Need a bike wheel boot - any help?

scan
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Re: Need a bike wheel boot - any help?

#11 Unread post by scan »

flynrider wrote:
safety-boy wrote: I used to see a bolt to the floor wheel lock in British bike mags. Anyone know what these are called, or where to get one in the US?

--Dave
Kryptonite has one that anchors into a concrete slab :

http://www.kryptonitelock.com/inetisscr ... em&pgrp=20
This is what I use. The kit comes with all the concrete drilling bits and bolts you need to do the job. If someone really wants a bike though, there is little you can do to stop them. You can make it a bigger pain in the butt to get it though, I suppose. That is what I've done, is made it a real hassle to take my bike from where it is stored.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#12 Unread post by JC Viper »

Those wheel jacks work great. What about going the extra mile and installing a LoJack to locate the bike?
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

flynrider
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '93 Honda Nighthawk 750

Re: Need a bike wheel boot - any help?

#13 Unread post by flynrider »

scan wrote: If someone really wants a bike though, there is little you can do to stop them. You can make it a bigger pain in the butt to get it though, I suppose.
And that's what counts in the eye of the bike thief. You don't have to have expensive, unbeatable security (if it were possible). You just have to have better security than the similar bike parked on the next block. :laughing:

Once I took a buddy of mine flying into a backcountry wilderness strip that had a healthy supply of bears. When he asked about my tatics on what to do if I was chased by a bear, I simply told him, " I don't have to run faster than the bear. I just have to run faster than you!".
Bikin' John
'93 Honda CB750 Nighthawk