LADIES - Went solo yesterday

deedee1
Elite
Elite

#11 Unread post by deedee1 »

Yes i am taking the MSF course next month. I got the nere up to ride yesterday while hubby was at work and worked on my shifting and such. I had fun and was happy I had the confidence to go without him here.

I know hubby feels the same way. The other day when we were riding a guy was riding my rear and me being a noob I did what I new to do (we were coming to a stop sign) I tapped my rear brake turned on my blinker and began slowing my bike. The guy just wouldn't let up. Well hubby had already made his turn and was sitting there reving his engine. The guy backed off a bit but not much and when I had made my turn I gave him the finger and the next thing I new hubby was gunning it and going after the guy. I just turned my bike off and waited for him to get back. When he got back I just raised my eyebrows at him and he said the guy was an ___. So i figured the guy probably flipped me off back and hubby was just mad enough that the guy didn't want to give me a chance to stop that he got a little to mad and went after him. Good thing he didn't keep going. (the guy saw him in his rearview and kicked it up to 100.)

Oh well once I get better he will not be as mother henish but I think he will always worry because he loves me. Just something we women have to deal with from the men in our lives.

Have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#12 Unread post by KarateChick »

Yeah Deedee! You just keep on going and riding! :thumbsup: Sounds like you are doing great and hope you enjoy the course too.

Your guy sounds like a sweetie. Sure wouldn't want to be the person even looking at you the wrong way with him around.
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

deedee1
Elite
Elite

#13 Unread post by deedee1 »

He is a sweetie. I never worry about others when he is around. Its kinda funny cause peeps just move outta his way. I love it when we are in crowded places never get blocked :laughing:

Have a great on and ride safe
Deedee

MonkeyMaw
Elite
Elite

#14 Unread post by MonkeyMaw »

I finally took my first solo ride about 2 weeks ago. I was pretty nervous being out there all by myself, but I have no one to ride with. I haven't been out since then, just puttering around the neighborhood. I don't want to press my luck.
I've told my sweetie that I would love it if he were riding with me. He's started looking for a smaller, older bike and has asked me to teach him to power walk my bike. I think that's a start in the right direction.
Congrats on your first solo, Deedee. I'm happy you have someone so supportive on your side.
'85 Yamaha FJ600

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#15 Unread post by Shorts »

MonkeyMaw wrote:I finally took my first solo ride about 2 weeks ago. I was pretty nervous being out there all by myself, but I have no one to ride with. I haven't been out since then, just puttering around the neighborhood. I don't want to press my luck.
I've told my sweetie that I would love it if he were riding with me. He's started looking for a smaller, older bike and has asked me to teach him to power walk my bike. I think that's a start in the right direction.
Congrats on your first solo, Deedee. I'm happy you have someone so supportive on your side.
Hey, that's cool your man is interested in it now :) Just keep going out for small quiet little rides on your own (and congrats btw for the solo! wooo!) and he'll hang out at home, interested, waiting, thinking and marinating in his own brain juices that he could get a bike and be out there with you.... :mrgreen:

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#16 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

MonkeyMaw wrote:I finally took my first solo ride about 2 weeks ago. I was pretty nervous being out there all by myself, but I have no one to ride with. I haven't been out since then, just puttering around the neighborhood. I don't want to press my luck.
I started riding before hubby did... and we have the MOST FUN riding together!!! Almost like back when we were dating. We even take our two kids on the back occasionally (they're teenagers so it isn't too often).

I've been riding for 4 years and hubby for 3. Hubby was certified to be an MSF Rider Coach this past spring, and I'm entering the training program this coming spring. We're gonna have a BLAST teaching!!

You go, gal!

Pam
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

deedee1
Elite
Elite

#17 Unread post by deedee1 »

Congrats on the solo Monkey Maw. Its a great feeling isnt it. Its great that your sweety is getting interested. Its so much nicer to have someone to ride with.

Pam its great that you and hubby are getting into the teaching aspect of the msf. The course was so helpful in boosting my confidence and I think that not only was it the skills but the instructors as well.

Hubby and I went for our first long ride the other day. We went into town and I rode through traffic. I was a bit nervous at first but hubby was right there on his and that made it so much easier. We were out for quite awhile and it was great. It was nice to go out alone with him and do something that is enjoyable for the both of us and not have to worry about the kids. Hubby was happy as well because I couldn't buy anything that wouldn't fit in his pack on the bike when we stopped at the few stores we went to. :laughing: He said the next ride is to the honda dealership to look at a VFR for him and to look at the katanas they have there for me. I cant wait to see how that goes as it involves freeway riding. I think he was yanking my chain on that.

Have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

maggy
Rookie
Rookie

#18 Unread post by maggy »

Well I guess I am lucky that I ride alone cause I don't have to learn solo riding. but it would have been great to have someone teach me, ride with me, get me to practice and such . It would not have taken me so long. But the little bike I invested in did it for me. My best friend grins
Yea, men can be protective even if they don't ride as well as you do I guess. With me and my DH. I am the one that worrys about him. lol
He might have a license and all but does not ride that often so his skills need much improvement to me and to be honest at the riding school I was really amazed that they passed him. But for him, I am glad they did.
Actually the only thing that bothers me riding solo is a break down. I would like to get wrenching down some then I would feel much more secure for me and my bike. I am going to work on that.
I am proud of all of yu that are doing the solo ride. I do know how it feels. Good for you.
Maggy
RIDE TO LIVE
MAGGY
[img]http://img15.imgspot.com/u/06/359/00/10100516231167109485.jpg[/img]