Dirt Biking

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

Dirt Biking

#1 Unread post by Ladymx »

Have you done dirt bikng? If not would you be interested in trying it out?

Ladymx

#2 Unread post by Ladymx »

I have done dirt biking. I started out on the dirt bike before I started riding on the street. I really liked the jumps more then the big hills. Hopfully one day again Ill get a dirt bike. :D

Sarek
Regular
Regular

#3 Unread post by Sarek »

I also started out in the dirt. I rode in the dirt for years before I finally learned how to drive a car. I love baby jumps and little hills and going as fast as I want.
I think I'll have to stick to bikes I can reach the ground on. I'm way too old to jump on and off anymore. Last summer I rode my cousins dirt bike and always started next to the picnic table where I could get on or off.
That's better than no dirt bike, I guess.

Ladymx

#4 Unread post by Ladymx »

Ya I know all about the picnic tables and truck tail gates to get on the bike. It was the getting off that was interesting. :lol:

Sarek
Regular
Regular

#5 Unread post by Sarek »

I got stuck one time. I forgot to pull up next to the table and I just stopped. I was balanced with tip toes on both sides. I just knew, if I tried to get off I would drop the bike. So I stayed and yakked with the owner. He was probably thinking, why doesn't she get off and give me my bike.
I finally had to fess up and ask him to help me get off his bike.
How embarrassing! I bet that's a problem the guys have never had to deal with. But I don't guess too many girls would be dumb enough to get there either. :roll:

Ladymx

#6 Unread post by Ladymx »

Well I have to say there where many times, after I got my own bike where Id just lay it on it side to get off. I know with the guy's being more wieght they sink the bikes down farther so never really have the same problem.
I know there where many times I got stuck with tire ruts on both sides of my, which made for great entertainment for all watching. :oops: :wink:

Digginit
Regular
Regular

#7 Unread post by Digginit »

I grew up on a pseudo dirtbike.....an early 70's (I think '72) Yamaha Eunduro 100. Haven't ridden one since about '83 or '84 or so. Now my little boy's yelling for a dirtbike. I'm thinking that I'll have to get one to ride around the farm with him. Maybe I'm too old for that, but it sure does make me salivate. Pushing 40's hard....

lol~
linz
Some days it's just not worth gnawing through the straps

Ladymx

#8 Unread post by Ladymx »

Digginit, Get out and get a dirt bike for sure, your never to old for ripping around on a farm. You should go for it.

amstaffmom
Regular
Regular

#9 Unread post by amstaffmom »

Its funny, I feel like I'm going through a second childhood. I've always loved motocycles and dirtbikes. But growing up mom would never let me get a dirtbike because we had no where to ride it. Now I'm going to be 32 this friday and a month ago I bought my first motorcycle. Now I'm dying to get a dirt bike. We are going to get one for my step son for xmas. I live on 3 acres and back up to a 27 acre wooded area that's owned by the township. I thougth my only problem would be finding one I fit on, I'm only 5'2'. Well we had my step son trying out a little 110. I found that I fit on a yamaha 125 that they had. Hmmmm maybe I'll ask for a xmas present too. LOL!

Jean

Ladymx

#10 Unread post by Ladymx »

Jean that is great, I hope you get your xmas gift early.

With all of this talk about getting out on dirt bikes I have been thinking that maybe its time again to get one, but I also have the need for speed and trying out the track. Too many loves and so little time.