Rosco and the blogging thereof

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#11 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Unfortunately, you'll probably always have the dizziness when standing up quickly or bending over too long. Annoying side effects but, better than the side effects of a stroke or heart attack.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#12 Unread post by roscowgo »

Yep, that's roughly what i figured the score would be. And I'm not dissastisfied with it.

I don't Want another heart attack. The one they won't explain to me from when i was 19 was plenty mucho bad enough. And I most assuredly dont want a stroke /shudder.

I am a huge huge hypochondriac. To give you an idea, I've went on a diet lately. And lost a fair amount of weight. People tell me, Hey will we can tell, congratulations. My immediate and completely heartfelt mental reaction is to scream from inside my head. OMG I'VE GOT THE CANCER! RUN IN CIRCLES! RUN IN CIRCLES!!!!. :roll:

It's like living with a combination jerry lewis, guy with a "The End is Near" sign, and a quivering Chihuahua in my head.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#13 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Your blog is enjoyable so far. :) You said hopefully, soon to be wife....have you actually asked her yet?

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#14 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

Cool blog, Roscow. I'm on Norvasc and hydrochlorothiazide for my bp, and haven't had a single light headedness or dizziness episode. Then again, I just run kinda borderline high without it, so it's more of a tweak, I guess.
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#15 Unread post by roscowgo »

blues2cruise wrote:Your blog is enjoyable so far. :) You said hopefully, soon to be wife....have you actually asked her yet?
Yep sure have. She had some sort of momentary fuge and agreed. I rather susepct she thought i was asking for the salt.

No date yet though. Im straightening out some old bad credit choices. (Read that as young dumb and too harded headed to listen to other people). Then Ill be mr jennifer, or shell be mr Jennifer or something like that. its all kind of a haze.

Thanks noodle. Yours cracks me up everytime. mine comes bundled with the hctz too. I think it makes me act like a lawn sprinkler. but keeps my ankles down. eh fair enough trade. Mine was bad. as in the oh holy crap you Walked in here? how are you alive type.

It stinks trying to get myself to where i need to be before i see the doc. I get dizzy if i take it, i eventually get dizzy if i dont. Woke up light headed and generally frumpy saturday. Thinking "ohhh this is the second type of dizzy where i feel like my head is gonna pop" so i took my lil peach colored pill. spent saturday being a complete waste because of it. right around 8 or 9 this morning it wore off and ive felt right as rain all day.

It will settle down eventually. With a lil tweaking im sure we can get it nailed down. I really do credit Jen with saving my life. I do believe i was in a "eh whats the point" kind of mode. after meeting her i have something worth worrying about. When I think about the stupid stupid problems i Know ive caused for myself (and her if ive played my cards right)down the line by not taking care of this when it needed taking care of.... I just want to insert my right elbow into my opposite ear to stop up the airflow.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#16 Unread post by roscowgo »

Idiot smacktardian drunk drivers.

Was sent to one of my remote offices yesterday. On my way there (was in the cage thankfully) was overtaken and passed by one of those rednecked up, 14' tall, tires bigger than my car dodges.

You know... a weiner extension.

Anyway. Followed this waste of space for almost 10 miles. in that time, he swerved over into the other lane, and off the road on our side too many times to count. swerved into the oncoming lane too many times to count. went around probably close to 100 blind curves on the Wrong side of the road. Managed to run not just his drivers side wheels off of the road on the ONCOMING LANE. But actually managed to get his passenger side tires off the road Five times. In 10 miles.

Yesterday was the first almost decent warm sunny day we've had in a while. And this is a nice tight set of twisties. Guy Had to be drunk. Else he was just displaying the Worst set of driving skills I've ever seen out outside of a frog given acid and asked to fly a space shuttle.

Anyone meeting this shining example of "shoulda been harvested for stem-cells" smackhead IDIOT. Woulda most likely been killed. And at the very least seriously injured. He never would have noticed a bike. And i doubt he would have even stopped had he hit someone.

Got to my remote office and called the cops, reported make/model/plate #. I hope they got him. I hope they took him out back and beat him till whatever goo he used for brains oozed out of his ear too.

:evil:

Be safe people.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#17 Unread post by Shorts »

Makes one pretty nervous when there are drunk folks you can spot in the daytime.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#18 Unread post by roscowgo »

Was around 11 am too.
Scary scary scary drivin.

And speaking of scary. I have what is the shortest, but quite possibly the funniest ride report ever.

Around 11 last night, Jen turns to me and says. I wanna ride. Take me for a ride. After seriously considering this proposition for a whole .004 seconds. I agreed and began gathering up gear. I don't have 2 sets, so i gussied and helped her put all the gear on, tightehed it up to the right degree etc....

aaaaaanyway. We just went about a mile down the road to the post office. Only I came back :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: We start off, and I make sure to take it easy. Extra smooth shifting, about 10 under the limit. We get to the post office and i yell back. Alright, we're stopped you can get off. (This is where I start to notice something has gone amiss. heh. hehehe.) A SPATE of cursing erupts behind me. References to my, and heh anyone who rides a bike sanity, probable family history, The lack of brain DNA...... And shes dismounting in one heckuva hurry.

By this point I'm having trouble holding the bike up for laughing. (Yes I know. laughing at a scared passenger on her first ride.... not good.) Anyway, In between death threats, talk of restraining orders, and a very compelling description of her recent conversion to rabid fundamentalist christianity..... I notice a set of very wide eyes, and a grin that just about knocks my visor off.

She proceeds to go diggin for post office keys. Still muttering. And sends me back up the road for a 2 wheeled times two conveyance. I ride up the road roaring laughter into my helmet. Manage to get buelah parked, strip off my gloves and coat and start haulin "O Ring" back in the car.

Jen comes bustling out, with a stack of mail in one hand. And an entire set of riding gear in the other. Sounding more than just a little like claire huxtible on a rant. Proceeds to let me know, that riding on a bike is "the most terryfying experience of my life. and you you crazy bastrd what the hell is wrong with you that you enjoy this?" "I knew you were crazy but i didnt think you were That crazy. You just get us home and take it easy, we'll get you some medication tomorrow to take care of this sweety."

Her description of the ride was something along the lines of "like watching a donkey eaten alive" and heh "I was so scared i wanted to "poo poo", but i couldn't, and i was so clenched up trying not to puke on your helmet, that i was stiff as a board." (she was actually a perfect pillion. no movement from her at all. I think what scared her, was an oncoming van went by us, and she's never experienced the air wash in person.) :laughing: :laughing:

After a bit of talking, and/or a few more threats on my life..... She said.... I'd probably do it again but i want 3 sets of armor all layered on, and 2 helmets. She also expressed that she would be more comfy actually piloting a bike, because of the control issues.

Oh that poor crazy girl...... i do love her so. hehe. Can't wait till she decides she has to go again. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#19 Unread post by Shorts »

:laughing: You know, years from now she'll look back and laugh. By then she'll be riding her own 'cause she'll be infected with the craziness.

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#20 Unread post by Veda »

Yeah, she'll totally be riding her own bike soon :laughing: