See Shorts ride

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#91 Unread post by Shorts »

Last edited by Shorts on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

#92 Unread post by mgdavis »

Hey, is your dad Hank Hill?
Close, but I'm nothing like Bobby. :lol:
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
Molon Labe!!!

Koss
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#93 Unread post by Koss »

Shorts wrote:DH is the one who brought "propane" into the marriage :ohmy:
:LOL2:

Oh I nearly passed out laughing at that.

yea I perfer smoking or using just plain ol' charcol, but I use my gas grill most of the time. The convience is just to good to pass up. At my grandparents house we have one of those giant barrel bbq's... mmm now thats good eatin'.

I want ribs now :crybaby:
http://www.livevideo.com/Koss

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#94 Unread post by Shorts »

isnowbrd
Legendary
Legendary

#95 Unread post by isnowbrd »

That is so crazy. You live over 5000 miles away and yet I had the same exact first snow experience Sunday night. It looks like we even got the same amount of snow.
ZZR600
VTR250 - Nothing quite like your first love

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#96 Unread post by mgdavis »

My first vehicle: a 1984 Dodge Ram 250 van with a 360ci and 3sp automatic. This was my parents vehicle, but it became my daily driver during high school. It was almost totally reliable, the charging system was the only thing that ever went out on me. It had five seatbelts, but I frequently carried as many as nine people. That V8 was a gashog, I averaged 9 mpg. Luckily gas was about a dollar a gallon while I was in school. The ceiling had been paneled at one point, but a water leak had forced the removal of the paneling in back, consequently a dome light hung directly behind the center-rear passenger. Whenever I applied the brakes vigorously (often) the light would swing foreward on its wire and hit the passenger in the back of the head. The van was also capable of some rather impressive burn-outs if I floored the accelerator while turning, the inside tire would smoke all the way through, and past, the intersection while producing large clouds of smoke. I eventually bought an '85 Ranger (POS) to replace it, and some time after that, the van went to an Uncle in Seattle. I got the pictures after it had been with him for awhile, the Dodge logo on the hood was intact when it left me. I miss that beast, many, many good times were had with it. My friends still speak of it with reverence.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/ ... CN0345.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/ ... CN0344.jpg
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#97 Unread post by Shorts »

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#98 Unread post by mgdavis »

I miss that big 360. Those are sweet engines. I remember getting into the throttle on steep hills, the transmission kicking down, and the torque shoving me back into that seat. I'd also head to a close-by dirt parking lot after school while the back was full of friends just so I could throw the tail around and watch everybody in back fly. :twisted:
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#99 Unread post by Wrider »

That's awesome mgdavis. Friend of mine had me in the back of his truck one time and hit the brakes hard. I was holding onto the tailgate, but ended up rolling all the way to the cab and knocking my head against it. He thought I was out for sure! :frusty: :laughing: And Shorts, that's a really nice truck you had, sorry you had to sell it, sounds like you did a lot to make it amazing! If it makes you feel any better, my first car was a 1992 Isuzu pickup. Stock. With a speaker system consisting of a portable cd player hooked up to computer speakers. (But I still beat on 04 Mustang GT off the line twice in a row!)
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#100 Unread post by mgdavis »

One time me and my buddy were hanging out. He was driving his Grandpa's little Nissan pickup. We head for the truck after cruising around the mall. he opens the drivers door, gets in, starts the truck, starts to roll away. Not being one to get left behind, I jump into the bed. He speeds up, I hang on. He hits the brakes while doing about 20 mph. I start sliding forward toward the rear window. My hands come up to catch myself. I do a cartoonish faceplant into the glass while he watches me in the mirror. He had to pull over and stop for about five minutes before he stopped laughing enough to drive. I still hear about that. :frusty:
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!