Kawasaki Sponsors teenage female racing phenomenon! :-)

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Kawasaki Sponsors teenage female racing phenomenon! :-)

#1 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

I thought this was cool, and a sign of the competitiveness of the current roadracing scene. There are quite a few fast male teenages now, so it was just a matter of time before a girl got into the mix at this high a level:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/art ... icle=28238
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

logitech104
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#2 Unread post by logitech104 »

why is it that whever they see a girl ride motocross or something "manly", their like WHOA!! NO WAY! - A GIRL?!?!? and then the news is all over it. Like if a girl beat a boy in a race, then he gets made fun of cuz, "he got beat by a girl.
:frusty:

but still I'm proud of her. Show those men! :laughing:
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/logitech104/fairyhugsig.jpg[/img]
[1981 honda cb400t hawk][2004 honda crf150f]

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It makes such a difference when they get to start young. It's great for her to have people behind her instead of naysaying her.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4 Unread post by Wrider »

LOL if I get beaten by a girl/woman, I just tell her congratulations! I'm aggressive, and if she's more aggressive and/or better, then good for her! Anyway, that's amazing that she's already racing and winning at that level at such a young age! I can guarantee she'd kick my butt! :laughing:
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#5 Unread post by Apollofrost »

It feels good to prove all the people who said you couldn't do something, or that you would never be anyone, wrong. But it feels way better to prove it to your self.
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#6 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

logitech104 wrote:why is it that whever they see a girl ride motocross or something "manly", their like WHOA!! NO WAY! - A GIRL?!?!? and then the news is all over it. Like if a girl beat a boy in a race, then he gets made fun of cuz, "he got beat by a girl.
:frusty:

but still I'm proud of her. Show those men! :laughing:
hmmm... in my mind your posting actually answers the most important part of the question/rhetorical response you pose. But since I have some time I'll throw a few other words out to es'plain dis perspective... it comes down to awareness really... :bag:

Maybe you havent hung around with men who epitomise this "manly" behavior 24/7. I have. It grows old quick, but it continues to filter throughout the population and dilutes very very slowly over time, and some cultures develop slower than others. :baby: All this seems to be similar to racism, etc. People are worried about losing there "place" in the world, i guess. But people change...
:pigsfly2:
I don't find North America as culturally progressive "on the street" as it is on TV
:2guns: :boxing: :shooting: :bash: :boxing2:
, and some people in Japan and India come to mind as being beacons of warning of the continuance of this behavior. They benefit from it, like in times of slavery in the USA, so without caring about the health, humor and welfare of other people, they find it easy to continue doing it. The men still have huge amounts of control over women in some countries to suppress them into servtitude. It's a cultural thing, like religion, or you might say it's promoted as a religion.. and SOOOOO this news article is a nice sign of changes...

First a little background on this story: You'll notice it's by Roadracing World & Motorcycle Technology, which is one of North America's best known racing publications. They also have run a multi-time championship winning WERA endurance team, raced AMA Superbike, etc., and the owner John Ulrich has been credited with discovering Kevin Schwantz, a Superbike and MotoGP (when it was 500GP) roadracing star :ninja: in the 1980's and 1990s, a name synonomous with Suzuki GSXRs, etc.

So this isn't main-stream media that's all over this story, and if you've failed to notice, many men have always had an ego issue getting beat by anyone, especially girls, and especally those macho (read sexist, read close-minded) "manly" competitive types. It's still a rarity in many sports which have been "protected" to keep from hurting men's egos for a longggggg time.

The mainstream are as usual oblivious to the Genuine Article most of the time, and this girl's accomplishments aren't mainstream and thus the attention is well deserved. She's not "riding motocross", but *racing* and winning in EXPERT level in roadraces and SuperMotard on a prep'd RM85. Big difference. To quote from the article, "blasted stereotypes and the rest of the competition to take 3 championship titles aboard her RM 85, one endurance race win and become the youngest female road racer in American history to ever win an 80cc Expert title!"
:motorcycle: :starwars:
If you could name 10 (heck even three) other teenage girls in the Staes who can come close to this roadracing accomplishment and support, I'd be very surprised. In Western Canada there are only a couple women racing at local tracks most years and they don't stick around that long (for a variety of reasons). Over 15+ years I've seen less than a half-dozen women who are *reasonably* competitive and all of them were much older than this girl. Realistically not that many have the *killer* instinct (passionate desire and determination) to duke it out like this and win.
:cheerleader:
The fact that credible miniracing series' across North America have developed in which boys and girls can get the skills and experience is a huge change in the state of roadracing. When she's old enough to race AMA Pro (16) or whatever she chooses next she stands to have a legitimate chance to earn a living at this gig. All cool in my books. 8)

nuf said for today. better off riding
:tricycle:
:pizza:
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

logitech104
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#7 Unread post by logitech104 »

Hmmm, I skimmed the article, left, then came back and wrote a response.
Maybe I should've precisely read the whole thing before posting mentally challenged stuff like that.

when i said
"why is it that whever they see a girl ride motocross or something "manly", their like WHOA!! NO WAY! - A GIRL?!?!? and then the news is all over it. Like if a girl beat a boy in a race, then he gets made fun of cuz, "he got beat by a girl."

I was talking in general really.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/logitech104/fairyhugsig.jpg[/img]
[1981 honda cb400t hawk][2004 honda crf150f]