LADIES - Women are allowed in other forums, too.

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#11 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

ArcticHarleyMan wrote:
Loonette wrote:
Shorts wrote:...from a new guy... he's been scowering and posting to all threads great and small for the last 5hrs.
Good point - I didn't even check into that, but you're right. Honestly, I do think that he thinks he's being cool - some guys, through their upbringing or whatever, feel that it's their job to "help" and "fix" things for women, even when we're not asking. Oh well... hopefully the hint has been taken.

Cheers,
Loonette
#1 I don't "scower", but maybe I was SCOURING.
#2. As for being here for 5 hours, you're probably right. My scoot is parked for the winter and I can't sleep tonight. And I'm retired, so why not scour, as you say, the boards to see what's going on with other riders, BOTH male & female.
#3. I don't particularily think I'm being "cool", whatever that implies.
#4. As for "helping", why not help? Is it forbidden to offer advice?
#5. I have no intention of "fixing" anything
#6. I mentioned the length of time I have been riding only to give my suggestions creedence. Would you rather take advice as being sound from a person who just bought a bike yesterday and has only ridden it once, or from a person with 50 years riding experience, having never crashed or been even given a citation?
#7. I do admit, and I thank whoever it was that pointed it out to me, that there are women on the other boards. I just don't bother with the names, etc., only the content of the posts. I am not gender biased.

So, in light being slammed on this board, I will not offer anymore suggestions here.

Hint taken (tucks tail & runs, knowing better than to mess with a pack of women). :oops: :santa:
If you'd wandered into a ladies restroom by mistake, you'd apologize, right? I would HOPE you'd also at least also have the decency to act embarrased at making such a mistake.

An apology is all that was in order. Not excuses or explanations as to why you would post in what is clearly labled the "LADIES LOUNGE."

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#12 Unread post by Loonette »

ArcticHarleyMan wrote:#4. As for "helping", why not help? Is it forbidden to offer advice?
Forbidden? No. But in the Ladies' Lounge it is considered proper etiquette to wait until asked for advise before offering. Nobody here asked whether or not they were allowed to post in the other forums. And your years of riding experience offer absolutely no credence to the suggestion that we get out into the other forums.

ArcticHarleyMan wrote: #7. ...there are women on the other boards. I just don't bother with the names...
Well, maybe you should pay closer attention before assuming that you, as a new member, know so much about the scores of active members here.

ArcticHarleyMan wrote: So, in light being slammed on this board, I will not offer anymore suggestions here.
Good idea. And the only reason you were slammed is because this is the "Ladies' Lounge" and you truly did overstep a boundary with your unsolicited advice. Did you invite all the Harley members in the Harley forum to visit the other forums? - treating them like a bunch of dingbats who don't know how to navigate these discussion boards? No - you reserved that for the little ladies. I believe that you are a bit gender biased, but don't see it for yourself.

With my moderator's hat on, I'm going to lock this thread. Not because of how irritated I am with you on a personal level, but because the thread didn't belong here in the first place. Adios.
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600