LADIES - if not one thing, it's another

bluemonkie99
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

LADIES - if not one thing, it's another

#1 Unread post by bluemonkie99 »

So, I think I've gotten over many of my fears of riding. I took the BRC course and had a great time. When i got home i couldn't wait to try out my bike. well, it still needed one more piece before my boyfriend was done fixing it. it came in the mail last week and he was going to put it in this past weekend. well....saturday and sunday morning we were at the motorcycle range with Apex cycles. my boyfriend was training to be a ridercoach and i was range aiding (a little extra cash, a lot of extra knowledge) we never made it home sunday afternoon. i was in a car crash off I-66, fishtailed and spun into the guard rail, totaling my car. we were both able to walk away. my boyfriend did shatter his humerous bone (upper arm) and had to undergo emergency surgery to fix it. he's home now and doing well, bored and uncomfortable, but the splint and bandage come off today. (you can actually read his blog on tmf to get more of the story...storysunfolding) so in the end, we are incredibly lucky. i now am dealing with insurance and finding a lawyer to get the reckless charges dropped ( i was going 35mph, and hit the ridgeline - uneven pavement, 2.5-3" difference - in the lane as i was merging over and never had the chance to regain control) the motorcycle may be the only option now...too bad, it never did get that part put in...we'll see if the amazing boyfriend can talk me through it. lucklily, he should be back riding within a couple months or even weeks depending on how things look when the splint comes off.
"No one dies a virgin, Life screws us all."

2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250, a.k.a Rawley
1985 Honda VF 500c Magna V30 (my enemy)

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#2 Unread post by Loonette »

Oh, what terrible news. I'm glad that you both walked away with only the one injury. I hope "Storysunfolding" recovers quickly. You will be able to install the new part on your bike with his instruction - it'll be fun! Good luck with the legal issues...

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

Nalian
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#3 Unread post by Nalian »

I'm glad you're both OK! Good luck with the lawyer.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Shorts »

Holy cow! Glad you two are ok. And you got a wreckless driving charge??? That's mentally challenged. What ever happened to 'good old accident'? Anyway, I hope that gets cleared up too, that's a real hassel.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#5 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I have a friend who is a va state trooper who said that even w/o a lawyer single vehicle crashes for reckless are very likely to be reduced to a lower charge. Mon will have a lawyer, witnesses saying she was going 15 mph UNDER the limit on a clear sunny day and can give testimony to the road being crappy and lacking warning.

The part i need to put on her bike is a head gasket. while i could walk mon through it, we have a mechanic room mate willing to do it for us so she'll have her bike up and running this saturday. on a side note are these good pants for her? http://www.newenough.com/ladies_firstge ... s_page.htm
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#6 Unread post by jstark47 »

storysunfolding wrote:I have a friend who is a va state trooper who said that even w/o a lawyer single vehicle crashes for reckless are very likely to be reduced to a lower charge. Mon will have a lawyer, witnesses saying she was going 15 mph UNDER the limit on a clear sunny day and can give testimony to the road being crappy and lacking warning.
Having to defend herself in court is still totally mentally challenged, coming on top of losing her car, the injury to you, and she's probably feeling stressed and guilty and everything. That's the state for ya, wait til you're already down and then kick you some more....
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

bluemonkie99
Regular
Regular

#7 Unread post by bluemonkie99 »

Shorts wrote: And you got a wreckless driving charge???
The "wreckless" made me laugh....after all, i did wreck my car.

Jstark47 - you hit the nail on the head. i've been feeling incredibly guilty and can't stop crying (productive, i know) in addition to feeling royally screwed by circumstance.

as my brother puts it..."that sucks"

and as pathetic as it is, i really loved my car. it was my first car, had it for four years this month, and it was a place i could go to sit and think.

one thing though, i feel incredibly nervous driving now...but i still want to get back on my bike. thank goodness that fear didn't return.
"No one dies a virgin, Life screws us all."

2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250, a.k.a Rawley
1985 Honda VF 500c Magna V30 (my enemy)

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#8 Unread post by storysunfolding »

bluemonkie99 wrote: one thing though, i feel incredibly nervous driving now...but i still want to get back on my bike. thank goodness that fear didn't return.
she's a great driver. we were sent into an uncontrollable fishtail from that damned road and were surrounded by traffic. Mon somehow managed to get us off the road w/o hitting a single one.

We'll have her on her bike for some parking lot practice soon. You guys should see the smile on her face when you even mention the word weave. Her eyes light up in the most beautiful way and the smile is devilish :laughing:
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#9 Unread post by sharpmagna »

storysunfolding wrote:on a side note are these good pants for her? http://www.newenough.com/ladies_firstge ... s_page.htm
I have the Male version of these pants and they are OK. My biggest beef is that it doesn't have any pockets! WTF, no pockets is what you're thinking. Yup, no pockets. It has pockets on the inside of the pants for armour and I stuff my wallet in there, but I have to dig inside my pants if I need it :laughing: :laughing:

They are not very thick so it is mainly a warm weather pant. They have stretch panels which are nice and allow a lot more air into the crotch area.
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]