Who has a custom HOUSE? "Guy Space" for HGTV and L

Do you have a guys getaway area, garage or room?

Sure do and it's all mine
42%
Yes, but it's shared space
11%
No, not yet, but I'm planning it
37%
No, not my style
11%

Total votes: 19

lmno1
Rookie
Rookie

Who has a custom HOUSE? "Guy Space" for HGTV and L

#1 Unread post by lmno1 »

What's up guys,

I work for a show called "Guy Space" for HGTV and LMNO TV. We want to find guys who have tricked out a room in their house and made it into their private get-away. A guy room.

I figure guys who work on bikes probably also take the time to custom build a section of their house. If this sounds like you, let me know.

Steve

lmno1
Rookie
Rookie

#2 Unread post by lmno1 »

We're an actual show, from an actual network...I'm a researcher sitting at my desk and waiting for responses.

Check out LMNO Productions on the web if you're skeptical.

guys who work on bikes and have a customized, tricked out "Guy Space" in their home, and want to show it off on TV, let me know.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

To all members:

Yes, the above post is REAL. And Steve Schneir is from LMNO PRODUCTIONS. 15821 Ventura Blvd Suite 320, ENCINO CALIFORNIA 91436 www.lmnotv.com

Please do extend a warm welcome to Steve and if you have any stories at all that might be interesting just post them here. I'm sure a lot of us have guy space in their homes and/or garage! :D

If you don't really want to write up a story I'm sure Mr Schneir would still love to hear from you.

Welcome to the Total Motorcycle community Steve.

Mike.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#4 Unread post by CNF2002 »

Well, thats a nice job. If you are just sitting there waiting for responses. :D

I only purchased my home a year ago so none of my work has been guy-specific. My garage is on hold pending other more important projects. Would I like to build special organizers for all my tools, set up a beer cooler and tile the floor with a black/white checker pattern? Sure, but I don't have the time and money right now. However if your show is offering to do a garage makeover, I'm all for it!

My other space is my office. But it is not the stereotypical 'guy' stuff you are probably looking for. Now if you are looking for the sanctuary of a guy who wants to browse over a full wall library of books and listen to music in peace while enjoying a glass of scotch, my room might be up your alley.
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#5 Unread post by roscowgo »

garage? house?

i suppose you could count that one corner of that one closet that the crazy woman i live with designated as mine.

welcome to tmw too.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#6 Unread post by dr_bar »

No offence, but shouldn't this be hiding in the soap box forums???

I wish I had a house to put a "Guy Space" in. Although I do have a friend that has a "Girls Space" in her home. 56" Widescreen HD-ILA Projection HDTV, 7.(whatever) surround sound, and a $30,000+ drop dead stereo system which is solidly centered by Audio Research tube amps...

I'm sooooooooo... jealous.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#7 Unread post by Shorts »

So is this only a "Guy" space thing??? Considering my guy's last hoorah in the garage, I wouldn't mind having a temp regulated, sound system wired, plumbed for air, water, gas stove/oven, fridge area of my own to work on my bike :laughing:

The "cell" downstairs they call a garage is where I run off to to work on things outside (truck, bike). And upstairs I have a couple work tables setup in the workout room where I can do gunsmith, leatherwork and airplane models. Just got my new compressor setup so I need to build a spray booth.

Without big money, having our big house, toys and space we need won't happen for a long time. Isn't that pretty much everyone's big idea? :D

Koss
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#8 Unread post by Koss »

roscowgo wrote:garage? house?

i suppose you could count that one corner of that one closet that the crazy woman i live with designated as mine.

welcome to tmw too.
Pfft, at least you got somewhere in the closet you get to use. I wish I was that lucky.
http://www.livevideo.com/Koss

DieMonkeys
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2015/Kawasaki/Versys 650 LT

#9 Unread post by DieMonkeys »

I turned two closets into one large one, put wood floors down, added an outlet, lightswitch, and lights. I also put in a desk, cable internet, and a bookcase. It's my little getaway, my "office", although it's smaller than the average cubicle. But it's my three walls plus an optional door.

This is the office before I put up the bookcase.

The bookcase has three shelves and covers the whole wall behind the desk, it's painted black to offset the Pumpkin Patch Orange (Halloween being my favorite holiday I figured it fit).

Oh, and now I've gotten two more monitors, plus you can't tell but I have 5.1 surround sound, the close space makes it perfect for movies and games in surround sound. Also, I've got a second computer running and I can flip back and forth between the monitor on the desk in the pic between the two computers. One runs Linux and one runs WinXP (just for gaming).

I don't know if this qualifies, but hey, it's something.
[img]http://content.ytmnd.com/content/8/c/f/8cfad8ebc281805945b49541a1f00d48.gif[/img]
1980 Suzuki GS550E "Miranda" (Retired)
1986 Honda Nighthawk CB700SC "Valarie"

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 1998 Kawasaki GPZ500S

#10 Unread post by Kal »

We've only just bought our house, so although the garage is mine nothing interesting has happened to it yet!

Now my friend Dawn knocked down their garage and built a wooden one (too go with all the other buildings she has put in their backyard). The new garage has storgae space, designated tool space and a working area as well as a bike sized spraybooth...

It's awesome!
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

GPZ500S, CB250N, GB250Clubman