Gas is going back up and I'm laughing.

Skel3tor1
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Gas is going back up and I'm laughing.

#1 Unread post by Skel3tor1 »

MSN Article on Rising Gas Prices.

Once again, gas prices are beginning to shoot up. As I hear everyone whine and complain about the gas, I just have to sit here and snicker. I know that the majority here are probably getting 40-50mpg, but I'm getting in the neighborhood of 70+mpg. I just have to laugh.

The sadistic side of me kicks in an I can't help but to think to myself that this is a great way to punish people who are "Keeping up with the Jones" and have to get the latest and greatest gas guzzler of the century thus-far. So for people toting around in SUVs with just one person inside, this is for you. Get a motorcycle, join our ranks, and enjoy saving tons of money on insurance, gas, and money to purchase an actual vehicle.

For those individuals that actually need to have an SUV (large families, or you tote an amazing amount of stuff around with you) then you can disregard my "hate" post.

Also, you would think that the American Government that is handing out tax deductions for electric/gas car hybrids would get their act together and give a tax discount to those individuals who put over 10,000 miles a year on their motorcycles. I'd be all about that.

But for now, whenever I see an SUV filling up at the gas station, I'm going to laugh. Heck, I might even pull in right behind one, fill up, and then loudly "complain" that my motorcycle gets 70+ mpg and that these gas prices are OUTRAGEOUS!!

/dismounts from soap box :twisted:
[img]http://www.skel3tor1.com/images/bikesigtm.jpg[/img]
Michael
Honda Rebel 250
[url=http://www.skel3tor1.com/main/blogs/index.php?blog=9]View[/url] my motorcycle blog or [url=http://www.youtube.com/skel3tor1]Watch[/url] my videos.

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: FZ6

#2 Unread post by intotherain »

well I would laugh but I also have two cars I sometimes have to pay for.

I got:
bike = neighboorhood of 90 MPG
2003 Ford Windstar SEL = 12 MPG and 30 gallons = not happy me if im payin
2005 c320 = 22 avg city MPG.

I hate driving my cars around because I can feel the gasoline evaporating under me. argh.

I fill my bike tank every week for about 10 bucks. lol

Ian522
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#3 Unread post by Ian522 »

My truck only gets like 17-20mpg on a good day. And to fill it up from empty costs in the neighborhood of $60. :shock:

My job is just a few miles from my house, so if gas gets outrageous this summer ill ride to work everyday. Weather permitting.

Scott58
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#4 Unread post by Scott58 »

80 mpg on my Rebel too. 55mpg on the S50. And the always exciting toyota tercel gets between 40 and 45mpg.
05 Honda Rebel
04 Spitfire Cub-24
05Suzuki S50

Koss
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#5 Unread post by Koss »

I guess my car was alright with its 36 mpg average, but since I've had the bike from aug '06... I just use her for grocery store runs.

If you look closely in my videos... you'll see nothing but SUV's, Minivan's/Van's, and Full size domestic trucks. Yay.
http://www.livevideo.com/Koss

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#6 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Vstrom is supposed to get around 52. My Vision gets 55 mpg. My Jeep gets 18-24 depending on how I drive it but seeing as you can't make a u turn in a river with water at your waist in a motorcycle... it's worth it
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

big_ry_ry
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2007 yamaha VStar 1100 classic

#7 Unread post by big_ry_ry »

Well this article describes me somewhat

I have a F150 4x4 (22 miles to the gallon) and an explorer 4x4 (14 mpg), but i have the bike for summer riding. I do use my vehicles though, i hunt, camp, tow my snowmobile and driving through 2 feet of snow is impossible without 4x4. I am suprised that my 150 gets better mileage than my explorer, my trucks actually gets better mileage than what is on the sticker estimate not sure why but not complaining

I am thinking of going to a crossover SUV for the extra gas milage.
I also do some construction on the side when the school year is done so the truck comes in handy.

Gas in my area right now is $2.82 a gallon

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#8 Unread post by sharpmagna »

I'm glad weather is getting warm again so I can get back on the bike. I'm an SUV driver and I knew what I was getting myself into when I bought the truck, so I'm not complaining. My 4Runner gets decent mileage so it's not too bad.
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

badfish89
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by badfish89 »

:goes and gets into hummer to kill myself:

ha ha j/k. I drive an H3, but i cant ride here in the winter. Its supposed to be 50 degrees today, and i still cant ride because there are rocks all over the streets and snow on the ground.... :frusty:
[img]http://r2.fodey.com/178a00a236ae9408ea0fec7711f874423.1.gif[/img]
V-TWIN fo lyfe

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#10 Unread post by Big B »

even though my vtx is pretty thirsty for a bike at 35-37mpg, it's still a lot better than my expedition's whopping 14mpg (if i'm driving like my normal maniac self it gets as low as 12 sometimes :shock: )
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!