You are a Beginner and want a 600cc+ sportbike? READ THIS!

Peter Y
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#91 Unread post by Peter Y »

DivideOverflow wrote:
Yeah, yeah, so you bought a Katana... good for you. I still wouldn't recommend that for a first bike for American riders. I usually stick to the 50/500 rule (under 50 hp and under 500 lbs). With your 4 months euro experience (which you didn't mention in the first place), you are probably fine, but 99% of the riders on here don't get that kind of treatment. The katana has over 50 hp, and is very close to 500 lbs. More importantly, it carries its weight in an awkward top-heavy fashion that I don't recommend for new riders.

You like your bike, good for you. You still won't get me to recommend it to someone who is a true beginner as their first bike.
Come on Divide Overflow I do sense you "reconsidering" your previous comments. Maybe you were just too much of a hard "O Ring" and should have read all the related threads before you jumped all over me. Dont be a dinasour, theres nothing wrong with embracing alternative views.

Never the less I still LUV YA..... :laughing: :laughing:

DivideOverflow
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#92 Unread post by DivideOverflow »

Peter Y wrote: Come on Divide Overflow I do sense you "reconsidering" your previous comments. Maybe you were just too much of a hard "O Ring" and should have read all the related threads before you jumped all over me. Dont be a dinasour, theres nothing wrong with embracing alternative views.

Never the less I still LUV YA..... :laughing: :laughing:
I didn't conceed on anything new... I said this 4 pages ago: "First of all, I noticed that you got a GSX 600... that is a katana, that isn't a race replica bike. It is generally considered the slower version. However, it is a top heavy pig, and I rarely suggest those bikes to anyone, regardless of riding ability. "

I don't have anything else to conceed... Everything else I said I stand by. It was you that was arguing that a 4 cylinder sports car offers as much of a threat as a RWD V8, and that a smaller bike is more likely to flip, so you should get a bigger one! You are the one that needs to embrace reality. I read all the related threads as I was one of the first ones to respond. I still think you are just trolling to get some kind of satisfaction.

Also, how am I a dinosaur? I'm like 23 years old... It is just that I've seen people with a lot more experience than beginners get hurt on 600cc+ sportbikes. And if you would have actually read what people post here, you would see that we are referring to race replica bikes that put out close to 100 hp. But that wouldn't be any fun would it? Reading what was actually said can be such a bore.

You aren't changing anyone's mind. The Katana is better than the GSXR, but it is still a crummy first bike. I would have picked the ninja 650R as a better beginner bike, and that has more ccs. What it also has is a more user-friendly powerband, it is lighter, and is more beginner friendly. However, I still consider that a better second bike. I stick to my under 50hp and 500lbs rule...

So, read this very carefully, it should make you happy: Engine size is not as important as power output when choosing a first bike. It just happens to be that the majority of kids want 600cc + sportbikes, which put out a lot of horsepower, which makes them poor to learn on (not to mention the extreme handling characteristics, poor slow speed maneuverability, and high insurance costs).
2008 BMW K1200S
2003 Z1000 - For Sale
1979 KZ650B - Work in progress
2005 Ducati SS 1000DS - sold :'(
1994 VFR750 Interceptor - sold
1984 VF700F Interceptor - sold
2004 Hyosung GV250 - sold

Peter Y
Veteran
Veteran

#93 Unread post by Peter Y »

DivideOverflow

And if you would have actually read what people post here, you would see that we are referring to race replica bikes that put out close to 100 hp. But that wouldn't be any fun would it? Reading what was actually said can be such a bore.
It was in one of my first posts that i said the bike was a GSX 600F (Katana). Despite that I got all the aggressive online bashing. At the end it was the picture that I posted that made the difference.

I dont care how old you are your still a dinasour to me. Someone your age should be able to embrace differing views and be able to decipher key pieces of information in a post that change the outcome. You were unable to do that. Your not a teacher a mentor nor an instructor. Learn how to be facilitating and non confronting in your views.

