Rosco and the blogging thereof

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#21 Unread post by roscowgo »

Thats the feeling I get too. After we got home and she got inside....

Totaaly different person that before she went out. was keyed up. Energetic while still being tired. Laughing at things she would Never laugh at before.

I know it scared holy hell and 14 pickles out of her...... But i think it was kind of an emotional EST at the same time. She won't admit that of course. At least not yet. I've got no reason to push. She'll either come along on her own, knowing that shes welcome and wanted at all times, or she'll decide she wants nothing to do with sickles ever again.

Either way is perfectly fine by me.

I did have to ask her one thing when I stopped cackling like a loon for a few seconds though...... so.... those passenger pegs are a little uncomfy? Do you still want to dangle your legs off the bike?

:laugh5:

:welcome2: to the craziness Jen.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#22 Unread post by roscowgo »

:P

Rode to work this morning. Nothing unusual or noteworth to comment on about that.

What i Am happy about is installing a set of ghettospeakers in my helmet. :laughing:

Took an old 15$ pair of headphones/headset did a little corrective surgery to remove the earpieces from the frame, and played around with routing wires, a lil tape and positioning.

Tried the frankenstinian monster out on lunch. While it's not as loud as i'd like it (yet) I think its entirely acceptable and a better experience than the dang wind. Kinda drowns out those screamin dinosaurs i've got attached to my bike too :roll: .

I think I may splice in an in-line coupler at around an inch or two from the edge of the helmet though. cable itself is way way long. I'm not attaching whatever i play music through (currently an ipod) to the bike. will be an in coat battery operated gadjet for the time being. So i'm not too worried about tying myself to the bike.

Am also thinking about getting a little foam and doing some ear hole sculpting. Make a channel that goes more towards my ear from the speaker. Should increase the tunes i can hear, and insulate me from the bellering buelah somewhat. get it shaped and performing right, then make with the sewing or velcro to the existing non protective padding. (my cheekpieces where i have the speakers installed are soft foam, wouldnt protect an ant falling from 1'

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#23 Unread post by roscowgo »

Well tested the speakers out today. And my tailbone. Left home at about 8 this mornin and got back at 9:30 tonight.

:) Had one little pucker moment. Sharp curve, and for some reason a wet road. :shock:

Was a beautiful beautiful day. 70's no clouds. no wind. Bikes EVERYWHERE. I'm guessing I passed 150-200 today. Rode a state down and pestered my geek buddies. :laughing:

Did wind up having to drive the interstate coming home in the dark. I HATE the interstate in the dark.

I can see right now that I'm gonna need a windshield. At least if i plan on trying to haul "O Ring" on the slab. I think I may try some gel inserts in my boots. The vibration makes my left foot do the pins and needles thing, and eventually go numb. Then I have to go do that idiot biker on the side of the road walking in circles thing for another 100 miles or so.

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#24 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

roscowgo

AAAAAaaaaaaaa!!! :twisted:
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#25 Unread post by roscowgo »

:p I am not the debil. No really.

Yesterday must have been the day to see and do weird "poo poo".

Went out at around 5-6 for a mickey d's run for jennifer. (we'd both been running all day just no energy to cook). FIrst redlight i get to......what do i see?

Fella riding what i Think was a vulcan of some sort. And just exactly who does he have riding pillion? A naked guy.

A naked guy wearing a beanie helmet and goggles. Yes thats all. They made the next right and got onto the interstate.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Now this is just randomg musing here. But if for some Reason I A. Decided to cuddle up to my buddy and ride pillion. B. Decide to ride nekkid. C. Decide to both ride nekkid And cuddle up to my buddy. I sure as HELL wouldnt jump on the interstate. In the Evening. When the big bugs come out.

Next oddball thing i saw.... Sitting in the drive thru line of McD.... what does my little roving rosco eye spy....but a freaking bobcat. In the middle of town. Wandering around maybe 50 feet from the playground. It seemed to take a good long look, then sort of shrug and trot off toward a staples, and the woods behind it.

though technically not the same day. Jen and i went to bed. 3 am rolls by, i get that excited/afraid/panicked hiss whisper thats reserved for telling someone something serious, generally bad, and or needs attention is going down.

PSSSSST. WILL THE BEDROOM DOOR JUST OPENED.

I was dead asleep. Waking me from a dead sleep with something serious going on prompts action. Not Thought. I dont lay around and mumble huh? So I leap from the bed, arm myself with whichever bladed implement presents itself first and go stalking about the house looking to make shiskebabs. Upstairs is clear. I make my way downstairs in the pitch black..... get almost to the bottom. and miss a step. You know how that goes. step out into what i think is the floor.... nothing but air there. go promptly "O Ring" over sleepy teakettle. and stab a light socket. Figure after that little show if there was an intruder, he's laughed himself to death and i can go back to bed.

jeeze what a day.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#26 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:laughing:
Bad dreams....that's what you get for eating McD's.... :wink:

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#27 Unread post by KarateChick »

roscowgo - you still wearin those nicotine patches to bed..or 2 or 3 or what ?!?!?!

:laughing:
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#28 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

:laugh5: OMG that was too funny. I can relate with the whole "take action from a dead sleep" thing. Can't say how many times I've walked into a wall in the middle of the night because someone decided to move the furniture around in the station. Get used to things being in a particular spot ya know? Alarm goes off at 3 am, you jump up and take a full step towards the clothes peg and find a divider wall instead. :frusty:

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#29 Unread post by Shorts »

:laughing: I'd love to spend a day with you, that'd be a story. I'd bring my vid cam lol

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#30 Unread post by roscowgo »

Shorts wrote::laughing: I'd love to spend a day with you, that'd be a story. I'd bring my vid cam lol
Oh it was a weird one alright. But if you really want some funniest home video moments..... you should hang out with my buddy joe. I have never in my life seen a less lucky person.

I've seen him electrocute himself at least two dozen times. He's managed to handsaw his shin bone. Broke his back with a can of beans. Married women flock to him and try to drag him home to be discovered by their husbands. His eyes run red and streaming from allergies causing the summer months to be filled with drug tests where he works. No good deed he does is unpunished.

Love him like a brother though. There is no guile or trickery in joe. :) Just take a step back when he starts fiddling with power tools.