LADIES - What would you do?

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#21 Unread post by Nalian »

In any relationship its really easy to make the other person sound like an "O Ring". As long as you're happy thats all that matters. :)

deedee1
Elite
Elite

#22 Unread post by deedee1 »

Yes i am happy with him. He is really a great guy. Trust me he has more patients than I especially putting up with me :laughing:

Have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

darsek
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#23 Unread post by darsek »

Hi DeeDee,

I know I've said something along these lines before in a post to you but it was so helpful for me to go out and ride around the neighborhood by myself for the most part. This way I could ride around the usual places, then if I felt good I could try a different kind of street, tackle some traffic lights, etc, all without having to communicate or explain myself to someone else.
I'm so glad my BF and I learned how to ride at the same time...it's a disaster when he tries to teach me stuff. I have learned that it is best for me to get lessons and learn at my own pace, without him around. As much as they want to teach us our BF's and hubbies have not been taught how to teach (an MSF course instructor has).

Good luck and have fun! I would ride with you if you were nearby, maybe one of the ladies here is in your area.

deedee1
Elite
Elite

#24 Unread post by deedee1 »

I have been riding without hubby. Before he gets home from work. I told him that i need to take thing easy and if he doesn't like it oh well. He has started staying back with me so thats a step in the right direction lol. My MSF course starts next friday and I can't wait.

He and Ihave buttedheads over this. We were going down to the motorcycle store about an hour away and he and i talked about it. I told him that first of all he really upset me because I wanted to show him that i had finally gotten this down and all he could do was nit pick me. He apologised and said that wasn't his intention and that he really thought I was doing good. Second his keep up with me approach makes me uncomfortable could he please stay with me and he said that the reason he does it is so I will give it more gas. I told him that when I am ready to jet off like he does I will. So please stay with me. He said ok. I told him when I am ready we will be riding off and he will be the one needing to catch up lol.

I think it turned out well and I got my new helmet out of the deal to :D So I think he and I are ont eh same page. We will see what happens today when we go out to ride.

have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

Candy750
Legendary
Legendary

#25 Unread post by Candy750 »

Sounds like both of you are coming along great! Just the fact that he'll stay back with you is huge!!

Don't let that "nit picking" get to you. Hear it as "I love you , I want you to be safe..."
Candy 750

deedee1
Elite
Elite

#26 Unread post by deedee1 »

That is the way I am taking it now. We are having fun. I tired the cones yesterday to try and get some more practice in. Was that not fun. i almost dropped my bike :oops:. He waved me back in and told me slow down. You are going way to fast. I was like i am going so slow my speed isn't even registering on my speedo. He said I know that but you need to slow down use your brake and I got smart with him a bit lol and he was like don"t be like that I am just trying to tell ya if ya keep it up your gonna go down and get hurt.

So we are working in it and I need to relax and not get so defensive.

Have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

NJ-Pinay
Veteran
Veteran

#27 Unread post by NJ-Pinay »

Dee - post pics when you can of your bike and gear!

Keep rockin girl and ride safe!
Blue 05 GS500F - no mods yet!

viragomama
Rookie
Rookie

#28 Unread post by viragomama »

I have to say the hubby is good about saying you are doing better, but you need to learn to do this. He does it in a good way though and does try. I do however think he is frustrated with trying to teach me and the fact that the weather around here has really stunk doesn't help much because I can't get the ride time in to practice.

NightNurse
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#29 Unread post by NightNurse »

Sorry, but your husband sounds like an "O Ring". If my boyfriend talked to me that way, he would get told off big time.

My bf brags to everyone about how well I am doing, always tells me - great job, you are doing awesome, that was a great stop, your turns are really getting good, etc...

I would think any man who likes to ride, would be excited his girl is getting into it, and give praise, and be patient, kind and make her feel good about her riding. NOT discourage her.

I dont expect my boyfriend to treat me with kid gloves and sugar coat "poo poo", but come on! If Im doing good, its great to hear it - especially in this learning stage.

motorcyclinmama
Regular
Regular

#30 Unread post by motorcyclinmama »

My hubby has taught me how to drive a car, and a bike. He has been so patient with me through it all, which is surprising: considsering he isn't a patient person normally.

He showed me all he could, and then said he wanted me to take the MSF course so I could learn things he couldn't teach me, or didn't know how to teach me. I was surprised at that as well, considering most men act like they know it all.

I am so lucky to have a guy like my hubby. If we get seperated by a red light or anything else he pulls over and waits for me. He always asks me if I want to lead or if I want him to, and he is always telling me what a great job he thinks I am doing. He says he is proud of me. It really makes learning a lot easier and more pleasurable.

And when he does give advice he does so gently. Like tonight. We were heading to Dairy Queen on the way home from our ride. The turns into the parking lot are VERY tricky, and with my new bike he was worried about me taking the corners. (They are really sharp, and up hill with a big hump) So at a red light he said be careful pulling into the parking lot. He then said this at the next 2 lights as well. When we finally got there I asked him if he thought I didn't realize this bike is heavier and harder to handle around corners. He told me he just wanted to "Help my beautiful wife, because those corners are even tricky for me. I love you and don't want to see you fall." I was like AWWW! :hug:

Anyway

I hope your hubby eases up on you a little. It would make it much easier. And more enjoyable.

Amy
You only live once!

We currently own:
Me== 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2007 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
Hubby== 2007 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT
2008 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

I have 2 beautiful sons Jason 17 and Brian 13