LADIES - Footwear

ArcticHarleyMan
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by ArcticHarleyMan »

From someone who has been riding for years, I would strongly suggest never to wear sneakers, or any soft footwear. You need not only toe protection, but you need ankle support, high uppers above the ankles, snug fitting boots with a moderate grip sole. You also want them to be warm in cool weather and water-proof. The best protection doesn't come cheap so expect to pay in the 2-300 range. Keep your leather (all leather) clean with saddle soap and water-proof with bees wax, especially on the stitching and seams. Silicone type water proofing is not good for leather and any animal fat by-product like Dubbin, etc., is also not good for leather.:santa:

Candy750
Legendary
Legendary

#12 Unread post by Candy750 »

I have the problem of the tall toe - and if I adjust the shifter upwards to fit them, it is to tall for fifth gear.

I bought 2 pairs of HD boots, and can't really break either in well enough yet. Well, I have all winter. I also bought a pair of "basic" Justin western boots, which are anti slip, and very comfy, tough, and just might work. Been wearing a pair of J Crew leather knee hi boots for the past three seasons (bad, I know).

My advice - get something GOOD that you find - even if they seem pricey. I saw a pair of Cruiser Works for $200 that would have been perfect, decided they were too much (or I am too cheap) and then end up buying three other pairs.

Mom is right - if you see quality, buy quality. You will get ONE good item, which will last, and you will wear.

Lionlady - Is cruiserworks really out of business? I note they were only internet, and no stores carry in my area. Are your true to your size? Darn! I was hoping to ask for them for christmas...and yes - I will ivite everyone to my never worn gear garage sale!!
Candy 750

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#13 Unread post by Veda »

Candy750 wrote:I will ivite everyone to my never worn gear garage sale!!
I bet with all the ladies here we could have quite the swap meet with ill-fitting gear.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#14 Unread post by Shorts »

I really like my Sidi Jasmine boots. They took a day or two to loosen up, but they fit great. They're snug, which I do like and they're warm too. I don't know how cold it must be before the toes get cold. When I do take them off, my socks are a little damp :oops: Be sure to leave them open so they can vent after a day of riding. I haven't had any moisture issues, but a little preventative maintenance can't hurt.

The Sidis also polish up real nice with just some black Kiwi polish. One day we went out for a ride, ended up at a beach, walked around in salty sandy stuff for a while. Before leaving I walked through some freshwater to get the sand off, then polished them up like normal when we got home that evening and they still look great.

Gosh, I'm shameless, you'd think they'd pay me for advertising. lol Anyway, Sidi Jasmine Tepoer boots, at the least, check them out, they've been good to me.

deedee1
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by deedee1 »

I got the Icon superduty 2 boots. I love em and they have ridges on the top so your shift lever doesn"t scuff the top of your boot. They took awhile to get use to but now they are great. I paid $90.00 for them.

Have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

motogirl
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#16 Unread post by motogirl »

I went with the Ariat Doll Baby boots. They look great with everything, I wear them all day at work (on my feet the majority of the day), and they have a slim enough toe to work well with the shifter. Non skid.

I have all of the colors. I wouldn't recommend the tan suede for riding, as the suede upper gets a little scuffed from the shifter.

Sizes run very true. If you decide to get them, go to eBay - they are way cheaper (by $40) than Boot Brn, or the Ariat website.

http://www.ariat.com/products_detail.as ... 29&pid=307
One can never consent to creep when one feels the urge to soar - Helen Keller

Candy750
Legendary
Legendary

#17 Unread post by Candy750 »

Hmmmm. Now I like the Sidi Violet Te-Por in black. Anyone have them? And the toe?
Candy 750

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#18 Unread post by Shorts »

Candy750 wrote:Hmmmm. Now I like the Sidi Violet Te-Por in black. Anyone have them? And the toe?
I really liked those boots, I thought they looked great. I haven't tried them on or seen them in person though. While I liked that heel on there, I was concerned that a large heel would catch a peg as I went to put a foot down. I think that was just me still new and uncomfortable on the bike and placing my movements.

If you're on a cruiser, those boots might be a bit more comfy than on another style bike that has the ankle in flexion. I'm referring to the height of the boot at the ankle and how its not forward angle, kinda like how ski boots are, they're great when you're actually skiing, but really hurt the shin bones walking around.

Ok, I'm babbling about details :oops: I would love to get my hands on a pair to have around though.

Christina
Regular
Regular

#19 Unread post by Christina »

I have both HD Ladies high-top zip ups and a nice pair of CruiserWorks. I like them both very much. I think it depends on the weather, the bike and how long you'll be riding. I favor the high-tops for long rides as they provide so much support.
Christina
Don't make me wait for my ride!!
www.signalsorcerer.com

precision470
Rookie
Rookie

#20 Unread post by precision470 »

I like these boots http://www.bestpricebikegear.com/index. ... cts_id=507 great for winter and extremly protective. :P