from 1000 to 750...

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#431 Unread post by VermilionX »

Shorts wrote:Verm again TAKE THE BLIND CURVES OUT OF THE EQUATION. Answer that or Mintbread's got you pegged, "Its easier to blame something else".
i just answered it.

im getting better practice turning left. so that's why im better at turning left.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#432 Unread post by Shorts »

The Crimson Rider® wrote:
Shorts wrote:Verm again TAKE THE BLIND CURVES OUT OF THE EQUATION. Answer that or Mintbread's got you pegged, "Its easier to blame something else".
i just answered it.

im getting better practice turning left. so that's why im better at turning left.
....so then complete the thought: I'm getting better practice at turning left. so that's why I'm better at turning left...._____________________________.

The answer is:Then if I want to get better at turning right, I should go practice more turns going right. :light:

So, go practice more on your right turns...and no verm, not in the stupid canyons. There's more to riding than just "canyons" (geez, you think your area is the only place in the world that has mountains, valleys and windy roads) :frusty:

So how about you go to a parking lot and grind out some hard right handers. I'm recalling my repressed memory of ERC...we did a lot of hard leaning curves in the lot, just to see how far to get the bike. Let me tell you, it went pretty damn far, until the pegs chimed in :shock:

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#433 Unread post by Shorts »

Aww heck, let me just complete another thought, why don't you go take an ERC?????????? While I trashed the heck out of my instructors when it was all said and done, the cornering drills we cranked out were to the bike's limit. It made a heck of a difference afterwards in feeling the bike and being confident in "normal" riding conditions in the curves.

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000

#434 Unread post by VermilionX »

Shorts wrote: So how about you go to a parking lot and grind out some hard right handers. I'm recalling my repressed memory of ERC...we did a lot of hard leaning curves in the lot, just to see how far to get the bike. Let me tell you, it went pretty damn far, until the pegs chimed in :shock:
yeah, i do plan to hit up a local parking lot some time.

remember the PLP? i think i'll join another one. i got some good right hander practice last time.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#435 Unread post by jstark47 »

Shorts wrote:So how about you go to a parking lot and grind out some hard right handers. I'm recalling my repressed memory of ERC...we did a lot of hard leaning curves in the lot, just to see how far to get the bike. Let me tell you, it went pretty damn far, until the pegs chimed in :shock:
Yeah, but grinding pegs on your husband's Vulcan cruiser is a little different than touching down a peg on a sportbike like Verm's gixxer.

(omigod...... I'm defending Verm!!! :shock: )
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000

#436 Unread post by VermilionX »

Shorts wrote:Aww heck, let me just complete another thought, why don't you go take an ERC?????????? While I trashed the heck out of my instructors when it was all said and done, the cornering drills we cranked out were to the bike's limit. It made a heck of a difference afterwards in feeling the bike and being confident in "normal" riding conditions in the curves.
i can have something like the ERC here. http://skillzday.com/

and i the good thing is i don't have to pay $250.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000

#437 Unread post by VermilionX »

jstark47 wrote:
thanks.

and yeah, my pegs are set to the highest and furthest spot.

sportbike pegs are higher than cruisers. and i have mine set to the highest.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#438 Unread post by Shorts »

jstark47 wrote:
Shorts wrote:So how about you go to a parking lot and grind out some hard right handers. I'm recalling my repressed memory of ERC...we did a lot of hard leaning curves in the lot, just to see how far to get the bike. Let me tell you, it went pretty damn far, until the pegs chimed in :shock:
Yeah, but grinding pegs on your husband's Vulcan cruiser is a little different than touching down a peg on a sportbike like Verm's gixxer.

lol

I'm certainly not implying Verm try to scrape his pegs. I was intending that he go out and cut the bike as hard as he can until he reaches the limit of 1) traction or 2) parts on the bike. I guess 3) would be comfort zone.

In our case, the pegs stopped us from leaning any further into the curve for that speed, so we had to back off the speed and take less lean in order to make it. In Verm's case, he can take those same corners at the same speeds and higher by having more clearance to lean farther.

After a good hard session in the parking lot, focused on hard cornering, it'll be a piece of cake back on the roads.

That's what I had pictured in my head - does that make sense? Now, I realize that Verm's already had a great chance or two to have good practice at cornering at the tracks because he can corner at speed. Since he said the track/canyon is mostly blind rights or very little rights at all, that allows for little confident practice at rights. So, go where you can practice confidently.

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000

#439 Unread post by VermilionX »

i can also just hit ACH more.

then i would be familiar w/ the turns so that even if i can't see it... i'll have a good idea how it curves.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#440 Unread post by Nalian »

The Crimson Rider® wrote:i can also just hit ACH more.

then i would be familiar w/ the turns so that even if i can't see it... i'll have a good idea how it curves.
Except you apparently miss your right hand turns 'cause they're blind. ;)