Despite all this though I still LUV YA... If you ever come to Amsterdam I would be happy to take you for a ride on my Katana. :twisted: :twisted:

jackc34
Rookie
Rookie

Hey guys just thought I tell you about this.

#94 Unread post by jackc34 »

Listen I did some checking and I found another bike I'm interested in,

It's still a over a 60cc.lol,But it's smaller than a 600cc

I saw this last night,It's a Untied Motors 2007 V2S-250R

Here's the Specs on it.

Powerful 72 degree V-twin, 8 valve, Dual over head cam engine.
10.4:1 compression ratio.
Five speed constant mesh, easy shifting transmission.
Multi plate, wet manual clutch.
Modern perimeter frame chassis.
Front dual disk brakes, rear single disk, light weight cast aluminum wheels.
Compression and pre load adjustable “inverted” front forks.
Pre load adjustable rear mono shock .
Fully adjustable rear sets (foot rests).
Full sport fairing with projector headlamps, digital gauges, clip on handle bars, rear passenger hand rails and convenient under seat storage.
Convenient bungee hooks and helmet hooks are also provided.
MSRP $3,699.00 plus freight and dealer prep.
EPA & CARB certified.

TYPE

SPORT
ENGINE TYPE
249CC, 4-STROKE, 2-CYL, 72 V-TWIN

BORE AND STROKE (mm)
57 X 48.8
COMPRESSION RATIO
10.4: 1

COOLING
AIR/OIL

IGNITION
CDI

TRANSMISSION
5 SPEED

FINAL DRIVE
CHAIN

STARTING SYSTEM
ELECTRIC
FUEL DELIVERY
(2) 22mm MIKUNI CARBURETORS
FRONT SUSPENSION
TELESCOPIC FORK

REAR SUSPENSION
SWINGARM

FRONT BRAKE
DUAL DISC

REAR BRAKE
DISC

FRONT TIRE
110/70 X 17 54H

REAR TIRE
150/70 x 17 69H

DIMENSIONS (LxWxH)
81.9" X 25.78" X 42.9"

SEAT HEIGHT
31.3"

WHEELBASE
56.5"

FUEL CAPACITY (GAL)

DRY WEIGHT
390 LBS

WARRANTY
3 YEAR POWERTRAIN, 18 MONTHS ALL PARTS

COLORS
BLACK, SILVER, RED, BURGUNDY

Peter Y
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Hey guys just thought I tell you about this.

#95 Unread post by Peter Y »

Does it have a 600cc or 750CC version :laughing: :laughing:

DivideOverflow
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#96 Unread post by DivideOverflow »

re: the Untied Motors 2007 V2S-250R

Technically, that is a good bike to start with. It looks like a good alternative to the Ninja 250. Make sure there is a dealer that can get you parts close to your area! The hardest thing about those "off brands" is getting parts and service when something goes wrong.
2008 BMW K1200S
2003 Z1000 - For Sale
1979 KZ650B - Work in progress
2005 Ducati SS 1000DS - sold :'(
1994 VFR750 Interceptor - sold
1984 VF700F Interceptor - sold
2004 Hyosung GV250 - sold

jackc34
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hey guys just thought I tell you about this.

#97 Unread post by jackc34 »

Peter Y wrote:

Does it have a 600cc or 750CC version :laughing: :laughing:
Well as a matter of fact,It comes in a 250cc or 650cc.

jackc34
Rookie
Rookie

There's one close

#98 Unread post by jackc34 »

DivideOverflow wrote:re: the Untied Motors 2007 V2S-250R

Technically, that is a good bike to start with. It looks like a good alternative to the Ninja 250. Make sure there is a dealer that can get you parts close to your area! The hardest thing about those "off brands" is getting parts and service when something goes wrong.

There's a dealer 20 mins from where I live. :D

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#99 Unread post by Apollofrost »

That thing looks SWEEET!
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

b!keR
Regular
Regular

#100 Unread post by b!keR »

as I can see...everybody on this forum are scared of SUPERSPORTS bikes. :mrgreen: