the present motor.
kal,if youre sure you dont want that 400 motor ,how about the sissy bar and the collector box for it?and ill throw in a ride on the beast.xjrjohn
biking isnt a matter of life or death,its far more important(bill shankley,well almost)

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 1998 Kawasaki GPZ500S

#12 Unread post by Kal »

I'm not using that motor anytime soon, to be honest I'm not sure how much it needs to bring it back to life...
It is a bit of a barn find
I need to figure out how to get it past herself but it shouldn't be a problem! :)
I need a some 'help' making the supporting brackets for the sissybar and I was wondering if I could hijack your radiator surrounds if you've not got plans for them.
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

GPZ500S, CB250N, GB250Clubman

XJRJohn
Elite
Elite

#13 Unread post by XJRJohn »

sounds like a deal to me.looks a perfectly good superdream mill.whats wrong with it?a bit of a kick and some chewing gum,soon have it running.ive got more super dream parts than honda so it shouldnt be a problem.only question now,how soon is dave coming over yours in his car?hes a good lad is dave.xjrjohn
biking isnt a matter of life or death,its far more important(bill shankley,well almost)

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#14 Unread post by Kal »

As far as I was told it came out of a running superdream and I've never taken it apart. However it did live in the bike pit at ours with the ivy as a rainguard.

That'd be cool, saves me taking the radiator up to him in a rucksack :) Even if he dosn't answer his phone or reply to queries on his Live journal!
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

DukanMortis
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#15 Unread post by DukanMortis »

Kal wrote:As far as I was told it came out of a running superdream and I've never taken it apart. However it did live in the bike pit at ours with the ivy as a rainguard.

That'd be cool, saves me taking the radiator up to him in a rucksack :) Even if he dosn't answer his phone or reply to queries on his Live journal!
A) I was asleep when you phoned.
B) The specific details required to answer the querie on LJ are not something which I wish for everyone to know.

Should be able to come up at the weekend, if thats ok.
Due to financial cut-backs, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice!

1996 Honda CB500 (x2)
1992 Honda CBR900 RRN Fireblade

XJRJohn
Elite
Elite

#16 Unread post by XJRJohn »

Thats sound by me,If you could call at mine first(Anytime)and pick these bits up for Kal.That would be absolutely spiffing.You can peruse the awesome beast in the flesh(Or metal as the case may be).xjrjohn

XJRJohn
Elite
Elite

#17 Unread post by XJRJohn »

Shock horror,The beast lives.We have actually ridden the thing.Not far as its a long way from being finished.It still has the 250 motor in it and the original exhaust.,But these might stay till we m.o.t it.Just a few jobs to do,Like brakes would be useful,rear lights and indicators.We might get it on the road yet.xjrjohn

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#18 Unread post by Kal »

having it legally on the road is deeply, deeply wrong...
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

Madmaxim85
Rookie
Rookie

#19 Unread post by Madmaxim85 »

It looks pi$$ed...

Is it staring at me?
Eric "Mad Maxim"
1985 Yamaha Maxim X XJ700XN
Lansing, MI
http://madmaxim.blogspot.com

XJRJohn
Elite
Elite

#20 Unread post by XJRJohn »

I am seriously considering leaving that motor as it is,Just work on the internals and get it running.It turns over quite nicely.xjrjohn